• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

ESPN has released their annual Underachiever Tiers of College Football - Guess who is #1?

Posted on 8/12/22 at 3:51 pm
up vote16down vote0
bkm1.png
Texas A&M Aggies top annual underachiever tiers of college football

quote:
I recognize it's never fun for fans to see their team headlining college football's underachiever tiers. Texas A&M has one of the largest and most prideful fan bases in the sport, so much so that it is synonymous with a number, 12. And although the home of the 12th Man was an easy pick to lead off the tiers, the truth about a team's lack of performance can sting.
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Paging @Randolph Duke

Texas A&M has more money than The University of Texas?

The aggys seems to be in a perpetual competition to demonstrate just how bad the aggy education actually is.

"We have more money than 'tu'" (Please excuse my use of their shit-for-brains redneck ebonics.)

By what metric? Notice they never give the metric so their claim can be verified. That is because they don't know which metric. And that is because no such metric actually exists.

The annual operating budget of UT Austin exceeds that of TAMU - College Station and OU - Norman combined. If aggy supposedly has "all this money" they sure aren't spending it on education.

Remember that A&M athletics is (yet again) suffering from a multi-year cycle where their operating revenue can't pay operating expenses. This, while they still haven't managed to find the money to repay the interest-free loan they originally took out in 2006 to fund that cycle of aggy financial distress.

My favorite aggy "we is redneck rich!" counter is the fact that on or about 2014, TAMU initiated a $4B academic capital campaign. By 2018, the year the capital campaign ended, the net financial position of TAMU declined. Only an aggy could raise $4B and have less to show for it than before they started.

Four. Billion. Dollars.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy 2014-2018 net position.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

The most hilarious part of the clip is at the very end when she displays her complete ignorance by proposing the OU-OK St analogy and both dudes are like "YES!".  Clearly she has benefited from hot girl privilege.  If she was average looking she'd be a suburban house wife married to an insurance agent.

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

If she was average looking she'd be a suburban house wife married to an insurance agent.

She still will be, just married to a lawyer and driving a Mercedes instead of a Honda.

Ain't nothing special about that hag after 35. I see pilates instructor in her future.

The aggies started to claim financial superiority in 2018 when Forbes published a report saying they were the most valuable team even though the list was based om revenue and not actual value. They always fail to mention that they passed us up solely due to contributions for the Kyle field renovation and Fisher contract. 

From the article:

It's been widely reported that the Aggies closed the gap with the cross-state rival Longhorns because of a vast increase in contributions. And indeed, from 2014 through the 2016-17 season, the Texas A&M athletic department earned $260 million in contributions, nearly double what any other school made in that time. For reference, in those years, Texas had total athletic contributions of $123 million; Florida, which ranks second in the category, totaled contributions of $138 million. Texas A&M, meanwhile, allocated $119 million of its total contributions just to the football team.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2018/09/11/college-footballs-most-valuable-teams/

960x0.jpg

And the reminder that aggy athletics is (yet again) unable to generate sufficient revenue from ordinary operations to meet ordinary expenses. This deficit is curious as supposedly aggy "has more money" than UT Austin, yet UT Austin spends not only far more on academics than Texas A&M, but as shown above, for FY 2020 UT Austin spent 20% more on athletics than did Texas A&M.

Maybe that tart on the podcast can use her "redneck logic" and "redneck accounting" and 'splain to us where aggy is holding all this "money" and where, if not on academics or athletics, they are spending all that money.

aggy athletics deficit texags copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

And, finally, a snapshot of both schools from the THECB 2020 Almanac.

Now, in exactly what universe does Texas A&M "have more money" than UT Austin?

The dingbat aggy twit had no clue what she was talking about. Sent into the world with only an aggy-level education, she babbled the fairy-tale bullshit she lernt in Fish Camp and embarrassed herself.

She is an idiot, but a consummate aggy.

thecb 2020 ut:a&m.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

And upcoming is (yet another) example of aggy stupidity and Fish Camp "redneck history." I am sure it will fill the aggys with great pride and embarrass them even further in the eyes of those who know the actual story.

https://12thman.com/news/2022/8/11/12th-man-documentary-premieres-at-rudder-auditorium-on-aug-20.aspx

BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M Athletics and 12th Man Films debuts the much-anticipated STANDING ROOM ONLY - The Legend of the 12th Man on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 7 p.m. at Rudder Auditorium on the Texas A&M campus. The ambitious full-length documentary is a sweeping look at a tradition that is often imitated, but never duplicated.

Admission to the premiere is free but seating is limited to 2,500 seats and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons and groups are encouraged to RSVP in advance here. The Rudder Auditorium doors will open at 6 p.m., and there are no food or drinks allowed at the venue. For more information about the Rudder Theatre Complex, go to www.tamu.edu.

