• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 7/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, Tex Pete said:

Waving at kids in the hospital since…2017? That’s like an aggy tradition. 

It’s overrated. My daughter had surgery there 13 months ago. I commented from her room that she had a perfect view of the stadium, and she said, “All I can see from my bed is the top of the light standards.”

1-F08-B3-A3-0-D93-4824-AFCE-9-E8-F69-D4-

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

No 247 sub but saw on twitter there was no Jadon Scarlett from the 22 class. He was ranked in the 400s last year so was probably gonna wash out either way

44 minutes ago, Fud said:

20 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

No 247 sub but saw on twitter there was no Jadon Scarlett from the 22 class. He was ranked in the 400s last year so was probably gonna wash out either way

Both of those are pretty big deals, really. They pushed Harris to reclassify and bagged him up over the competition, which I think was Diaz and Miami, but don't truly recall that part. They bought him though. 

As to Scarlett, there was zero need to let that guy stay committed with the rest of the guys they were signing. That has to matter in Texas high school circles if he's been trap door'ed already.

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Both of those are pretty big deals, really. They pushed Harris to reclassify and bagged him up over the competition, which I think was Diaz and Miami, but don't truly recall that part. They bought him though. 

As to Scarlett, there was zero need to let that guy stay committed with the rest of the guys they were signing. That has to matter in Texas high school circles if he's been trap door'ed already.

i still can't believe the shit that Charlie Strong got from TXHSFB coaches for his limited out of state recruiting only to hear not a peep from them when Jimbo has 40-50% of his classes made up of OOS recruits.

edit: Scarlett is listed on 247 as only having signed a LOI, not as having enrolled? as of mid july he posted a tweet about going to A&M, still has A&M in signee in his twitter bio but limited twitter activity since this tweet - doesn't look like he posts much on there anyway

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

i still can't believe the shit that Charlie Strong got from TXHSFB coaches for his limited out of state recruiting only to hear not a peep from them when Jimbo has 40-50% of his classes made up of OOS recruits.

edit: Scarlett is listed on 247 as only having signed a LOI, not as having enrolled? as of mid july he posted a tweet about going to A&M, still has A&M in signee in his twitter bio but limited twitter activity since this tweet - doesn't look like he posts much on there anyway

I wonder if they are greyshirting him. 

48 minutes ago, NoName said:

It seems that there’s one slight noticeable difference between Jimbo and Charlie that might cause some TX HSFB coaches to react negatively to one versus the other. I can’t quite figure it out though ….

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The biggest issue with Johnson being name starter is the question mark at RT. The line was a big issue for them last year and without any sure fire upgrades and a downgrade at OL coach they may struggle to keep him upright.  

They'd just put their best tackle at RT 

5 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The biggest issue with Johnson being name starter is the question mark at RT. The line was a big issue for them last year and without any sure fire upgrades and a downgrade at OL coach they may struggle to keep him upright.  

I noticed they have Diggs and Tunmise as the two starting DE's (both have hardly played much) and after that it's a ???  

21 hours ago, NoName said:

Based on the tweets timing I'm guessing he needed to either finish a summer school class and/or get a better SAT/ACT score. His dad passed last Sept and could be an explanation for any issue.  A&M signed some higher ranked guys but I still think Scarlett cracks their starting lineup at some point while there. His quickness and moves in HS are enough to not could him out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Was to forced think of this thread and you glorious bastards while sitting in traffic today. I pull up behind a car at a red light, I looked at the car and instantly wondered what kind of idiot puts a sticker blocking the center high mounted stop light. Now you already know where this is headed so I'll just let you enjoy.

IMG_1548.jpeg

Edited by 927 E. 41st
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

It seems that there’s one slight noticeable difference between Jimbo and Charlie that might cause some TX HSFB coaches to react negatively to one versus the other. I can’t quite figure it out though ….

Charlie fucks peoples wives and Jimbo just likes to watch it happen?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2