• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

33 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

The reactions on Texags (which is possibly the most delusional extreme of their fan base) would disagree with you. Lots of infighting about the entire concept of midnight yell and whether or not it should be allowed to continue.

There is very little Old Army on texags.  The Olds would lose their shit if somebody considered discontinuing midnight yell.  It would hurt them on the donations side.

There is very little Old Army on texags.  The Olds would lose their shit if somebody considered discontinuing midnight yell.  It would hurt them on the donations side.
This is true, there was a lot of gray hair valiantly defending the effigy of good ole Sully a couple years back

2 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Why would WV want to downgrade? 

They are pretty much done with Neal Brown after chasing away Holgerson to Houston.  

They'd probably happily pay jumbo 5M a year , but unless he's fearing for his life it's hard to see him willingly leaving that much cash on the table . He is a mercenary after all 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

2 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

They are pretty much done with Neal Brown after chasing away Holgerson to Houston.  

They'd probably happily pay jumbo 5M a year , but unless he's fearing for his life it's hard to see him willingly leaving that much cash on the table . He is a mercenary after all 

I didn’t know Brown was on the hot seat. 

6 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:
6 hours ago, C-Man said:
aggy needs somebody to eat Jimbo's playbook?
list-eater.jpg

I see Matt Foley every time I see a picture of Listeater.

I always see either Francis, from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, or Chubby, from Teen Wolf (Same actor).

Edited by Homesickhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

Lulz... yell leader accidentally self owns at 6:25 mark.

"Why is it so hard for this A&M I MEAN... App State football team to create a website?  Because they can't string three W's together"

I watched way too much of this. I mean, I know that aggies are weirdos, but it never seems to fully sink in just how weird. I’m just glad they made a special school just for them. 

Had 2 cousins who went to aggy. Went to yell practice one night. It was either Halloween or the night before (think it was before a Houston game - yeah it’s been a while). Overall pretty boring, except guy showed up in a batman mask. As they’re getting ready to to practice the next yell, someone yells, “Uncover batman!”* Dude turns around and is looking for whoever yelled at him.

* - For the uninitiated, aggy yell uncover to tell you to take off your hat before the yell. Shit is tedious.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tigol said:

I didn't know anything about them when I was in high school.  Like many here, some HS friends went to Texas and others to A&M.  So, a group of my friends invited me to "yell practice" to try to persuade me to go the A&M route.  Holy Shit.  I was educated that evening that I was being asked to join a fucking cult.  These dorks.  Wow.  I still remember being creeped out by the whole thing.  It is hard for me to believe someone would attend such a thing and say, "Yep, these are my people."  Jesus.

Yeah.  A lot of us wanted to get out of the parents house for a weekend with no adult supervision in high school.  I figured out pretty quickly that aggy wasn’t for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I watched the condensed game of Southern Miss v Miami.  Miami is not good.  Certainly not #13 good.  They look slow and devoid of dynamic playmakers on both sides of the ball.   App State is better and would easily beat Miami.  This is a game A&M should win. 

Not if Hayes King has anything to say about it.

napoleon dynamite GIF

3 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Serious question, how does aggy approach midnight yell practice for Miami this week? They have to do it, because tradition, but sports fans across the country are eagerly waiting to see those same 4 yell leaders go out there and make fools of themselves again.

A week after making lame jokes about App State, then losing to App State, then becoming a nationwide punchline, they have to do it again, for everyone to see.

Will they cancel their own live stream and prohibit cameras?

I really want to hear what those idiots have to say about Miami. The thought of a dork in overalls talking shit about south beach is too glorious 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LMAO.  He’s worried about it looking worse than OU 2003?!  It was 77-0 with 2-3 min left in the third!  😂

Fun fact: In the long and tortured history of Bedlam football, spanning 116 games, our worst loss ever was 75-0. It was the first game ever played between the two schools in 1904, three years before statehood. The game was played in Guthrie, then the territorial capital. OAMC was mostly wayward farm boys, probably jr. high and high school aged, as were most rural ag schools at the time. OU had also started playing football in 1895, we started in 1900, so a little head start in forming the program. Through the height of OU's pro squads in the 50's on and our absolute gutter teams in the 60s, 70s, early 80s and 90s, we still managed to never lose that bad again. Aggy in the modern era managed to do worse than that in 3 quarters. That is truly sad. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Fun fact: In the long and tortured history of Bedlam football, spanning 116 games, our worst loss was 75-0. It was the first game ever played between the two schools in 1904, three years before statehood. The game was played in Guthrie, then the territorial capital. OAMC was mostly wayward farm boys, probably jr. high and high school aged, as were most rural ag schools at the time. Through the height of OU's pro squads in the 50's on and the absolute gutter teams in the 60s, 70s, late 80s and 90s, we still managed to never lose that bad again. Aggy in the modern era managed to do worse than that in 3 quarters. That is truly sad. 

It certainly didn’t make me sad.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Guarantee you they'll throw in a "joke" about Miami naming themselves after a natural disaster.

Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

They will and not even blink at their own lack of self awareness that they will be holding the yell in a stadium remodeled with…. Wait for it…. Misappropriated disaster relief funds 

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yeah he’s never leaving unless aggy pays him $100 million or whatever to fire him 

he'll do that weird nutcracker grin and boomhauer staccato while dancing around reporter questions until he is forced to hire an OC and then he'll be a titular "head coach" until his buy-out becomes manageable.

Aggy's day in the sun is over. Texas moves into the SEC in 2024 and will cast literal shade over all things Collie Station. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Burt said:

What the fuck is he doing when he wants to emphasize a word???

I think he’s farting. 

The square dancing hillbillies in overalls is just too much. How is this even remotely appealing to urban and suburban kids from Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio areas?  Just bizarre. 

• Hook 'Em 2