Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:
27 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:
They need players who *want* to be aggies and who bleed maroon. 

The "salt of the earth" types

I finally heard back from my aggysuperfan friend and he went into full aggydad bob minister of information mode as expected.  I don't want to directly quote him here because some of the things he said would be pretty easy to identify.

Anyways summary points:
Watkins decommitted a month ago so not a Prime vs Ag thing

Nick & Prime are buds and Smoke was a GA kid following Nick to A&M and now CU

Nick did nothing for the program other than land smoke and a GA RB so not a big loss

Smoke cares more about the ladies than football he, Denver Harris, & Chris Marshall are the 3 most Aggies want gone for being more trouble than they are worth.

• Haha 1

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I'm old enough to remember when they cleaned our clock every other year in the 90s, including 1995 when we were #3 in the nation. The program has potential, just need to find the next Neuheisel.

I believe Bill McCartney is the name you are looking for gomer.  Ole Neweasal was given the program and then proceeded the to start the downward spiral.  Idiots...

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Someone should keep updating this throughout the portal season.

Here is the most current. Will update as needed. Edited to add a few more names and change some that haven't announced to possibly leaving. Plus some that have been rumored to leave to CU 

Red = Announced Leaving

Highlighter = Possibly Leaving

image.thumb.png.a992ba7d10fdf4b46bf174936a4c9775.png

image.png.8af566f101c87b7ea9cbe3083d38fe05.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I finally heard back from my aggysuperfan friend and he went into full aggydad bob minister of information mode as expected.  I don't want to directly quote him here because some of the things he said would be pretty easy to identify.

Anyways summary points:
Watkins decommitted a month ago so not a Prime vs Ag thing

Nick & Prime are buds and Smoke was a GA kid following Nick to A&M and now CU

Nick did nothing for the program other than land smoke and a GA RB so not a big loss

Smoke cares more about the ladies than football he, Denver Harris, & Chris Marshall are the 3 most Aggies want gone for being more trouble than they are worth.

"He's transferring because he doesn't like Jimbo " is somehow preferable to "He's transferring because he likes Prime"? 

Driving home from CenTex area and quizzing wife on Bowl teams, as she looked them up on her phone.

Where is KSU going?- Sugar vs Alabama

Did Texas get Alamo?  who they playing?  yes.  Washington.

Tech is in Houston or AZ?-  They play Ole Miss in Texas Bowl.

Where is A&M playing?-  You told me the other day they didn't make it.

Me-

oh-yeah.gif

Edited by slorch

12 minutes ago, speed817 said:

2017.....it came up in my facebook memories when i was looking through it

Yeah even the most delusional gomer of all time doesn't feel that strongly about Bilbo Aggins anymore.  With that said back in 2017 I was too busy laughing at the pimp cane and the UCLA meltdown and the fact that they just hired a coach who started the season ranked #3 and was unranked after starting 0-2 after losses to Alabama and North Carolina State he would go on to lose to powerhouses like Louisville and Boston College on his way to a 5-6 mark.  I certainly thought the amount of money they paid him was absurd and laughed at their continual contract negotiation faceplants.  I was far more concerned that Texas was locked into another mediocre hire and that we were several years out still but that had absolutely 0 to do with fuckin aggy.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Here is the most current. Will update as needed. Edited to add a few more names and change some that haven't announced to possibly leaving. Plus some that have been rumored to leave to CU 

Red = Announced Leaving

https://twitter.com/OriginalJaylon/status/1599554169899098112?s=20&t=bmMyXaP8umbW0zhsfiv0GQimage.png.202dbe86eb05c17157777861e6eba119.png

https://twitter.com/OriginalJaylon/status/1599554169899098112?s=20&t=bmMyXaP8umbW0zhsfiv0GQ

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why are all these guys leaving now? Why not wait until after the bowl game?

Oh, yeah. 🤣

They’ll play a maroon and white game at the same time as the Alamo Bowl and honk on that it will be more competitive and entertaining than any bowl game this year.  texaggy will mark it as a win either way.

13 minutes ago, yoladu said:

would it?

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3347043

I have a question. Why do other schools hat[sic] us so?

KU has hired Carl Torbush, pictured above, to be its new defensive  coordinator. Torbush, or... - Rock M Nation

Sooooo many reasons to 'hat' aggy.

I love how this guy nails the answer right off the bat, and 1 or 2 people agree, then people start shitting on his post.

HoustonAg21064:02p, 12/3/22AG
Because we run our mouths about how great we can be, but have accomplished literally nothing since world war 2. Like it or not, that is why.

Also, they think we are weird with all the yell leader stuff

... and which one of y'all is this?

justcallmeharry5:34p, 12/3/22S
They 'hat us" because we can't spell "hate."

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wood said:

Sooooo many reasons to 'hat' aggy.

I love how this guy nails the answer right off the bat, and 1 or 2 people agree, then people start shitting on his post.

... and which one of y'all is this?

It is the way of the ag. They do have some smart well grounded people who get into the school but inevitably the far more numerous borg come and take them down to protect the collective. It's gotta be pretty infuriating for those people who can see and think for themselvea.

2 hours ago, mdleast said:

Is “hate” another of the words that they are forbidden to use on their site like…fuck?

