• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

A little research leads to 3 reasons not-so-logical reasons to not wear arm sleeves in cold weather

1. Sleeves don't make as much of a difference in cold weather in that their purpose is to wick away perspiration.

2. They're tough guys who want to intimidate people.

3. Sleeves give opponents something to grab on to.

But, in fact, certain brands are better at keeping arms warm.

Some people just don't want to be really cold in cold weather.

Also found this interesting quote (from 2014 so dated in terms of sleeve techology) which leads me to believe good ole Mo knows all about wearing arm sleeves or not.

"Regardless of the reason, these guys get cold. So they have their own ways of dealing with the extreme weather. They create blends of products they rub on their skin. Here's Ayanbadejo again:

What allowed me to wear so little in cold games was a cocktail Brian Urlacher and Muhsin Muhammad revealed to me. There is a cream called Warm Skin that we would mix with Vaseline and Tiger Balm.

We would mix all these topicals together and rub them into our arms, legs, back … pretty much over our entire body. Make sure you put your jock on before you do this or you will get extremely uncomfortably hot in some of the wrong places.

Some players rub cayenne pepper on their bodies, then put a warming cream over top of that."

My conclusion is this is just more evidence for the pile showing Boomhauer is stuck in the past.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-nfl-players-dont-wear-sleeves-in-cold-games-2014-1?op=1

Edited by Chopper

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Just gonna leave this here:

6F109366-5EB7-42BE-9D5B-70854B86DA5D.thumb.jpeg.97aab7b2e945327bbd7ddd3fae03b773.jpeg

lol no kidding.

• 6 plays, 18 yards (got a first down after punting on 4th and 3)
  • 6 plays, 9 yards (got a first down with a 3 yard run on 3rd and 1)
  • 7 plays, 30 yards (got a 1st down on a 5 yard run by Weigman, then an 18 yard pass to Max Wright)
  • 12 plays, 53 yards (punted from the Auburn 39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 25 yard pass on 3rd and 18, 3 yard run on 2nd and 1, penalty on 3rd and 3 gave them a 1st down)
  • 3 plays, 0 yards
  • 3 plays 0 yards
  • 3 plays, 0 yards
  • 3 plays, -2 yards
  • 3 plays, -14 yards
  • 4 plays, 8 yards (FG)
  • 4 plays, 12 yards (fumble, got a 1st down on a 17 yard pass on 2nd and 5)
  • 7 plays, 80 yards (TD, 1st down on a 17 yard run from Daniels on 3rd & 1, 1st down on an 3rd and 11 38 yard run)

they got a 1st down with 4:26 left in the 2nd quarter. the next 1st down they got was at the 6:46 min mark of the 4th quarter!

using FEI #s, they are 106th in the country in TD rate, 120th in value drive rate (basically is a drive a positive or a negative), 102nd in drive efficiency (scoring value gained/lost per drive), 107th in point per drive, 105th in available yards (drive yards / drive yards available based on field position) but hey they are 79th in yards per play, 85th in bused drive rate and 65th in turnover rate!

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

A little research leads to 3 reasons not-so-logical reasons to not wear arm sleeves in cold weather

1. Sleeves don't make as much of a difference in cold weather in that their purpose is to wick away perspiration.

2. They're tough guys who want to intimidate people.

3. Sleeves give opponents something to grab on to.

But, in fact, certain brands are better at keeping arms warm.

Some people just don't want to be really cold in cold weather.

Also found this interesting quote (from 2014 so dated in terms of sleeve techology) which leads me to believe good ole Mo knows all about wearing arm sleeves or not.

"Regardless of the reason, these guys get cold. So they have their own ways of dealing with the extreme weather. They create blends of products they rub on their skin. Here's Ayanbadejo again:

What allowed me to wear so little in cold games was a cocktail Brian Urlacher and Muhsin Muhammad revealed to me. There is a cream called Warm Skin that we would mix with Vaseline and Tiger Balm.

We would mix all these topicals together and rub them into our arms, legs, back … pretty much over our entire body. Make sure you put your jock on before you do this or you will get extremely uncomfortably hot in some of the wrong places.

Some players rub cayenne pepper on their bodies, then put a warming cream over top of that."

My conclusion is this is just more evidence for the pile showing Boomhauer is stuck in the past.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-nfl-players-dont-wear-sleeves-in-cold-games-2014-1?op=1

I remember a few years ago in a NFL playoff game someone wearing sleeves in the cold and fumbling, blamed it on the sleeves and cut them off.

Bimbo is getting dragged by national sports media. I quit reading any more articles after the 3rd one.

Synopsis of all of them: Jimbo's offense doesn't work, all hat and no cattle (recruiting class), and it will cost around 140 mil to get rid of him and his staff

And that’s just to clean house. The next HC and staff won’t take a dime under 15 million a year.

At some point even the "academics" at A&M would have to go nonlinear over the cost of a staff turnover.

I don't know where that point is, but it's out there.  $140M would pay for a shit ton of Dairy Science professors, not to mention the extra expense of hiring a new team of corching juggernots.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

But, aggy is the best meat-judgers

I am just now realizing this championship aggy always wins is not meat juggling, but meat judging.  For years I had a mental image of these clowns tossing 3 loin chops in the air at once and it always made me laugh.  Now the mental image is of these “athletes” inspecting  a line of cow penises for imperfections.

• Haha 7