“This all-encompassing story of the 12th Man has something for everyone,” said Andy Richardson, Associate Athletics Director, 12th Man Productions. “Whether you are a fan of college sports or a multi-generation Aggie, you will learn something about Texas A&M and the unique timeline that has sustained the great tradition of the 12th Man for 100 years and counting.”

The first major production of 12th Man Films is fittingly a full-length documentary tracing the famous 12th Man tradition at Texas A&M from the early days of the school to present day.  As the school continued to evolve from a small all-male, military-based college to its present status as one of the premier institutions of higher learning in the nation, the 12th Man tradition has maintained as a visual standard for Aggie students in selfless service to their school.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

And upcoming is (yet another) example of aggy stupidity and Fish Camp "redneck history." I am sure it will fill the aggys with great pride and embarrass them even further in the eyes of those who know the actual story.

https://12thman.com/news/2022/8/11/12th-man-documentary-premieres-at-rudder-auditorium-on-aug-20.aspx

BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M Athletics and 12th Man Films debuts the much-anticipated STANDING ROOM ONLY - The Legend of the 12th Man on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 7 p.m. at Rudder Auditorium on the Texas A&M campus. The ambitious full-length documentary is a sweeping look at a tradition that is often imitated, but never duplicated.

Admission to the premiere is free but seating is limited to 2,500 seats and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons and groups are encouraged to RSVP in advance here. The Rudder Auditorium doors will open at 6 p.m., and there are no food or drinks allowed at the venue. For more information about the Rudder Theatre Complex, go to www.tamu.edu.

“This all-encompassing story of the 12th Man has something for everyone, except the truth,” said Andy Richardson, Associate Athletics Director, 12th Man Productions. “Whether you are a fan of college sports or a multi-generation Aggie, you will learn something about Texas A&M and the unique timeline that has sustained the great tradition of the 12th Man for 100 years and counting.”

The first major production of 12th Man Films is fittingly a full-length documentary tracing the famous 12th Man tradition at Texas A&M from the early days of the school to present day.  As the school continued to evolve from a small all-male, military-based college to its present status as one of the premier institutions of higher learning in the nation, the 12th Man tradition has maintained as a visual standard for Aggie students in selfless service to their school.

Fixed it.

SIAP: Saw this article:  

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/new-harbor-bridge-at-risk-of-collapse-under-current-design-txdot-says/503-5a483133-d207-4c46-b478-298e761b799e?fbclid=IwAR08RdxyUNOKbS_GaTbrXUbJVPqbiFlIbZAaV3vNoxPf1EmqtbYkynD1eVQ

And immediately thought aggy. So, I went into RD mode and was disappointed that the CEO is from Spain and definitely not aggy. But THEN, I did some more research and...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kurt-knebel-b127127

Fuckin that's a bingo.gif ! Wherever there is gross incompetence combined with totally unjustified arrogance... I'd say don't ever change, but that's when they are building unstable structures that just kill themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

the pyle southeast upper deck ("the satellite dish") is going to collapse during a game with thousands dead during our lifetime due to the aggy cultural bias which impedes risk identification

as built the pyle expansion bears little resemblance to the drawings used to sell the project to the public, because that build out would have been 12-14k seats short of target number.... more than the sips.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Tigersnake said:

SIAP: Saw this article:  

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/new-harbor-bridge-at-risk-of-collapse-under-current-design-txdot-says/503-5a483133-d207-4c46-b478-298e761b799e?fbclid=IwAR08RdxyUNOKbS_GaTbrXUbJVPqbiFlIbZAaV3vNoxPf1EmqtbYkynD1eVQ

And immediately thought aggy. So, I went into RD mode and was disappointed that the CEO is from Spain and definitely not aggy. But THEN, I did some more research and...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kurt-knebel-b127127

Fuckin that's a bingo.gif ! Wherever there is gross incompetence combined with totally unjustified arrogance... I'd say don't ever change, but that's when they are building unstable structures that just kill themselves.

I don't know whether it has been mentioned before,  but the SH99 ship channel bridge construction was/is shutdown for the same reason.

• Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Elite units in the past?

As a follow up to aggypedia.com, I think the next project might have to be “The Dictionary of Redneck Ebonics.” 

A guide to translating what those trade school racist idiots are trying to say when they speak aggyspeak. 

It wouldn’t be a hard project to put together. They have one adjective for “bottom of the barrel,” “mediocre,” “average,” “slightly above average,” and “the best we can scrape up.” 

That word in redneck ebonics is “elite,” The most over-used adjective in the redneck ebonic dialect. 

Another word for the redneck ebonics dictionary is “game changer.” In redneck ebonics, “game changer” means “soon to be proven ineffective.” 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1

Here is (yet another) perfect example of how the aggy education is not anything close "to tu."

