• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Oh I know they usually do but aggy gonna aggy. 

Screenshot_20221106_150514.thumb.jpg.06d8ff35782e18472b89c065d3eef4da.jpg

Only aggy would corner themselves into a contract they can't get out of with  a coach that hadn't produced shit on the field.

I never understood the aggy knob slob from the beginning. There have been several coaches who've managed to win it all.  A few have done it more than once, a very select few have managed to do it with multiple teams. But the odds are more likely to see a coach being a one and done, than pulling multiple titles with different schools.  Hell, there's probably better odds for a coach to be on the hot seat in a few years over repeating. 

Jimbo Fisher.  1 National Championship. 1 Playoff appearance as the 3rd seed, in spite of being the only undefeated team in college and the defending Champions. FSU never looked dominant, instead the season had multiple games in which FSU found themselves in survival mode against teams they should've blown out.  They lost the playoff to Oregon 59 to 20, who went on to lose to OSU 42-20 in the Championship.

Jimbo Fisher at FSU.  

2010.  10-4  (6-2)

2011.  9-4  (5-3)

2012. 12-4  (7-1) AAC Title.

2013. 14-0  (8-0) ACC title and a National Championship   

2014. 13-1 (8-0) ACC title and a 3rd seed Playoff spot / blow out loss Oregon 20-59

2015. 10-3 (6-2)

2016. 10-3 (5-3)

2017. 5-6  (3-5)  

Jimbo Fisher at aggy.  

2018.  9-4  (5-3)

2019.  8-5  (4-4)

**2020**.  9-1  (8-1) 

2021.  8-4  (4-4)

2022.  3-6  (1-5) so far.

**2020 COVID year games**

Win vs. Vandy (0-9)

Loss vs. Alabama (10-0 / 13-0)

Win vs. Florida (8-2 / 8-4)

Win vs. Miss St (3-7 / 4-7)

Win vs. Arkansas (3-7)

Win vs. S. Carolina (2-7)

Win vs. LSU (5-5)

Win vs. Auburn (6-4 / 6-5)

Win vs Tenn. (3-7)

Aggy best year vs the SEC under Jimbo consisted of a win against a mediocre 8-4 Florida team, a win against an unconscious 6-5 Auburn, a win against a comatose LSU, and 5 wins against teams that were DOA at the stadium.   

Only aggy would see the logic in a contract for going 5-3, 4-4, then 8-1 during a season where COVID decimated teams and obviously has most of the conference mates playing well below their typical average. 8-1, no matter the circumstances, automatically meant 1 loss and undefeated seasons from then on...

Only aggy would see the benefit of a contract that scrubbed down basically reads that aggy is tied to Jimbo for a long time and/or a lot of money, no matter how much he sucks.  But Jimbo is not tied to aggy, (outside of nowhere to go, and another decade worth of riding the 9 million dollar gravy train.  

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If aggy starts charging $100 per beer at games, they can buy out Jimbo in…..oh…..anout 12 years.

Before the buyout is down to where aggy can afford it, Jimbo will luck into a 10-2 type of season with an almost SEC title appearance, and get a 15 year extension. Never underestimate aggy to aggy shit up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s always been my take and was upthread as well. Plenty of 20M buyouts have been done. At that point in time it’s just an extra 9M a year out of a 200M budget. That’s not awesome or ideal but it doesn’t seem as big a deal as it’s been presented on here and elsewhere. 

Ironically they will get that bump when we join and they do their new tv deal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

Washington fired Jimmy Lake during the season, in only his second year, the proximate cause being his going Woody Hayes/Frank Kush on a player on the sideline during a game. Certainly that was grounds for firing with cause (turned out there were other reasons as well). The UW AD still decided to negotiate a buyout rather than get into that entire mess, which probably made more sense in the long run - cut the ties ASAP and both sides move on.

On the other hand, Texas A&M.

I'm pretty sure that Jimmy Lake got his full buyout of $9.9m (like 275k / month for 3 years) - which does have offsets.

36 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Tanner Mordecai (that's a name i've not heard in a long time) threw for 9 TDs in the game vs Houston. Clayton Tune threw for 7. Combined they threw for 16 passing TDs last night.

through 9 games Texas A&M has 14 total passing TDs.

Texas A&M passes it at the 16th highest rate (by percentage) in CFB. #10 among P5 programs. this means despite having one of the best RBs in the country, their rushing % is #116/131 in the country.

