• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 hours ago, ousux said:

"dream job at WV"...Jimbo isn't exactly 35, he never has to lift another finger the rest of his life thanks to aggy. He could start his new career of doing fuck all today if he wanted, won't affect his money in any way shape or formemoji23.png

Yeah. My dream job is getting $90 million to do nothing the rest of my life. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

http://old.reddit.com/r/aggies/comments/xu35so/i_think_we_as_aggies_need_to_talk_about_how_toxic/

was hoping it would autoembed.

this is specifically about text on the politics subforum.

image.png.caacac03a6919a333040a8820932e40d.png-

-

image.png.0a1ad81001d93b0f902273fd5dc6dbeb.png

-

image.png.d61aebd0f59a20ddac2492ef0b380821.png

-

image.png.025e184de5d475218e905c9b07b2d8ca.png

this is my shocked face that that ponzischeme guy (who posts a lot on cfb subreddit) is a "ignore it if you don't agree with it" person.

-

"everyone has this"

image.png.e7a49a8520bfb8b38b55e4c8ee991b55.png

Many advertisers have dropped TexAgs or at least their politics board. When national companies do happen to show up, my understanding is that screenprints of the politics forum make their way to the advertiser and they soon disappear.

Advertiser pushback did ultimately lead to TexAgs' Q thread being dropped.

EDIT: I don't have inside info but this was posted on TexAgs and soon deleted.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

Those idiots were negotiating against themselves when they hired that con man with that ridiculouscontract...FSU was about to fire him after he ran that place into an iceberg. He had basically quit already, had stopped recruiting etc when aggy came calling. FSU finally has a chance to finish above .500 since he left . Then aggy gave jimbo a raise and an extension after a tiny little bit of success. There's no doubt aggy will fuck up the exit of jimbo and the subsequent hire.  They're aggy, it's what they do 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

They should offer Pete Carroll a 5yr 1.2 billion dollar contract. Then they can have the only active coach to win a National Championship and a Super Bowl. Maybe that's the missing piece.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 great things TAMU could have done with their money instead of hiring Jimbo"

1. Annual Expenditures for Palau ($99.5 million)

The Republic of Palau is located in the Pacific Ocean and has a population of about 21,000. Primary industries include tourism, craft items, construction, and garment making. For 2008, which is the latest year when figures are available, its expenditures were $99.5 million against revenues of $115 million, which netted a surplus. (This is according to the CIA World Factbook.) Maybe Palau can send some of its budget experts to the U.S. government for consultation.

2. "Portrait de L’Artiste Sans Barbe" ("Portrait of the Artist without Beard") by Vincent Van Gogh: ($98.5 million)

Though originally auctioned off for $71.5 million in 1998 by Christie’s, New York, this 1889 impressionist painting is estimated to have an adjusted 2011 price tag of $98.5 million. It is considered the most expensive of the artist’s recently auctioned paintings.

3. 13 Miles of Interstate Highway ($100 million)

A four-lane divided urban interstate runs about $7.5 million per mile, according to the Florida Department of Transportation. This includes a closed 22-foot median with barrier walls and 10-foot shoulders inside and out. So spending $100 million buys about 13.3 miles of highway.

4. High-Tech Roller Coaster ($105 million)

You won’t need a lot of space if you build a 3-D simulator ride like the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Though your coaster car bucks and rolls, the scenery around you also moves, putting you in the middle of the action, without needing long tracks or tall loops. And if you tire of the current offering, you can always reprogram your ride to something new.

5. 28 Commercial Wind Turbines ($98 million)

If you’ve ever wanted to live off the grid, then a commercial wind turbine can supply 2.5 megawatts of power at $3.5 million each, according to Windustry. Using 28 of them can produce enough energy to power between 16,000 to 21,000 homes cleanly for about a year. This will make you popular in your neighborhood.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Who here would live in College Station for $10 million/year?

I'd probably prefer to live in Snook and commute to work.

Fify (for the basketball)

26 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Hiring a 71 year old to build your program is a great idea too. 

Yeah, too young.

• Haha 7

32 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The idea of Pete Carroll relocating from Seattle to College Station makes me giggle.