Politics aside for this discussion, the ags are bleating about Trump and classified documents.

The 40% of aggys on the low end (the t-shirt aggy, "full aggy," and corps turds) simply genuflect (see: Sul Ross) and insist by their divine provenance the individual in question is incapable of any errors in thought or action.

Then comes the fat part of the curve containing the random aggies who couldn't come close to getting accepted into UT Austin and who are therefore cursed to go through life with only an aggy-level education. The only way of thinking they know is "I heard this in Fish Camp so it must be 100% true and indisputable, "facts is facts and I knows facts, 'cause I done herd them somewhere." These are the same idiots who start out "my information says," "I have it on good information," or "don't worry about how I know, I just do." Their approach is largely, "Facts is facts, I done gived you the facts, end of discussion, he ain't done nuthin' wrong. Whoop!"

Here is a great example of all this playing out in real time: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3307821

Not one of them thinks to cite Federal Code and clarify the statutes they believe speak to the classification and declassification of federal documents. The UT Austin approach of meaningful learning (as opposed to the the A&M model of rote learning) encourages people to examine the relevant statutes, discern their meaning and intent, pass that perspective through the filter of relevant case law, and then form an opinion. Or at least refer to a discussion involving someone who has referred to the relevant information on the subject. This is a far different process than the rote learning redneck approach to ignoring most of the facts (relevant statutes and case law) and instead dictating to others "this is what I lernt in Fish Camp, so shut up, I is right and you ain't." (My personal favorite aggy rote-learning stumblefuck is "well, I ain't never heard of none of that until now, so it don't matter.")

No A&M doesn't "have more money than tu." No, the Texas A&M education isn't "just like tu."

The amazing thing is the ags truly believe what they say, they just don't understand the way they settled on their beliefs is a direct result of the glaring weaknesses of the aggy education. This pertains to A&M being a branch of UT, their school essentially being a reform school in its early years, the origins of their yell leader tradition, the fraud wrapped so tightly around their 12th Man turdition, "more officers in WWII," "just a small military school," "only aggys ever served their country," "we stole federal property and conspired to take it to Waco to commit mass atrocities," etc, etc, etc, etc.

Below is a picture of the Madgaburg Unicorn (for some reasons its making its way around the twittersphere again this morning). When I see this, it reminds me of Texas A&M. "Scientific experts" who believed "facts was facts" insisted this was an accurate skeletal reconstruction of a prehistoric unicorn. This was believed by some of the most enlightened minds in 17th-centure Europe.

Knowledge evolves over time. Texas A&M and aggy culture doesn't.

magdeburg unicorn.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Here is (yet another) perfect example of how the aggy education is not anything close "to tu."

Politics aside for this discussion, the ags are bleating about Trump and classified documents.

The 40% of aggys on the low end (the t-shirt aggy, "full aggy," and corps turds) simply genuflect (see: Sul Ross) and insist by their divine provenance the individual in question is incapable of any errors in thought or action.

Then comes the fat part of the curve containing the random aggies who couldn't come close to getting accepted into UT Austin and who are therefore cursed to go through life with only an aggy-level education. The only way of thinking they know is "I heard this in Fish Camp so it must be 100% true and indisputable, "facts is facts and I knows facts, 'cause I done herd them somewhere." These are the same idiots who start out "my information says," "I have it on good information," or "don't worry about how I know, I just do." Their approach is largely, "Facts is facts, I done gived you the facts, end of discussion, he ain't done nuthin' wrong. Whoop!"

Here is a great example of all this playing out in real time: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3307821

Not one of them thinks to cite Federal Code and clarify the statutes they believe speak to the classification and declassification of federal documents. The UT Austin approach of meaningful learning (as opposed to the the A&M model of rote learning) encourages people to examine the relevant statutes, discern their meaning and intent, pass that perspective through the filter of relevant case law, and then form an opinion. Or at least refer to a discussion involving someone who has referred to the relevant information on the subject. This is a far different process than the rote learning redneck approach to ignoring most of the facts (relevant statutes and case law) and instead dictating to others "this is what I lernt in Fish Camp, so shut up, I is right and you ain't." (My personal favorite aggy rote-learning stumblefuck is "well, I ain't never heard of none of that until now, so it don't matter.")

No A&M doesn't "have more money than tu." No, the Texas A&M education isn't "just like tu."

The amazing thing is the ags truly believe what they say, they just don't understand the way they settled on their beliefs is a direct result of the glaring weaknesses of the aggy education. This pertains to A&M being a branch of UT, their school essentially being a reform school in its early years, the origins of their yell leader tradition, the fraud wrapped so tightly around their 12th Man turdition, "more officers in WWII," "just a small military school," "only aggys ever served their country," "we stole federal property and conspired to take it to Waco to commit mass atrocities," etc, etc, etc, etc.

