• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

So, do we think that Jimbo Clownshoes, who thinks he is the greatest offensive mind in football (remember, every week it is not his system, it is him throwing his players under the bus for lack of execution), and has a guaranteed contract, and (IMO) would prefer to get fired and go back to Country Roads to coach since he looks miserable at every press conference, is really going to hire an OC? aggy has 0% leverage and Clownshoes has 100% leverage. Not sure why he would hire one.

•  
  • Hook 'Em 1

Saw these bands many times in Austin and Dallas, too (if my memory is correct). Club Foot was great for new wave/electronic music, many groovy new wave women wearing 80s-style ankle boots. Hole in the Wall for drinks and shooting pool on week nights when you blew off going to the library. 
clubfoot.jpg.352a4062c037ec6daaa9f083806cccd9.jpg
All those bands and at Raul's was fun.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

Saw these bands many times in Austin and Dallas, too (if my memory is correct). Club Foot was great for new wave/electronic music, many groovy new wave women wearing 80s-style ankle boots. Hole in the Wall for drinks and shooting pool on week nights when you blew off going to the library. 

clubfoot.jpg

Loved club foot, but hated the elevated front sidewalk wich I fell off of a time or two

or three….

• Haha 1

“And the reality is the article posted by the OP is overly positive just like there are many who are overly negative. The recruiting class is decent. It isn't great. Texas A&M should be recruiting at better than #13. However, when you have a crappy year like we had and have so much negative attention on an overpaid coach, it impacts recruiting. Also, we HAVE lost a lot to the portal. Only sunshine pumpers would suggest it is no big deal. However, it could have been much worse. We didn't lose the most important members of the team, even though we lost large numbers of good players.

Things did not turn out nearly as bad as they could have. However, things are nowhere near great. The reality sits somewhere in the middle of where the eternally positive always suggest and where the doomsday crowd suggests. If Texas A&M football was a stock, we would have dropped dramatically from pre-season and bottomed out before the LSU game and made a decent comeback from the LSU win and things not going as bad as they could have from the portal and recruiting. However, our stock would be way down for the year. Things do not look nearly as good today as they did going into the 2022 season.  

IMO, the biggest question is Jimbo Fisher. The program could rebound fairly quickly from the significant portal exodus and a mediocre recruiting class. However, is Fisher still capable of running a successful program? With a normal contract, Fisher probably would have been fired this year (it is possible beating LSU would have saved his job). A new coach would have sold their new vision to get recruiting back on track. It remains to be seen what Jimbo will sell to 2024 recruits. Bad seasons normally impact the following year recruiting more than the current cycle. That is concerning for 2024 recruiting. Jimbo better look really good in the beginning of next year to allow a comeback year in recruiting. However, recruiting doesn't really matter if Jimbo doesn't start getting more out of his players. Until proven otherwise, Jimbo is the weakest link on the current team.”

secrant…

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/24/2022 at 2:42 PM, demos said:

So they can’t money whip Washington?

it's almost like no one wants to go work for a coach who has the ultimate in job security, where you can't make any of your own coaching hires, who refuses to outline job requirements like play calling in contracts and who thinks there really isn't much wrong with the offense.

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

it's almost like no one wants to go work for a coach who has the ultimate in job security, where you can't make any of your own coaching hires, who refuses to outline job requirements like play calling in contracts and who thinks there really isn't much wrong with the offense.

And it's glorious! :)

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/24/2022 at 7:10 PM, TexasTroll said:

Loved club foot, but hated the elevated front sidewalk wich I fell off of a time or two

or three….

CSB.  A girl I was with fell straight down on her foot off that damn thing.  Just stepped off it thinking there was still ground there and landed hard straight down on her foot.  She complained for 2 days about the pain and I continued to tell her she just needed to tough it out.  She finally went to a doctor who told her she broke a bone he'd never seen broken in 30+ years of practice.  Put her in a full cast nearly up to the knee for 6 weeks - which made sex interesting.  She blamed me completely, which also lessened its frequency.

• Haha 2

200.gif

aggy: “no one wants to work anymore “
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

CSB.  A girl I was with fell straight down on her foot off that damn thing.  Just stepped off it thinking there was still ground there and landed hard straight down on her foot.  She complained for 2 days about the pain and I continued to tell her she just needed to tough it out.  She finally went to a doctor who told her she broke a bone he'd never seen broken in 30+ years of practice.  Put her in a full cast nearly up to the knee for 6 weeks - which made sex interesting.  She blamed me completely, which also lessened its frequency.

Wasn't Club Foot previously a meat processing plant and the high sidewalk the old loading dock?

Also, at this point in my life I look back at similar situations and thank God almighty I didn't end up married to a woman that blames me for everything (every other thing I can tolerate, everything... nah)

1 minute ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Wasn't Club Foot previously a meat processing plant and the high sidewalk the old loading dock?

Also, at this point in my life I look back at similar situations and thank God almighty I didn't end up married to a woman that blames me for everything (every other thing I can tolerate, everything... nah)

Many reasons not to marry that one.  She did call me out of the blue on my wedding day to try to invite me to move with her to Atlanta instead - which, now that I think about it, is probably one more.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Many reasons not to marry that one.  She did call me out of the blue on my wedding day to try to invite me to move with her to Atlanta instead - which, now that I think about it, is probably one more.

Give her points for being bold, and good on you 1. you didn't take the bait. 2. You obviously left something of an impression, yeah an impression.

1 minute ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Give her points for being bold, and good on you 1. you didn't take the bait. 2. You obviously left something of an impression, yeah an impression.

"Bold" is certainly accurate but she was solidly in the Stripper/Tiffany/Redhead Danger Zone on that graph from the Beard thread. I'd like to think it was an "impression" but it's probably more accurate to say "didn't ever file for a restraining order."

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

"Bold" is certainly accurate but she was solidly in the Stripper/Tiffany/Redhead Danger Zone on that graph from the Beard thread. I'd like to think it was an "impression" but it's probably more accurate to say "didn't ever file for a restraining order."

Yep, had three ventures into that part of the graph (slow learner). I think no restraining order was the way to go, 40 years ago that would have just been fuel on the fire. 

I had some degree of fear that the last one in the sequence would show up at my wedding if she got wind of it.