I miss the shaggy days because aggy is one of their blacklisted words and so whenever they woukd try to link to some thread where we were dunking on them it would always render as sh*****bevo.com because their software was too stupid to realize it was a URL and not the word in text they wete looking to ban.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Red = Announced Leaving

So they might potentially only have 6 seniors on the roster next year? Built in excuse for Liucci. Rinse. Repeat. Next next year is the year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So they might potentially only have 6 seniors on the roster next year? Built in excuse for Liucci. Rinse. Repeat. Next next year is the year.

They only had 8 seniors this year. I think it may be time to hand Bilbo the attrition national championship trophy that they have been so desperate to acquire.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

That is, and always will be,  one of creepiest I'll ever see in my life.

Correct.

I watched it again. Those guys drive around wearing their cheerleader outfits. I guess they get cheers at Buccee's, but imagine them walking into an Oklahoma Valero for a piss and a bag full of Zero bars. 

Cletus, what the hell was that that just pranced in here?

Why, I believe they's manly manful Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas A&M in Texas.

They have to dress up like that because we wuz beatin' 'em 77-0 in the third quarter? Got to be a punishment of some kind.

Look now! They's dancin' like little girls in that car! There they go.

Don't come back!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

if you want a laugh here is Buzz Williams before A&M:

image.thumb.png.bd5c1a2f158216373a625e4b416e0513.png

at Marquette and VaTech, he missed the NCAA tournament 3 times in 11 years. at A&M he is 0/4.

honestly, i think he will go back to being fine once he leaves A&M

fwiw, Shaka Smart made the NCAA tournament last year while Buzz missed it.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

if you want a laugh here is Buzz Williams before A&M:

image.thumb.png.bd5c1a2f158216373a625e4b416e0513.png

at Marquette and VaTech, he missed the NCAA tournament twice in 11 years. at A&M he is 0/4.

honestly, i think he will go back to being fine once he leaves A&M

fwiw, Shaka Smart made the NCAA tournament last year while Buzz missed it.

You mean thrice in 11 years one of the Va Tech teams went to the NIT like aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Red = Announced Leaving

thank you for this!!

side note, in ShareX if you use shift while drawing a line it will give you a straight line! if anyone is looking for a screenshotting tool, ShareX is my personal favorite  on the market. it gives you easy tools to highlight, draw, blur/pixel-ify, etc and has a portable version.

Edited by NoName

28 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You mean thrice in 11 years one of the Va Tech teams went to the NIT like aggy.

So three times in 16 years of coaching he has gone to the sweet 16, and once gone to the elite 8. Why exactly do they believe this is the guy who will turn their program around?

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So three times in 16 years of coaching he has gone to the sweet 16, and once gone to the elite 8. Why exactly do they believe this is the guy who will turn their program around?

Sam reason we thought a guy who made one Final 4 and no other second weekends would turn ours around. At least Buzz was able to win his conference  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

Sam reason we thought a guy who made one Final 4 and no other second weekends would turn ours around. At least Buzz was able to win his conference  

Yeah I was literally about to say he's their Shaka but got distracted.  Just glad we have one program (of the 3 football, baseball, & basketball) in good hands.  Pierce still has some hope he can finish the job.  I have little to no hope for Sark.

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah I was literally about to say he's their Shaka but got distracted.  Just glad we have one program (of the 3 football, baseball, & basketball) in good hands.  Pierce still has some hope he can finish the job.  I have little to no hope for Sark.

The baseball program is in good hands with Pierce.  

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The baseball program is in good hands with Pierce.  

Was about to come say this. Pierce was 1 bounce of the ball from winning in '21. Just need to get Football on track and we are golden 

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Was about to come say this. Pierce was 1 bounce of the ball from winning in '21. Just need to get Football on track and we are golden 

2022 was a mild disappointment given we were preseason #1 and started so strong.  2021 was great but 2019 was a mess.  Obviously we are going to take a pretty heavy step back in 2023 with all the talent we lost and I get that.  I'm totally willing to give him the benefit of doubt but we are nowhere near the consistency we had attained under his two predecessors and thus why I'm not 100% in just yet.  Contrast that with football where I am very much in the DO NOT WANT bucket.

Just now, Pimphand said:

2022 was a mild disappointment given we were preseason #1 and started so strong.  2021 was great but 2019 was a mess.  Obviously we are going to take a pretty heavy step back in 2023 with all the talent we lost and I get that.  I'm totally willing to give him the benefit of doubt but we are nowhere near the consistency we had attained under his two predecessors and thus why I'm not 100% in just yet.  Contrast that with football where I am very much in the DO NOT WANT bucket.

Strongly disagree

• Like 1

HoustonAg21064:02p, 12/3/22AG
Because we run our mouths about how great we can be,but have accomplished literally nothing since world war 2. Like it or not, that is why.

Also, they think we are weird with all the yell leader stuff

Correction.

1. aggy runs its mount about how great they ARE.

2. Today, 9/1/1939 is the accepted starting date of WWII. But, at the time, it was considered a European War (and a.separate Asian War already being fought), and escalated to a World War with the attack on Pear Harbor....   So aggy hasn't won shit since BEFORE WWII.

3. Nobody thinks that shit it weird.  It IS weird.