• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

49 minutes ago, NoName said:

just starting from such a low bar. they are so bad across the board right now and it isn't like they have a ton of talent. 0 5*, 3 4* and 74 3* per 247 talent composite. haven't had back to back winning seasons in almost 20 yars (04-05), 1 top 25 in last 20 years and they have to play in the p12 every year. in what is also shocking they have finished in the bottom half of the p12 in recruiting rankings every year since they joined the conf.

no clear QB (2 young guys at QB at least?)

their rushing situation is kind of crazy. exact opposite of A&M - they have RBs with 46, 35, 38, 20, 29 rushing attempts. same at WR - 19, 12, 15, 12, 11 catches.

it's a tough job. if he can get to 5-6 wins consistently it's a huge jump.

Are you telling me the cake is NOT baked in Boulder?

• Haha 3

Billy was on at noon with Dusty and Danny on Mad Dog Sports.  

Few notes:  Billy said the weed happened after the game, not before.  Something something about how the locker room is laid out where coaches are far away from the players (still a dumb excuse).

On the donors getting money together to get rid of him:  He said when Sumlin was ousted he was owed 24 or 25 million and they negotiated that down because it was a lot of money so paying the current is a no-go. 

On hiring an OC: Billy was all in on some young guy coming in but also said that Jimbo holds the cards and can do what he wants. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

You need to apologize to all the soup sammiches of the world.

Can do.  Right now, I'm considering password changes on the money accounts.  I'm certain my aggy wife would contribute to the buy out if asked.  I may put her on suicide watch.  Turns out our couch is quite comfy but needs to be about 3-4 inches longer.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Can do.  Right now, I'm considering password changes on the money accounts.  I'm certain my aggy wife would contribute to the buy out if asked.  I may put her on suicide watch.  Turns out our couch is quite comfy but needs to be about 3-4 inches longer.

In my first marriage my wife was aggy.  It's tough to make mixed marriages work.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Billy was on at noon with Dusty and Danny on Mad Dog Sports.  

Few notes:  Billy said the weed happened after the game, not before.  Something something about how the locker room is laid out where coaches are far away from the players (still a dumb excuse).

On the donors getting money together to get rid of him:  He said when Sumlin was ousted he was owed 24 or 25 million and they negotiated that down because it was a lot of money so paying the current is a no-go. 

On hiring an OC: Billy was all in on some young guy coming in but also said that Jimbo holds the cards and can do what he wants. 

For those thinking they will try to get him fired for cause, a&m fans went on and on about how they had all the dirt on Sumlin & could easily fire him for cause without causing too much blowback on the program. They either didn't have the dirt, or decided it was in their best interest to not pursue that path. The guy that they deified from the beginning & have been propping up as the savior of a&m isn't going to get treated worse than Sumlin.

Also, they owed Sumlin 10 million not 20+ million when he was fired so they didn't negotiate it down. They may have negotiated the 60 day money guarantee part, but Sumlin got his money. What's really funny is they guaranteed Sumlin's contract as well so when he was hired by AZ his buyout wasn't impacted by what AZ was paying him. a&m really knows how to screw up a contract negotiation don't they?

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, hook me said:

For those thinking they will try to get him fired for cause, a&m fans went on and on about how they had all the dirt on Sumlin & could easily fire him for cause without causing too much blowback on the program. They either didn't have the dirt, or decided it was in their best interest to not pursue that path.

It's a sign of a strong, healthy organization when you discuss digging up dirt on someone you employ so that you can fire them for cause and save some money.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, hook me said:

For those thinking they will try to get him fired for cause, a&m fans went on and on about how they had all the dirt on Sumlin & could easily fire him for cause without causing too much blowback on the program. They either didn't have the dirt, or decided it was in their best interest to not pursue that path. The guy that they deified from the beginning & have been propping up as the savior of a&m isn't going to get treated worse than Sumlin.

Based on about a 100 year track record I'll just assume that whatever an aggy claimed is bullshit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Left off:

"At least we weren't ran [sic] out of the stadium."

<grammar police> 

If you are from West Virginia or collie station, the correct term would be "ranned" or "runded".

As the rest of the educated world and anyone with greater than a 1st grade education already knows - "run".

</grammar police>

You need a hillbilly translator to understand that hick! And even the hillbillies can't understand him since he can't even hillbilly right!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hook me said:

For those thinking they will try to get him fired for cause, a&m fans went on and on about how they had all the dirt on Sumlin & could easily fire him for cause without causing too much blowback on the program

Someone finally got through to them that being black wasn't cause.

• Haha 2

I'm mostly impressed by the number of Texum Aggie fans who are close to the "big money donors".  Apparently, it's an incredibly tight-knit community.  I mean, I probably couldn't get an associate prof in UT's geography department to answer an email, but these folks all have direct lines to C-level execs at Valero.  Sure wish I had picked a different school.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4