• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

GA could absolutely lose to LSU. Michigan should mudhole Purdue, but they’re coming off of a rivalry game and, for goodness sake, aggy beat LSU this weekend.  In other words, who the hell knows. Obviously TCU could lose this weekend. USC already lost to Utah once this year. 

In short, there’s as much chaos in this year’s last weekend as there has been for a very long time. None of the four CFI spots are guaranteed. 

Michigan isn’t losing to Purdue.

Also, the delusion on texags is delicious.

So we will now get to hear all offseason that if the refs didn’t screw them in the Bama game they would have gotten to play and kick the shit out of the sips in a bowl game. We were lucky that they got screwed over because a weak B12 team could withstand their team of destiny.

• Hook 'Em 1

GA could absolutely lose to LSU. Michigan should mudhole Purdue, but they’re coming off of a rivalry game and, for goodness sake, aggy beat LSU this weekend.  In other words, who the hell knows. Obviously TCU could lose this weekend. USC already lost to Utah once this year. 

In short, there’s as much chaos in this year’s last weekend as there has been for a very long time. None of the four CFI spots are guaranteed. 

Georgia will not fall out of the top four unless they get mudholed by LSU and that ain’t gonna happen. The Dawgs are in.

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

So the agz are mad because an Ohio State person tweeted that the Texas A&M players are gonna take the money and transfer to the school they wanted to attend. Oh and apparently Ish retweeted it.

"This was definitely and experience I will never forget."

That says it all.

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Decided this post fits better in the Sark thread (vs. Ewers Mullet)

It's entirely possible that Ewers has been coached down by this staff. 

Vince Young told Greg Davis to go fuck himself so they let him do his thing.

Ewers starts strong, gets hurt right out of the chute. Comes back, looks good, then steadily declines. I can just hear 'em. "Don't run with it..." "Stay in the pocket..." "Think before you release..." Maybe Ewers is trying to make them happy by reining in his natural instincts.

For all we know, Sark and his OC are the problems. Their absolute inability to respond to adjustments (which surely by the TCU game should have been anticipated), leaves me to think Sark is the proverbial deer in the headlights when it comes to big games and critical decisions. I hope he proves me wrong, but in my mind, Sark is underperforming just as badly as Ewers. Coincidence?

16 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

The cabal has spoken. Whatever, the football board sucks anyway. 

Hot Girl Pron GIF

21 hours ago, markstanco said:

Shouldn’t the shirt be maroon?

cf0df9844d623c755010840ac54a58ff.jpg

Were shooting for Moron Out!  

Gotta say that doesn't look like your typical aggy fans in the stands pic.  

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

So the agz are mad because an Ohio State person tweeted that the Texas A&M players are gonna take the money and transfer to the school they wanted to attend. Oh and apparently Ish retweeted it.

Good thing Hayes Fawcett has an aggy transfer portal graphic template.  Just switch the player photo and text and presto!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

fify 

The thin skin on these guys and inability to not embarrass themselves is the sole reason why they'll never win anything of substance. The CFB gods hate them for these reasons and of course they'll never change. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

fify 

The thin skin on these guys and inability to not embarrass themselves is the sole reason why they'll never win anything of substance. The CFB gods hate them for these reasons and of course they'll never change. 

At least include the full clip

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I’ve asked this before but I’m not sure anyone really knows – Why has Texas never publicized more the fact that Tom Landry is a Longhorn? He’s a Super Bowl winner and one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, and since I’ve been a Texas fan in the mid-1990’s I’ve only seen a passing mention of him buried in a media guide. I bet a lot of folks don’t know he played football for Texas.

Same here. Tom Landry is a Longhorn Legend.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I’ve asked this before but I’m not sure anyone really knows – Why has Texas never publicized more the fact that Tom Landry is a Longhorn? He’s a Super Bowl winner and one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, and since I’ve been a Texas fan in the mid-1990’s I’ve only seen a passing mention of him buried in a media guide. I bet a lot of folks don’t know he played football for Texas.

I think it is a myriad of things but mostly centered around recency bias and that as a Longhorn his on the field accomplishments were dwarfed by what he did for both the Giants and the Cowboys.  I do think it's asinine and we should celebrate every alum regardless of on field production on the 40 acres.

Hell also cited in the article is Bobby Layne and he won 28 games for Texas and I think he gets largely drown out as well.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

17 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I think it is a myriad of things but mostly centered around recency bias and that as a Longhorn his on the field accomplishments were dwarfed by what he did for both the Giants and the Cowboys.  I do think it's asinine and we should celebrate every alum regardless of on field production on the 40 acres.

Hell also cited in the article is Bobby Layne and he won 28 games for Texas and I think he gets largely drown out as well.

Yup. Landry and Layne played in the 1940's. Its not that UT disassociates itself from those two, its just that most people don't give a shit about that era because they weren't alive. I know there is a Landry "longhorn legend" commercial running on LHN, not sure about Layne. If you're a fan of either, you know where they went to school. If you're not, you probably wouldn't give a shit even if UT sent you a direct mailer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Yup. Landry and Layne played in the 1940's. Its not that UT disassociates itself from those two, its just that most people don't give a shit about that era because they weren't alive. I know there is a Landry "longhorn legend" commercial running on LHN, not sure about Layne. If you're a fan of either, you know where they went to school. If you're not, you probably wouldn't give a shit even if UT sent you a direct mailer. 

There’s a Bobby Layne commercial.  And a Tommy Nobis one.  

Very true about recency bias.  We were talking about that all season regarding the current stadium hype video. It spends a lot of time on Justin Tucker but virtually ignores anything not originally broadcast in 1080p.  

Frankly, I heard more about Tom Landry in the Texas Cowboys fraternity than I did about him on the football team here. 

And I'm moderately old, not 1940's old, but old enough to have been in school when they were still talking about him here.

Of course, he was the Dallas Cowboys coach then, so...there's probably that, too. 

And I remember him living in Lakeway back when I thought Lakeway was the end of the earth. 

Aggies after this season: "Texas Longhorns?  Longwhat?  Longhorns?  Nah, never heard of 'em."

Reporter: "Well it says here you played football against them 118 times going back to 1894."

Aggies: "Nah, name doesn't mean anything.  Sorry.  next question."

Reporter: "Here's your signature admitting them into the SEC at last year's conference banquet."

Aggies: "Yeah, we're their main rival.  They're totally afraid of us and what we've accomplished."