His last five cities in order New York City, San Francisco, Boston, LA, and Seattle. That man could not locate College Station on a map if you spotted him a 100 mile radius

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

Although extremely unlikely, I think it'd be funny as shit if Jimbo went to WV and won an NC, or at least took them to the playoffs. Aggy would lose their shit.

I was thinking the same thing. If he won a title at WV that didn't involve beating us, it would be so glorious. Hell, I don't hate WV. I could get behind them in a magical year.

Watching Aggies rationalize the event would be delicious as well.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Litig8r said:

5 great things TAMU could have done with their money instead of hiring Jimbo"

1. Annual Expenditures for Palau ($99.5 million)

The Republic of Palau is located in the Pacific Ocean and has a population of about 21,000. Primary industries include tourism, craft items, construction, and garment making. For 2008, which is the latest year when figures are available, its expenditures were $99.5 million against revenues of $115 million, which netted a surplus. (This is according to the CIA World Factbook.) Maybe Palau can send some of its budget experts to the U.S. government for consultation.

2. "Portrait de L’Artiste Sans Barbe" ("Portrait of the Artist without Beard") by Vincent Van Gogh: ($98.5 million)

Though originally auctioned off for $71.5 million in 1998 by Christie’s, New York, this 1889 impressionist painting is estimated to have an adjusted 2011 price tag of $98.5 million. It is considered the most expensive of the artist’s recently auctioned paintings.

3. 13 Miles of Interstate Highway ($100 million)

A four-lane divided urban interstate runs about $7.5 million per mile, according to the Florida Department of Transportation. This includes a closed 22-foot median with barrier walls and 10-foot shoulders inside and out. So spending $100 million buys about 13.3 miles of highway.

4. High-Tech Roller Coaster ($105 million)

You won’t need a lot of space if you build a 3-D simulator ride like the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Though your coaster car bucks and rolls, the scenery around you also moves, putting you in the middle of the action, without needing long tracks or tall loops. And if you tire of the current offering, you can always reprogram your ride to something new.

5. 28 Commercial Wind Turbines ($98 million)

If you’ve ever wanted to live off the grid, then a commercial wind turbine can supply 2.5 megawatts of power at $3.5 million each, according to Windustry. Using 28 of them can produce enough energy to power between 16,000 to 21,000 homes cleanly for about a year. This will make you popular in your neighborhood.

Turbines would be most effective with the volume of hot air flowing through the Brazos Valley.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

These jokes are not even at the level of "bad Dad jokes."  They're just not funny if not embarrassing. On top of it, these guys' delivery wouldn't make the stage on an open mic night at a 3rd rate comedy club. 

And maybe its a tradition but its sad to reuse jokes that others make about your college. 

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yes they will.  

A) ADs are typically idiots.  They hire retreads all the time.  Hello, Mack Brown got a new job after he basically quiet quit at Texas, refused to attend the meeting to fire him and then told committed recruits to look around.  

B) Fisher still is the guy with a 120-39 record and a national title.

C) WV would LOVE to steal an SEC coach in some weird attempt to give the new Big 12 some kind of "credibility" and they could probably get him for a steal considering he'd be owed a bajillion dollars by aggy.  

However, Jimbo is only in year 5.  He bailed after year 8 from FSU, so I expect him to fleece these rubes for a few more years before he jumps somewhere else .

Jimbo made $156,250 ($625,000/mo) this week…..$156K…in one week….seriously, I can’t fantom that, and he goes home to sleep.  

That’s obscene….if I’m aggy, I’d be so pissed!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

These jokes are not even at the level of "bad Dad jokes."  They're just not funny if not embarrassing. On top of it, these guys' delivery wouldn't make the stage on an open mic night at a 3rd rate comedy club. 

The delivery, which is clearly taught (and apparently revered), is appalling.  What a bizarre, sing-song approach to a "joke", and they all do it.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What makes it worse is that the entire nation of sports media and fans made fun of this awkwardly embarrassing and unfunny midnight yell "roasting" after the loss to Appalachian State.  It got so bad that aggy went to great efforts to scrub postings of that buffonery from the internet. 

Did aggy learn anything from that?  Fuck no, and they did it again the night before playing a coach who has a nice career of making aggy his bitch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1