• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

the buyout for that sorry sack of shit over there in aggieville is 95 MILLION DOLLARS ???????

Charlie Murphy Laugh GIFs | Tenor

No coach besides Fisher has ever had a buyout exceed $50 million, according to USA Today, and his nearly doubles that figure.

"Providing the appropriate amount of stability and continuity during this important time is critical as we support our football program at the highest level," Aggies athletic director Ross Bjork said in release announcing Fisher's extension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/8/2022 at 6:25 AM, Randolph Duke said:

His extension kicked in this past January and runs through 2031. The first year of the new deal was for $9.0 mil/yr. The contract has escalators that bump his base $100k/yr. As of today, there is around $87 mil left on his contract.

Here is Jimbo's walk-away clause:

jimbo's contract termination clause.jpeg

Wow! Just wow!

On 9/8/2022 at 6:25 AM, Randolph Duke said:

His extension kicked in this past January and runs through 2031. The first year of the new deal was for $9.0 mil/yr. The contract has escalators that bump his base $100k/yr. As of today, there is around $87 mil left on his contract.

Here is Jimbo's walk-away clause:

jimbo's contract termination clause.jpeg

This is the best part of the "fire Jimbo now!!1!!1!" Texags rants.  They literally can't because their lawyers actually approved these terms.

Every time I read this, I imagine Jimbo's legal team had a side bet to see just how far they could push aggy with one sided terms before they'd walk away.  Ends up, as with all things aggy stupidity, there was no limit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

aggy may experience difficulty in reaching their traditional 8-4 record if they're unable to handle Sun Belt powerhouse opponents at home. I laughed that they reached #6 solely based on their recruiting class from 2022. Jumbo the dumbo is washed, FSU was happy to get rid of him and the aggy were happy to shell out a mountain of cash believing he could make them relevant. How long until the 5 stars from that 2022 class begin portaling if they're losing to the likes of Sun Belt cupcakes?

8-4.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean sure. That's obviously true. But how about some self-reflection by the media for having that shitass team ranked #6 for no good reason whatsoever? 

Yep. This was Exhibit number Eleventy Billion & 47 demonstrating how utterly stupid and worthless preseason polls are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1