• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

From the inside, you can't explain it.

I think it's obvious I'm no graphic designer, but 2 minutes with MS Word let me get this far, and I stopped when I realized I didn't know how to change the kerning between the "A", "T", and "M".  I didn't have the stomach to put any more work into it.

image.png.f915603e2442886b5d11bf84a738888e.png

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think it's obvious I'm no graphic designer, but 2 minutes with MS Word let me get this far, and I stopped when I realized I didn't know how to change the kerning between the "A", "T", and "M".  I didn't have the stomach to put any more work into it.

image.png.f915603e2442886b5d11bf84a738888e.png

The extra A&M stand for nothing...yet another turdition.

aggy stands for nothing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Is their practice facility on top of a set of train tracks?  WTF was that sound?

The train track runs right by the stadium and you can hear it over their whole campus. Their hotel sits about 60 yards from the track and is poorly insulated. I did a post a couple of years ago about taking a daughter on a campus tour and staying in their hotel. I am grateful everyday that she didn't want to go there.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

The train track runs right by the stadium and you can hear it over their whole campus. Their hotel sits about 60 yards from the track and is poorly insulated. I did a post a couple of years ago about taking a daughter on a campus tour and staying in their hotel. I am grateful everyday that she didn't want to go there.

Stupid sip. That train is turdition. A reminder of the time that brave aggy was going to shell Waco. 

11 hours ago, Deej said:

Stupid sip. That train is turdition. A reminder of the time that brave aggy was going to shell Waco. 

You are oh so right! I think I mentioned this previously, but there is a package of ear plugs and card in each room. The card has a 1930's era picture of "students" on a train. Paraphrasing the card, it is something like "don't be upset when you are awakened (blasted out of bed) by the train's horn" (in the middle of the night). "Think of all the students down over the years, returning to their studies at A&M. I couldn't help but point out to my daughter that the picture was NOT of A&M students returning to B/CS. Daughter-"How do you know that dad?" Me-"Well, it's a black and white photo from the 1930's no A/C, open window train car with men and women students!, That didn't happen here".

I tried to stay out of it and let her make upper own mind, but I also couldn't help myself when the tour guide very proudly pointed out "A&M has the #2 ranked Petroleum Engineering program in the entire world!" I leaned over to my daughter and said "Gee, I wonder who is #1?"

Edited by 927 E. 41st
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

Must be wins vs non-P5, right?  What else could it be?

I don't have it in me to run the numbers, but surely they have a better winning PCT over the last 10 years than Texas, TCU and Texas Tech.  I imagine they're ahead of Cougar High and Baylor as well.  "Run this state" is an exaggeration, and if they're referring to recruiting rankings (which makes it kind of a circular argument) I'd guess we'd be in pretty much a dead heat with them over the decade.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't have it in me to run the numbers, but surely they have a better winning PCT over the last 10 years than Texas, TCU and Texas Tech.  I imagine they're ahead of Cougar High and Baylor as well.  "Run this state" is an exaggeration, and if they're referring to recruiting rankings (which makes it kind of a circular argument) I'd guess we'd be in pretty much a dead heat with them over the decade.

Yeah, sorry my sarcasm overloaded my ability to express myself clearly. :)  I think their overall winning PCT is better, but I think we actually have the same # of wins over P5 opponents.  During (arguably) our worst decade, like, ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/5/2022 at 6:32 PM, speed817 said:

@satyanash Is that your relative? No relative of mine works at a gas station in College Station. Other places, yes, but not College Station.

• Haha 3

On 8/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

Was to forced think of this thread and you glorious bastards while sitting in traffic today. I pull up behind a car at a red light, I looked at the car and instantly wondered what kind of idiot puts a sticker blocking the center high mounted stop light. Now you already know where this is headed so I'll just let you enjoy.

IMG_1548.jpeg

The same kind of idiot that leases a Honda.  At least their dealer educated them about negative equity:

https://www.dmautoleasing.com/negative-equity/

But nothing will erase the negative social equity of being aggy

On 8/5/2022 at 6:32 PM, speed817 said:

Facts:

walthamresident927
·
2 days ago
I went to TAMU and this is what the Aggie legacy is made of. Racism and hate. Fuck A&M.

3 hours ago, Deej said:

This will never get old. 

It's absolutely perfect.  I laugh more every time I watch it.  The dogpile on Tucker at the end puts it over the top.

EDIT:  I just noticed Ole Miss and 'bama shared the same actor.  That makes it even better.  Arch says "hi".

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1