• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Nolen could very likely be on the way out, but nobody else seems to have this yet so I’m skeptical this is a real report. 

Not to mention, the portal doesn’t even open until December so while he could have made the decision/fucked off out of CS, he hasn’t entered the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Nolen could very likely be on the way out, but nobody else seems to have this yet so I’m skeptical this is a real report. 

Not to mention, the portal doesn’t even open until December so while he could have made the decision/fucked off out of CS, he hasn’t entered the portal. 

Sttoopid sip, done yew no the early aggy gets the sheep?

Yea some rando with 4K followers. As of 6:50p nothing showing up on a few Google searches.

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

2 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Impressive, considering the portal doesn't open to new entrants until Dec 5

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yea some rando with 4K followers. As of 6:50p nothing showing up on a few Google searches.

something-something- welcome to Elon's new Twitter 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Why was what?

Our team rolled into town to a bunch of rude aggie fans with signs lining the road. The aggie Hilton allowed piece of shit aggie fans to call our players throughout the night on their room phones despite being told to not allow any calls through. They also deliberately did not serve our team breakfast, causing players to have to either eat fast food breakfast or cereal. From that point on, Mack was much less kind to aggies.

** and it was some "resort" on Lake Conroe, not Conroe proper.

Plus some aggy gave Major Applewhite food poisoning, as he was a late scratch that morning. They pulled out every trick in the book to claw to a 4 point win that day. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Plus some aggy gave Major Applewhite food poisoning, as he was a late scratch that morning. They pulled out every trick in the book to claw to a 4 point win that day. 

It didn't help that Brown had our players out of the locker room early to sit and watch the memorial service for the Bonfire victims.

I’ll always believe Mack was ok with them winning. Obviously, I couldn’t prove it, but he’s the kind of bitch to be more worried about the optics of beating them after that.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Dewey said:

Mack's first encounter with College Station, after that the team stayed in Conroe and bussed in on game day. 

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

Why was that?  Looking on google, its 1:24 from Conroe to BCS, and 2 hours from Austin to BCS.  

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

???

Conroe is about 40 miles and a half hour closer.

Regardless, I assume it was because Mack wanted the team away from Austin.

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Why was what?

Our team rolled into town to a bunch of rude aggie fans with signs lining the road. The aggie Hilton allowed piece of shit aggie fans to call our players throughout the night on their room phones despite being told to not allow any calls through. They also deliberately did not serve our team breakfast, causing players to have to either eat fast food breakfast or cereal. From that point on, Mack was much less kind to aggies.

** and it was some "resort" on Lake Conroe, not Conroe proper.

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

What was the backstory to this? I vaguely remember it. Did he pin it down to one person or what?

going back OLD SCHOOL in this response....

https://www.hornfans.com/threads/the-ramada-war-hymn-or-ode-to-dinesh-patel.63/

pasting in whole below so you dont have to get old school message board cooties.

Hullalaboo Dinesh Dinesh
Hullalaboo Dinesh DineshHello, is this the room of Ap-ple-white?
Please do not think that you will sleep to-night
I got your number off the In-ter-net
I have a feeling your stomach is up-setSo good luck to back up QB Chris Simms
How do want your cereal in the morn? (with no milk!)
And goodnight to all you Texas Longhorns
We're gonna call you all till--Ring-a-ring-a-ring
Ring-a-ring-a-room
Tough Luck, This Sucks, Smoke a Bowl with Toombs!

Hullalaboo Dinesh Dinesh
Hullalaboo Dinesh Dinesh

Hello, is this the room of Coach Mack Brown?
I bet you're dreaming about Ran-dy-Mc-Cown
I hope you enjoyed your stay at Ramada Inn
And here's hoping that you come a-gain

The Eyes of Texas must not get their rest
so that the Horns will not play well (play like Hell!)
So, goodnight to all you Texas Longhorns
We're gonna call you all till--Ring-a-ring-a-ring
Ring-a-ring-again
Rough Stuff, Real Tough, We're Ramada Inn!Call all the Longhorns
Call all the Longhorns
Call all the Longhorns
YAWN! Ay!The Longhorns are not sleeping
The Longhorns are not sleeping
The Longhorns are not sleeping
YAWN! Ayyyyyy!------------------
Hook'em!
[This message has been edited by Major MacKwame (edited 12-01-1999).]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Horn21 said:

As a lifetime Longhorn, this was one of the worst visiting fan experiences I’ve ever had since attending games in the late 80s as a kid.

Aggies were some grade A assholes that day, don’t anyone misremember it otherwise.

They generally are. They have been at every game I’ve been to at Pyle and they always were when they came to Austin.