Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

37 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

NSIAP

Comment section (probably)- Dag nabbit Roland, you had me going there for a second.  I thought Jimbo said something bad about the 12th man and I was gonna have to give him a piece of my mind ...then come to find out he actually called us family...well that was quite a turn for the better...gig em! Whoop!

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I honestly think the greatest thing to help perpetuate the roller coaster was Johnny Football's Heisman Trophy.  It fueled the SEC fire among the fanbase, along with an 11-2 record, and victories over #1 'bama and #10 Oklahoma.

And then they didn't really go any farther, losing 4 games or more over 8 of the next 9 seasons.

It's so beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Quintessential aggy. IQ of about 78 and determined to prove it to the world.  Make sure you mash that subscribe button, or you might miss out on his next pearls of wisdom. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwff0YPyPAigzLpNvhvgVAA/videos

Unfortunately, his pearls lack comments... ahem... 

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Quintessential aggy. IQ of about 78 and determined to prove it to the world.  Make sure you mash that subscribe button, or you might miss out on his next pearls of wisdom. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwff0YPyPAigzLpNvhvgVAA/videos

Be careful. His 45 followers will unleash aggy fury on you.

Edited by Crapinon

ESPN had an interesting piece on their front page today digging into Jimbo and asking if his offense is too complex. Funny that A&M is getting some not-great PR on the national level.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34726883/the-state-texas-football-big-money-coach-struggling-offense-plenty-questions

Edited by MeerkatBong

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I honestly think the greatest thing to help perpetuate the roller coaster was Johnny Football's Heisman Trophy.  It fueled the SEC fire among the fanbase, along with an 11-2 record, and victories over #1 'bama and #10 Oklahoma.

And then they didn't really go any farther, losing 4 games or more over 8 of the next 9 seasons.

It's so beautiful.

Johnny caused them to go on a massive spending spree throwing good money after bad. Meanwhile he’s playing fan controlled football.

I didn't come to college to fill some hole in my being that could only be filled by a sense of family with strangers. I don't need the warm hug of a cult to give me an identity.

I feel a kinship with other Longhorns because of shared experience and choices. I don't feel obliged to embrace someone just because they're a Longhorn. 

Keep your fucking family, Aggies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

It's so beautiful.

Agreed. The other thing I love about it is that the only relevant player they’ve had is a complete shitbag.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Plenty of legit shit to rag on aggy about but Dat was a pretty bad ass college LB and spent a handful of years with the Cowboys. Dat's OK in my book.

Agree, I liked and respected Dat and would have been happy to have him on our defense.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Plenty of legit shit to rag on aggy about but Dat was a pretty bad ass college LB and spent a handful of years with the Cowboys. Dat's OK in my book.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Agree, I liked and respected Dat and would have been happy to have him on our defense.  

Yep.  Dat was a helluva player and a good dude.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Yes. Also pretty good at getting worn the fuck out by Ricky Williams.

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

Truth.  But that was their entire defense, not just Dat.

Right.  He was hardly the only one that got worn out by Ricky Williams.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

Jimbo's buyout will remain above $50 million until after 2027. That's just too awesome. It will be like a broken marriage maintained until the youngest kid turns 18. Misery. 

Something tells me they will try to get rid of him the year TX/OU go to SEC play if he continues down this road.  

FeREojQWQAARe5M?format=png&name=medium

Edited by markstanco

4 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

ESPN had an interesting piece on their front page today digging into Jimbo and asking if his offense is too complex. Funny that A&M is getting some not-great PR on the national level.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34726883/the-state-texas-football-big-money-coach-struggling-offense-plenty-questions

Its kinda like some guys with a lot of money want to humiliate Jimbo. 

If they cant get him on an ethics violation, theyll try other means to make him quit. 

And god, i hope they crater the program to. 

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Something tells me they will try to get rid of him the year TX/OU go to SEC play if he continues down this road.  

FeREojQWQAARe5M?format=png&name=medium

The earliest they could consider buying him out is '28 at $30mm. They're going to be throwing $10mm/year at Jimbo's replacement given market trends and the aggy turdition of overpaying for coaches. Add another $10mm for a staff plus  and those aggy big cigars are gonna be on the hoof for some serious coin.

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I didn't know that the yell leaders not speaking formed a chorus line for the monologuist. It's a pretty fruity little dance number they have going there. I hope they do loudly stand up for this precious supposedly 100 year old tradition. They should never stop it. The world needs cringe fests.

It will make it even more ironic when they insist that we are national laughing stock just for being as shitty as they make a practice of being.

But then, I'm just a random on the internet, Brad. Brad, perhaps I'm an outlier. Maybe I'm one of only a tiny handful of people who look at this video and feel a double surge or ridicule and embarrassment for you, Brad.

39 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

If they cant get him on an ethics violation, theyll try other means to make him quit. 

And god, i hope they crater the program to. 

200.gif

We can surely count on a high level of subtlety and deft touch. I'm sure the Aggie big money boys will pull this off with real aplomb.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I didn't know that the yell leaders not speaking formed a chorus line for the monologuist. It's a pretty fruity little dance number they have going there. I hope they do loudly stand up for this precious supposedly 100 year old tradition. They should never stop it. The world needs cringe fests.

It will make it even more ironic when they insist that we are national laughing stock just for being as shitty as they make a practice of being.

But then, I'm just a random on the internet, Brad. Brad, perhaps I'm an outlier. Maybe I'm one of only a tiny handful of people who look at this video and feel a double surge or ridicule and embarrassment for you, Brad.

I'm surprised the LGBTQ+ community is not demanding an immediate stop to Midnight Yell for being a bad reflection on them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

I'm really not sure there's an amount of "embarrassing press" that would make me walk away from $90M guaranteed.

Hell, the guy was walking around Tallahassee with everyone knowing he was a cuck.

I imagine he'll continue sleeping just fine on his bed made of aggy money regardless of what smear campaigns those clever ags dream up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm really not sure there's an amount of "embarrassing press" that would make me walk away from $90M guaranteed.

Hell, the guy was walking around Tallahassee with everyone knowing he was a cuck.

I imagine he'll continue sleeping just fine on his bed made of aggy money regardless of what smear campaigns those clever ags dream up.

I'd claim I was NowThis for $90 million.

Or even worse, claim I was Rocko.

"Don't care, got paid."

Edited by Deej
  • Like 2