• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

First rule of crisis management/public relations is to not make the situation worse.  Before you get all cute and clever, just contain.  But fucking texags and A&M in general just can't help themselves.

Comms Professor: "Decades from now, you'll be a case study for what to do when a program is falling apart from the inside-out."
Liucci: "Cool, you mean like a Best Practices' kinda thing in the textbook?" 

Comms Professor:  "Sure Billy, whatever gets you through the holidays." 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok, which one of you guys posted this on secrant:

Texas A&M is #1

Posted by Between TheHedges iconLSU.gif Icononline.gif on 11/28/22 at 11:45 am In sportsmanship and game day experience. 

Having gone to Kyle field this weekend, wow what an experience. 

Driving up through San Houston forest was the most scenic drive I’ve ever been on while going to a game. 

Possibly the best game day experience in the nation, much less the SEC. 

The fans were friendly and accommodating, teaching me about their traditions and the large campus. 

I parked in downtown Bryan and took the shuttle in, and the fans on the bus were so warm and receptive. 

Some cute Aggie ladies as well, not sure why they don’t have more of them as cheerleaders! 

The student lounge looks like a royal palace. 

The fans were the friendliest and most kind hearted I’ve ever met. 

Texas A&M is a world class institution, and Jimbo is building something special there. This was an odd year, but you’re crazy if you think that Texas A&M is not a program on the rise! 

I’m sold. I’m sending *my* kids there now.
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Ok, which one of you guys posted this on secrant:

Texas A&M is #1

Posted by Between TheHedges iconLSU.gif online on 11/28/22 at 11:45 am
In sportsmanship and game day experience. 

Having gone to Kyle field this weekend, wow what an experience. 

Driving up through San Houston forest was the most scenic drive I’ve ever been on while going to a game. 

Possibly the best game day experience in the nation, much less the SEC. 

The fans were friendly and accommodating, teaching me about their traditions and the large campus. 

I parked in downtown Bryan and took the shuttle in, and the fans on the bus were so warm and receptive. 

Some cute Aggie ladies as well, not sure why they don’t have more of them as cheerleaders! 

The student lounge looks like a royal palace. 

The fans were the friendliest and most kind hearted I’ve ever met. 

Texas A&M is a world class institution, and Jimbo is building something special there. This was an odd year, but you’re crazy if you think that Texas A&M is not a program on the rise! 

Hahahahahaha. Holy shit, I love these fucking things. 

2 hours ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Frankly, I heard more about Tom Landry in the Texas Cowboys fraternity than I did about him on the football team here. 

And I'm moderately old, not 1940's old, but old enough to have been in school when they were still talking about him here.

Of course, he was the Dallas Cowboys coach then, so...there's probably that, too. 

And I remember him living in Lakeway back when I thought Lakeway was the end of the earth. 

It still is.

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

lulz

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=1247 

Hello Howdy fellow message board users, I attempted to assist one of our scholar athletes in breaking NCAA regulations. Things went awry, and now I would like to report the matter to necessary parties so that I can be made whole again. Is this something you can assist me with? 

Also the second reply got clipped from the screenshot above and cracked me up. 

image.thumb.png.b73bd7bd11d95c34d147d0c29c1dc9c4.png

Another $550 from the Jimbo buyout fund will be diverted to make this issue disappear.

30 minutes ago, Modessit said:

d669f45a05b36399b215a5e38b643fda.jpg

Why would we want to marry animals?

I think they just want to pretend they're married.  As a great poet once wrote, 

Oh darlin', let's pretend we're married and go all night
There ain't nothin' wrong if it feels all right
I won't stop until the morning light
Let's pretend we're married and go all night, tonight

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, South Austin said:

I’ve asked this before but I’m not sure anyone really knows – Why has Texas never publicized more the fact that Tom Landry is a Longhorn? He’s a Super Bowl winner and one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, and since I’ve been a Texas fan in the mid-1990’s I’ve only seen a passing mention of him buried in a media guide. I bet a lot of folks don’t know he played football for Texas.

Because, in the 1947 SMU game (one of the biggest games in state history), he stumbled on 4th down on our final drive and was tackled for a loss. 

(just kidding!)

My take is that Tom Landry was never a man who needed or sought public recognition and UT was not a program to try to ride on the success of alums. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Little bit of aggy satire. Aggy balls entering portal..it's not

clear why these balls have opted to transfer, but many are pointing to a program in shambles following a 5-7 season, and it seems that disarray may even extend to the equipment room.

Obviously the Aggies will not be without any footballs next season. There are practice balls they can elevate to game balls, and they can order more balls online. But these departures represent a lot of wasted effort by this staff in ordering and conditioning these balls to be game-ready. No matter the quality of the ball, you want them to have sufficient time in your program to learn your system before you are counting on them to take actual snaps.

The key for A&M now is retaining the rest of it’s equipment. We are told that these footballs were particularly close with Moose Muhammad’s arm sleeves. Something to monitor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

style="position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%;"
src="https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7421409e-bca4-457c-91be-6f5439b28274/embed?autoplay=false&responsive=true"
frameborder="0"
>

Fuck I don’t know how to do any of this shit. I was just trying to post a gif of the Jewish sports legends pamphlet from airplane.

50 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

style="position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%;"
src="https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7421409e-bca4-457c-91be-6f5439b28274/embed?autoplay=false&responsive=true"
frameborder="0"
>

Fuck I don’t know how to do any of this shit. I was just trying to post a gif of the Jewish sports legends pamphlet from airplane.

ed5a96f6-6a83-4fa0-a71c-a667f6e1396d_tex

• Like 2
  • Haha 7