• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

If you look at the actual national vet school rankings, aggy is middling like they are at everything. It’s why they fought so hard to keep Tech from starting a vet school. It won’t take much effort to be at least as good as the aggy vet school and just a bit of effort to pass them.

Oh wow. UC Davis is #1. I didn't know that.

Since they can’t buy him out, and can’t save face if they don’t win, they will just continue to double down on him by spending even more money. Post above is correct. They will buy the hot coordinator for an unprecedented contract.  Think (normal) head coach money. $5M per.  They will also ratchet up the bag game and “NIL” to overcome his inability to attract a decent QB.  You can’t win without a good QB and his evaluations and development have been shit.  So just buy a proven guy.  Look for a winning QB to portal to them out of nowhere this off-season.  What they have on the roster is years away or junk. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Assuming he wouldn't earn any of the following bonuses (and the un-likelyhood based on laughing faces): 

$100,000 SEC Championship/$200,000 Winning SEC Championship 🤣🤣🤣

$300,000 for appearing in the CFP/$500,000 appearing in title game/$1,000,000 winning national title game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

$50,000 SEC Coach of the year/$100,000 national coach of the year🤣🤣

Right around $89,700,000 if fired this week. Looks like they have to pay 25% within 60 days and the rest starting 120 days after that in annual installments through 2031. 

Pretty sure if that buyout rumor is true, the "businessmen" ran out of fingers and toes to count on and have no idea what they are getting into, since no way they paying this:

image.png.ef4d9d99672f6cf9881536ec6ac24a19.png

If this is accurate, I am astounded.  They pay him basically nothing for getting to or wining a conference or national championship.  Make 10 mil a year but, whoa Nelly, you get an extra 100k if you get to the conference championship?  Taxes, the cost to fly in his girlfriend and kid, put thwm up at a hotel, by the time the dust settles Jimbo might be better off not going to the conference championship and instead just sitting in his garage drinking beer and reading surly.

Why not pay him $100k each year and give him a 6 million dollar bonus for making the conf champs and another 10 million for each national championship?  Hmmm, I wonder why they didn’t paper that up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CoTex said:

If this is accurate, I am astounded.  They pay him basically nothing for getting to or wining a conference or national championship.  Make 10 mil a year but, whoa Nelly, you get an extra 100k if you get to the conference championship?  Taxes, the cost to fly in his girlfriend and kid, put thwm up at a hotel, by the time the dust settles Jimbo might be better off not going to the conference championship and instead just sitting in his garage drinking beer and reading surly.

Why not pay him $100k each year and give him a 6 million dollar bonus for making the conf champs and another 10 million for each national championship?  Hmmm, I wonder why they didn’t paper that up?

Because they are aggies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think the "fired for cause" angle is their only out.  They most likely have the dirt from THE BEST 'CRUITIN' CLASS EVAR already.

If they gin up some reason to fire him for cause and not pay him every single dime, Jimbo seems like the type to burn the place to the ground on his way out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

36 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They will also ratchet up the bag game and “NIL” to overcome his inability to attract a decent QB.  You can’t win without a good QB and his evaluations and development have been shit.  

The funny thing here is that over the summer they convinced themselves that Arch Manning (1) is overrated and(2) didn't consider Aggy because Jimbo didn't show interest (and he is the QB whisperer).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Can't wait for them to money whip a hotshot play caller, sure he'll work great with Jimbo. Definitely won't be an oil and water type of deal. 

Heard Looch say that they will give the best OC a blank check, and Jimbo will have to step back for the greater good. Lmao okay dude. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Deej said:

If they gin up some reason to fire him for cause and not pay him every single dime, Jimbo seems like the type to burn the place to the ground on his way out.

I'm pretty sure there's enough dirt in the last recruiting cycle that will allow them to avoid ginning anything up.

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Heard Looch say that they will give the best OC a blank check, and Jimbo will have to step back for the greater good. Lmao okay dude. 

Yeah, I remember when Texas supposedly gave John Mackovic a “blank check” to hire a badass defensive coordinator, and he ended up promoting Bobby Jack Wright to the job.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Yeah, he seems like a vindictive little shit.

Yes.

Am 100% convinced Jimbo is trying to pull a Costanza and get fired. He looks absolutely miserable and everyone hates him. Wildly amusing to see a coach who hates his fanbase and fanbase hates him. This is great theater! Even Lucci going anti-Jimbo.

He will burn it down on the way out.

Lawyers on both sides are looking for their quickest/most $$ (Jimbo) - least $$ (aggy) way out.

It is aggy and will end in the most aggy way possible.

Rinse. Repeat. It's good for your hair but don't drink it. Give new coach trophy  - 20__ Champions - just fill in the blanks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure there's enough dirt in the last recruiting cycle that will allow them to avoid ginning anything up.

And Jimbo will be more than happy to call out the guys behind it. 

“I had a real issue with what they were doing, I tell you what.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Yep - over $7 million for just this year. Throw in a couple extra years they probably guaranteed and they are over 1/10th of a BILLION $ to get rid of these clowns. Astounding! But hey, not every coaching staff can be 23.5 point underdogs this week. You gotta pay to get that kind of quality. 🤣

That's about the same as we were. I wonder if the Aggies will be leading with ten seconds left in the game?

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

Can't wait for them to money whip a hotshot play caller, sure he'll work great with Jimbo. Definitely won't be an oil and water type of deal. 

It would be completely on brand for aggy to go after TCU’s OC while bragging about how much they had to,pay to get him.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I love how Texas was cesspool and racist because we wanted to fire Charlie strong who was a .500 coach, meanwhile firing 8 or 9 win jimbo for 95 million is totally the right move.  

????

Have they done that and who has called it "totally the right move?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

Throwing good money after bad. Their notion that a play caller fixes this is idiotic. What play is there to call when your offense reeks outside of a few exceptional players? What's the best aspect of their offense? There isn't one. 

They need an OC who knows how to make this system work or who can install a system that does work. There is no magical series of play calls that turns them into a competent offense let alone a juggernaut. 

They do, however, have a great many DL. Scads. For the moment anyway.

It's a shitshow.

Edited by RomaVicta
Changed "the notion" to "their notion." To everyone around here, my point is obvious.

Because, gentlemen’s agreement stupid sip!!!1!
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, there's that issue with their defense.  Not sure a "dynamic playcaller" is gonna fix that side of the ball.

their defense is stout and the last bagged class is going to make them stout within aggy/secX3 context

boomhauer surrendering on "his" offense?   what leverage does talkiebird have?   does cucking constitute firing for cause?

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

????

Have they done that and who has called it "totally the right move?"

Uhhh like this entire site thinks jimbo sucks.  Half of Texags wants him gone .  There’s a handful of large discussions on Reddit about it.  Apparently the aggy boosters have the money lined up.  

Uhhh like this entire site thinks jimbo sucks.  Half of Texags wants him gone .  There’s a handful of large discussions on Reddit about it.  Apparently the aggy boosters have the money lined up.  

So they’ve line up well over $100 mil to fire jimbo and his staff, not to mention hire new staff?

That seems like wishful thinking.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Paulie ears is just stirring up shit to mess with aggy.  I hope his comments start to affect their recruiting and bag money men.  Does Sharp have 100 million in hidden Harvey relief funds?  I did not know there were any Jett Rinks left who could piss away 100 million to a hillbilly as a parting gift.  

Edited by lemonandaturd