• Haha 3

It's not really about the dollars per year as the main obstacle. It's having to admit they fucked up, that's why they'll never do it.
Talking heads and articles making fun of them for months/years is a far bigger concern than not winning football games. 

They need to stay away from Reddit then.

Might need someone to check in on [mention=633]Randolph Duke[/mention]. He’s been oddly silent this season.
I’d guess similar malady [mention=5267]Wulaw Horn[/mention] would have suffered if his sark performance was based in reality - stuck in a dark room masturbating to aggy tears.
He changed his name to "Jimbo" and decided to take them down from within.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NoName said:

I'm pretty sure that Jimmy Lake got his full buyout of $9.9m (like 275k / month for 3 years) - which does have offsets.

Yep. He's a bit toxic so the offsets may or may not come into play, but he's an indisputably good DBs coach who didn't care to recruit much as a HFC. He'll land somewhere. There were some thoughts/discussions re playing hardball with him, but ultimately the school didn't want that look.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, CoTex said:

I think the answer is they try to figure out how to get someone “super top notch” but on the sale rack.  Yes Briles has baggage but is it the kind of baggage that dq’s him in this situation?  Maybe not.

Truth.  But he may have been out of CFB too long.  Also, he has to be getting pretty close to 70. 

16 minutes ago, flatdawgs said:

Yep. He's a bit toxic so the offsets may or may not come into play, but he's an indisputably good DBs coach who didn't care to recruit much as a HFC. He'll land somewhere. There were some thoughts/discussions re playing hardball with him, but ultimately the school didn't want that look.

It's so interesting that competent administrations think like this. Meanwhile.. In Colleyville.. 

• Like 1

I also love the whole idea of Jimbo hiring a real OC in the offseason - especially since every post-game PC has some version of, "see the plays are there, and king/connor/johnson are getting comfortable.  When we execute everything goes well"  His version of saying no need for a different OC. Players just gotta execute and everything is great.    

What is going to be awesome is that he likely will bring in an OC, will let them do their thing against whatever scrubs they play in the pre-season and look great, then at the first sign of struggle in SEC play, he'll take over and shit runs off the rails again.  Same as it ever was...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

What is going to be awesome is that he likely will bring in an OC, will let them do their thing against whatever scrubs they play in the pre-season and look great, then at the first sign of struggle in SEC play, he'll take over and shit runs off the rails again.  Same as it ever was...

Or they'll start to struggle against one of their preseason scrubs, like, say, Applachian State, and Jimbo seizes control and the thing goes off the rails even sooner!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I also love the whole idea of Jimbo hiring a real OC in the offseason - especially since every post-game PC has some version of, "see the plays are there, and king/connor/johnson are getting comfortable.  When we execute everything goes well"  His version of saying no need for a different OC. Players just gotta execute and everything is great.    

He has the same level of delusional narcissism that Jerry Jones has.  There's no fixing either one of them.  There is no fixing them because neither view themselves as the problem.  

I forget the exact date, but JJ was quoted on the radio as lashing back at a reporter something along the lines of "did you like those 3 SB wins?  Did you?"  He thinks those were from him.  He thinks he can replicate the success that was never his to begin with.

Sucks being a Dallas fan, but loving watching the same thing happen down in BCS.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:
Cross posting here from a screenshot I found on IT
screenshot_20221107-085103_chrome-jpg.257811

Sounds like some players are checking out and not wanting to play so they're extending the "flu" excuse.

Plus didn't a rapper die? There's history there, just bad timing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

I forget the exact date, but JJ was quoted on the radio as lashing back at a reporter something along the lines of "did you like those 3 SB wins?  Did you?"  He thinks those were from him.  He thinks he can replicate the success that was never his to begin with.

Totally forgot about that.  I think it was from a caller on 1310 The Ticket. Maybe 2005ish. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

She looks like she might be hot under all that swag. Maybe she has an only.fans account.

I think that she's attractive and sorta normal looking is what drew my eye for goofing on the photo. She really looks out of place in every aspect except the uniform.

Edit to add: I really don't want to start a tiresome disection of her looks from the aggressively heterosexual. She looks fine. It's all that matters here.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Totally forgot about that.  I think it was from a caller on 1310 The Ticket. Maybe 2005ish. 

the question was when he would hire a GM and stay out of the business of football:

"Did you like those three Super Bowls? ..You know how many people have won 3 Super Bowls in the last 10 years? Did you enjoy those? I hope you did...I hope you did very much. Now let me say 1 other thing to you: the day I step down is the day I don't have the football team"

https://usave.it/player/player.php?plyrid=108