• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

One of my brothers works for one of the major US banks. He said that yesterday at lunch an aggy donor (he said “decent donor”) said Dumbo is gone and that they are targeting Dabo. L oh fucking L.

That is partially incorrect.  They are not going to fire Jimbo.  They will merely bring in Dabo to be the OC/HCIW at a salary of $15M/year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

That is partially incorrect.  They are not going to fire Jimbo.  They will merely bring in Dabo to be the OC/HCIW at a salary of $15M/year.

You are leaving important details out. Dabo will hire Johnny Foosball as his analyst/OC in waiting. Rick Perry will be the new AD and Looch will be his official corn dog handler.

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

https://statesman-tx.newsmemory.com/?publink=15ab8ca44_1348685

UT ranks as No. 1 Texas university in 2023 U.S. News rankings 

The University of Texas maintained its ranking as the No. 1 university in Texas in the 2023 ranking of the top global universities by U.S. News & World Report.

U.S. News ranked 2,000 higher education institutions in 95 countries in its annual ranking on Tuesday. The ranking is based on 13 indicators that largely measure a school’s academic research and reputation over its undergraduate or graduate programs.

In the new rankings, UT ranked as the No. 23 university in the U.S. and No. 43 in the world — the same worldwide ranking it received on last year’s list of more than 1,700 universities in 90 countries.

'The Best Global Universities rankings offer prospective students a valuable resource for exploring higher education options outside of their home country,' said Robert Morse, chief data strategist at U.S. News. 'Over the past nine years, these rankings have expanded to include more schools and more subjects, while maintaining a consistent focus on institutions that prioritize academic research.'

UT was once again the only university from Texas to rank in the top 100 schools, although 21 other schools from Texas made it on the list. The other top schools in the state include Southwestern Medical Center-Dallas at No. 133, the Baylor College of Medicine at No. 136, Texas A&M University’s campus in College Station at No. 148 and Rice University at No. 180.

Fifteen subjects at UT ranked in the top 50 worldwide, including arts & humanities at No. 24, materials science at No. 25, mathematics at No. 25 and geosciences at No. 26. Nine additional programs were ranked in the top 100.

Last month, in a separate ranking exclusively of U.S. schools by U.S. News, UT ranked as the 10th-best public university in the nation and No. 38 overall among the nation’s top universities. The national rankings focused more on the undergraduate experience, including graduation rates, undergraduate academic reputation and faculty resources.

There are 281 U.S. schools ranked, with the same three schools taking the top spots from last year. Harvard University was listed at No. 1 overall, Massachusetts Institute of Technology at No. 2 and Stanford University at No. 3.

Am I reading this correctly?  They ranked aTm 52 spots ahead of Rice?  Either something is drastically wrong at Rice, or there is something drastically wrong with this list.

Edited by 83Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

One of my brothers works for one of the major US banks. He said that yesterday at lunch an aggy donor (he said “decent donor”) said Dumbo is gone and that they are targeting Dabo. L oh fucking L.

I dont know the wording on the buyout, but typically these days you are owed half within 30 days.  They would have to come with 40+ million immediately, another 40+ for the next year or two, then the guaranteed money that would be required to money whip Dabo. 

On top of that they will have to come up with buyout money to Clemson, and the buyout of the current staff at aggy.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47l0ki8sty1550zfc5l3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Clemson, SC isn't exactly Shangri-La, but it's a way nicer town than College Station.  If there's any truth to this at all, it's just Dabo pre-negotiating a raise and an extension.

Narrator: "There is no truth to this at all." 🤣

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If I was Dabo, I would absolutely let Aggy hump my leg. Why would you not take $150-$200MM guaranteed?

i think the only place he's leaving Clemson for is Bama. it would be amazing to see him leave Clemson for A&M then leave A&M for Bama though

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Am I reading this correctly?  They ranked aTm 52 spots ahead of Rice?  Either something is drastically wrong at Rice, or there is something drastically wrong with this list.

The global ranking puts a premium on the # published papers, how many times they are cited, and global reputation. Rice's size is probably the reason they don't rank well in that case. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The global ranking puts a premium on the # published papers, how many times they are cited, and global reputation. Rice's size is probably the reason they don't rank well in that case. 

I wish we would do whatever we need to do to juke the stats just enough to be above Florida.
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I would have said the same thing about Jimbo’s contract, but a fool and his money…

They haven't paid it out yet. If there is one consistent aggy turdition, it's to lie, cheat, and steal enough to be able to brag about completely meaningless "achievements."

"We're payin Jimbo more'n any udder coach in histry! What a deal, we're the pree-meer SEC school in Texas! We run this state, birch!"

spacer.png

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A&M is apparently considering changing its intro song from Kanye West's "Power" to something else.  What should it be?

I liked the earlier suggestion of "Because I got High"  but I think "Money for Nothing"  by Dire Straits is a better choice.

The intro to  'Sound of Silence' would be fitting.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

How about now???

Texas A&M Approves Alcohol Sales at Kyle Field

https://www.thebatt.com/sports/alcohol-sales-open-in-kyle-field-but-not-near-student-sections/article_041e849c-c778-11e9-8716-fb6312bb4db9.html#:~:text=On June 13%2C A%26M was,in compliance with SEC rules.

Of course that fucking clown left out the fact that SEC rules didn't permit alcohol sales at the time 

The SEC lifted an alcohol ban in public areas of stadiums at the annual Spring Meetings in Destin, Florida on May 31. On June 13, A&M was the first conference member to announce the sale of beer and wine in its stadium, beginning this fall. All sales will be at stationary stands and no more than two alcoholic beverages can be purchased at once. Sales will conclude at the end of the

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A&M is apparently considering changing its intro song from Kanye West's "Power" to something else.  What should it be?

I liked the earlier suggestion of "Because I got High"  but I think "Money for Nothing"  by Dire Straits is a better choice.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, NaTeWHO said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how you settled on 82.

2100-2020 = 80 but we're 2 years past 2020 = 82

I'm not saying it's right, but that's a common path of mental math mistakes. 

The fact that 2023-2099 is 77 seasons, not 78, is a separate issue. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha 3