• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Quite the financial hit for all the hotels and motels that UMass weekend. College Station economy may never recover. 

The Hampton inn sold out, but at $119 a night and not rack rate of $300. No idea what the best restaurant is but I’m guessing Texas Roadhouse, so the wait was 20 minutes and not an hour and a half after the thrashing of a basketball school that really isn’t a basketball school.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

The Hampton inn sold out, but at $119 a night and not rack rate of $300. No idea what the best restaurant is but I’m guessing Texas Roadhouse, so the wait was 20 minutes and not an hour and a half after the thrashing of a basketball school that really isn’t a basketball school.

pretty much anything on University Dr is a fucking wait which is why I avoid University Dr at all costs, if there's anything these fucking aggys do it's eat the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 1

pretty much anything on University Dr is a fucking wait which is why I avoid University Dr at all costs, if there's anything these fucking aggys do it's eat the fuck out.
Just not thier girlfriends.*

*Former aggie girlfriend I had that rode my face like she was finishing the Preakness in record time.
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Allegedly sold...never lie, cheat or steal right?

Most tickets may have been given away for all anyone knows.

COTA does it all the time. Ex: donate 500 3-day passes to, say, the AFL-CIO Austin Local Widgetmakers Union...then count that as 500 people in attendance each day for all three days (whether they ever show up or not), and they count it as out of state attendance since the AFL-CIO isn't headquartered in Texas (which makes their economic impact numbers look better). But at least aggy, unlike COTA, isn't getting $30M a year from the State of Texas based on the lies. $300M so far, with another $200M in the pipeline over the next 5 years. /csb (except it's true)

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Oh, and no CR. Just a real-world example. They're also well-known for counting every ticket 'distributed' by any means - sales, giveaways, donated tickets, payments made to vendors in the form of tickets, etc - as a butt in the seat for that day/those days. I bet aggy would really like that last one ...

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy will probably have to fire Buzz Williams after this season. 

I don’t know that they care. (I also don’t know that they have the money.)

I think the only way they cut him loose is if the season is really, really bad—like not even make the NIT bad. 

17 minutes ago, speed817 said:

This gem came up on my timeline this morning.....

24301119_10110821934952480_229687266247790141_n.thumb.jpg.25637399886483eba253c6d0d1fba150.jpg

texaggies5050 can say whatever he wants to feel better now, but deep down he knows when we join the SEC our presence will overshadow and dwarf aggy once again. No longer will they be able stand on their perceived advantage of being the only Texas team in the SEC conference.

4 minutes ago, sdm said:

texaggies5050 can say whatever he wants to feel better now, but deep down he knows when we join the SEC our presence will overshadow and dwarf aggy once again. No longer will they be able stand on their perceived advantage of being the only Texas team in the SEC conference.

dude 

11 hours ago, mdleast said:

To be fair, Jimbo can get in about 10 minutes worth of words in 50 seconds

So what's the point, Ryan?  Not being in the playoffs didn't stop them from bringing in the greatest class ever.   I suppose if they had been in the playoffs, they would have just fallen from a higher perch this year.  

3 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Here's the tweet:

I still don't understand how Jimbo didn't win the SEC with that QB room. Not one of those guys tripped or forgot to throw the ball. Every single one of those motherfuckers absolutely killed that drill.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, hookemATL said:

Can’t wait for the not so thinly veiled racist posts from TexAgs re: Deion and current aggy players/commits portaling to CU. 

I'm as white as they come, but if I could be magically transported back in time, and sprinkled with some size/speed/talent fairy dust, I'd rather play for Deion than Jimbo.

But yes, they'll go with the race card.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Get ready.  Looch is dusting off four words from the aggy mantel to re-message the state of their recruits going forward:  diamond in the rough.

Jimbo just needs to take 3 star players that he can mold into champions.  Those 5 star players don’t understand what it is to be aggy.

WRTS

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Get ready.  Looch is dusting off four words from the aggy mantel to re-message the state of their recruits going forward:  diamond in the rough.

Jimbo just needs to take 3 star players that he can mold into champions.  Those 5 star players don’t understand what it is to be aggy.

WRTS

They need players who *want* to be aggies and who bleed maroon. 

8 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:
29 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:
They need players who *want* to be aggies and who bleed maroon. 

The "salt of the earth" types

I'd recommend a few "pepper" types myself, but I dont want to tell them how to do their jobs. 

• Haha 1