• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

I'd like to think that Leach would appreciate the rubes using that quote posthumously specifically because they misunderstood or misrepresented it. Exactly as he intended.

He absolutely would. Amazing that they didn’t see it for what it was originally, and even more amazing they still think it was a compliment.

45 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Maybe he’s emulating coach Prime and telling everyone associated with this disaster of a year to hit the bricks. 

Can you imagine how ridiculous Jimbo would look if he tried to act with the same swagger that Prime does?

It would make Brian Kelly's dancing with recruits and fake Cajun accent seem almost normal by comparison.

121321-brian-kelly-1.thumb.jpg.87eaa5f60d9e181e712ea4be667094a8.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

image.png.98a030da7f5cbea003fb9e034a03ee73.png

image.png.8d3c394b3e4b8f8ee2c611171e06f98b.png

Pretty funny that most of the defections are from the 2020 class that at least got to see the Orange Bowl and the high water mark of aggy futbawl of the past 83 seasons in their first year in the program.  Guess they have seen enough of the progression downward.  The upper classmen leaving isn't a shock because if they haven't gotten playing time by now they won't.

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

image.png.98a030da7f5cbea003fb9e034a03ee73.png

image.png.8d3c394b3e4b8f8ee2c611171e06f98b.png

You also have Max Wright, Demani Richardson, Chris Russell, Ainias Smith, Jalen Preston, and Sam Matthews. Those are graduating seniors. Aggies have convinced themselves that Smith and Russell are coming back, but even the aggie mods have said that Smith is gone. They think those guys need to "declare" in order to leave, and, well, they don't.

Does anyone else declare for the draft? Robinson was iffy.

Who believes that Bryce Foster is coming back?

The mods said two weeks ago that Lucas was gone, just like Bouie. Who wants to make an argument that no other players enter the portal? There's another month in this portal cycle and a two week portal period in late April. It's quite believable that they could lose 5-10 more by the end of the period.

Then you have quitters, medical reds, criminals - old school attrition. 

And they're going to sign a class of only like 15 guys unless they go hardcore into stealing guys from UTEP's and Tulsa's recruiting classes. 

You're looking at a net wipeout on their roster of 30-40 players that they'll have to replace in the portal. You'll have a bunch of jaggers from the portal, a few portal guys that they buy, and then the remainder of their last few classes and the true freshmen. Young and inexperienced again, darn it. I've never seen anything like it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Well they didn't get Leach's humor then and they don't get it now and they think their tribute is amazing.

Kyle Field Tribute to Coach Leach

The Aggie overflow of thoughts and prayers and love for Leach really comes across as them trying to prove that they're the classiest fans in the world. That board largely hated Leach and his offense and Tech. 

Fuck those phonies.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You also have Max Wright, Demani Richardson, Chris Russell, Ainias Smith, Jalen Preston, and Sam Matthews. Those are graduating seniors. Aggies have convinced themselves that Smith and Russell are coming back, but even the aggie mods have said that Smith is gone. They think those guys need to "declare" in order to leave, and, well, they don't.

Does anyone else declare for the draft? Robinson was iffy.

Who believes that Bryce Foster is coming back?

The mods said two weeks ago that Lucas was gone, just like Bouie. Who wants to make an argument that no other players enter the portal? There's another month in this portal cycle and a two week portal period in late April. It's quite believable that they could lose 5-10 more by the end of the period.

Then you have quitters, medical reds, criminals - old school attrition. 

And they're going to sign a class of only like 15 guys unless they go hardcore into stealing guys from UTEP's and Tulsa's recruiting classes. 

You're looking at a net wipeout on their roster of 30-40 players that they'll have to replace in the portal. You'll have a bunch of jaggers from the portal, a few portal guys that they buy, and then the remainder of their last few classes and the true freshmen. Young and inexperienced again, darn it. I've never seen anything like it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Max Wright comes back for another year of sexual assault. The rest of the seniors will probably leave. Didn’t even know who Sam Matthews was, must be a walk on LB. He’s not on scholarship charts. They might give him a scholarship now. 

Edgerin Cooper said he was going to portal but Aggy is trying to pay him to stay. 

Anthony Lucas is supposedly gone 

There was talk Bobby Taylor might leave. 

Bryce Anderson was rumored as a portal candidate but he said on social media he’s staying. 

Layden Robinson was rumored to be NFL bound, but who knows. 

Still tons of things that could still domino 

59 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

image.png.40abfc98e5c46424faa550e25cefa0a9.png

Poor Bag, a 2%er, who is stuck with that aggy label on his degree begging and pleading, "we are better than that."

I'm sorry Bag, your cult has demonstrated repeatedly that no, they are not better than that.  Just run away Bag, they are irredeemable.

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Max Wright comes back for another year of sexual assault. The rest of the seniors will probably leave. Didn’t even know who Sam Matthews was, must be a walk on LB. He’s not on scholarship charts. They might give him a scholarship now. 

Edgerin Cooper said he was going to portal but Aggy is trying to pay him to stay. 

Anthony Lucas is supposedly gone 

There was talk Bobby Taylor might leave. 

Bryce Anderson was rumored as a portal candidate but he said on social media he’s staying. 

Layden Robinson was rumored to be NFL bound, but who knows. 

Still tons of things that could still domino 

On Matthews, he’s a special teams asset for them. I assume he’s either a scholarship guy or became one. 

Lost in all of this is just the simple absurdity of the following - they are only losing like 5/6 scholarship seniors in year 5 of the HC. I don’t know if I’ve ever even heard of something close to that before. It’s unbelievable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 guys out of a +/- 85 player roster.  Are they gonna be able to even put a team in the field for their bowl game?  Wait...

All jokes aside, it will be an interesting few months to see how they fill the mercenaries who are leaving. They will have to pay large for portal guys as well as incoming freshmen especially after the season they had. A lot of universities will learn a lot watching how aTm handles this mass exodus.

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

On Matthews, he’s a special teams asset for them. I assume he’s either a scholarship guy or became one. 

Lost in all of this is just the simple absurdity of the following - they are only losing like 5/6 scholarship seniors in year 5 of the HC. I don’t know if I’ve ever even heard of something close to that before. It’s unbelievable. 

Here is a list of potential leaving

image.png.665657ef8c0d57aa75fe2135bc39ff89.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Would you rather live in BCS or Vegas?

In all honesty, neither but I sure as shit would not wan to live in BCS but I do think this is a pretty hilarious slap in the face to choose UNLV over aggy for a football coordinator gig.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

In all honesty, neither but I sure as shit would not wan to live in BCS but I do think this is a pretty hilarious slap in the face to choose UNLV over aggy for a football coordinator gig.

Well apparently BCS has a better food scene than Vegas.  I'm sure it has better motorcycle dealerships as well.  I haven't scoped out the ex-volleyball GAs though.

8 hours ago, ousux said:
On 12/14/2022 at 4:12 AM, Pimphand said:
Looks like they have hit the catch 22 part of the ride. Are they even going to have 60 players on scholarship next season? Jimbo gonna need to fill up on some bread

Bring back the 12th man walkon kickoff coverage team!

Someone's getting a little salty...