Below is a picture of the Madgaburg Unicorn (for some reasons its making its way around the twittersphere again this morning). When I see this, it reminds me of Texas A&M. "Scientific experts" who believed "facts was facts" insisted this was an accurate skeletal reconstruction of a prehistoric unicorn. This was believed by some of the most enlightened minds in 17th-centure Europe.

Knowledge evolves over time. Texas A&M and aggy culture doesn't.

magdeburg unicorn.jpeg

Leave it to RD to unearth the original 12th man.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:06 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://theathletic.com/3468035/2022/08/02/college-football-realignment/

“Once it becomes really well known, the politicians get involved. That’s the problem,” says R. Bowen Loftin, the former president at Texas A&M and Missouri. “Look at California right now. That’s not surprising. And I’m not surprised they wanted to keep it quiet, because they wanted a fait accompli in place before they actually had to let (Gov. Newsom) know about it. And of course he’s mad about it. And I understand that, too.”

Loftin experienced it firsthand. Texas A&M was first interested in joining the SEC in the summer of 2010, but then-Texas Gov. Rick Perry “shut it down with one phone call,” as Loftin puts it. This was also during the Pac-10’s attempt to raid the Big 12 and form a super conference, a process that played out over various media reports and eventually failed.

Anytime Loftin discussed expansion with the athletic department, it seemed to show up on a Texas fan site. There was a leak in the athletic department, he presumed. So the next year, as he quietly kept talking with the SEC, he kept the circle of knowledge tight, even excluding his athletic director in many conversations.

“Much to his anger,” Loftin said.

Behind the scenes, Loftin spoke every morning with then-SEC commissioner Mike Slive, as the two laid the groundwork and waited for the right time. By late summer of 2011, public support had swung toward leaving the Big 12 and the shadow of the Longhorns. Loftin was greeted at an event with chants of “S-E-C, S-E-C!” So while the process wasn’t completely private, it was at least less tumultuous, and this time the governor didn’t shut it down.

x-posting from realignment

@aggypedia please take note.  the above article was posted here in realignment, will X-post it to the main aggy thread.

in this interview, bowtie fucks up massively and puts paid for all time the aggy revisionist bullshit that they left because of the LHN.  they were bleating about "standing offers to go to the sec" 3 years earlier starting in the summer of 2007, but here in print in a nationally recognized and respected magazine is the proof that aggy can shove it and go to hell with their bullshit that they left because of the LHN which was ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD for the very first time anyone other than Belmont or Bristol were made aware of it's existence in this article dated 19 Jan 2011:

https://www.espn.com/espn/news/story?id=6037857

in the current atlantic article, bowtie confirms they were trying to leave in the summer of 2010.

so fuck aggy.  memorize the dates.  memorize the quotes.  memorize the sources.   break their brains whenever possible.

@aggypedia please incorporate above post in to the wiki

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

x-posting from realignment

@aggypedia please take note.  the above article was posted here in realignment, will X-post it to the main aggy thread.

in this interview, bowtie fucks up massively and puts paid for all time the aggy revisionist bullshit that they left because of the LHN.  they were bleating about "standing offers to go to the sec" 3 years earlier starting in the summer of 2007, but here in print in a nationally recognized and respected magazine is the proof that aggy can shove it and go to hell with their bullshit that they left because of the LHN which was ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD for the very first time anyone other than Belmont or Bristol were made aware of it's existence in this article dated 19 Jan 2011:

https://www.espn.com/espn/news/story?id=6037857

in the current atlantic article, bowtie confirms they were trying to leave in the summer of 2010.

so fuck aggy.  memorize the dates.  memorize the quotes.  memorize the sources.   break their brains whenever possible.

@aggypedia please incorporate above post in to the wiki

Who gives a fuck why aggy left? It's not worth arguing with aggy about. Just ask those idiots why they couldn't launch their own "aggy network" channel.

*crickets*

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Who gives a fuck why aggy left? It's not worth arguing with aggy about. Just ask those idiots why they couldn't launch their own "aggy network" channel.

*crickets*

...or why the dumbasses didn't take the UT offer to do the network jointly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

...or why the dumbasses didn't take the UT offer to do the network jointly. 

Why would aggy want to do the network jointly....since they were planning all along, to leave the conference and give us the finger on the way out?  That was their plan and so joining the network deal would have kept them here.  They performed the old fuck you Horns, we're outta here move.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Especially because he says he’s the parent of a “current App State Fan.” He was confusing his own user name with what he was claiming his son is. 

Yep. Dead giveaway. As are the poor syntax & composition, misspelled words, saying watching a game at Pyle is on his bucket list, etc. All the hallmarks of aggy fakery are there.

• Hook 'Em 1