Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

Someone in the comments says all 22 starters on the 2013 FSU team went to the NFL.  That is fucking crazy considering just 1.6% of CFB players make an NFL roster.

Jimbo was paying players at FSU. There was a reason they were good. Same with Saban, Smart, & Dabo.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 71.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

19 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Yep, had three ventures into that part of the graph (slow learner). I think no restraining order was the way to go, 40 years ago that would have just been fuel on the fire. 

I had some degree of fear that the last one in the sequence would show up at my wedding if she got wind of it. 

Same. Amy was beautiful, dumb, and CRAZY.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:12 AM, NoName said:

it's almost like no one wants to go work for a coach who has the ultimate in job security, where you can't make any of your own coaching hires, who refuses to outline job requirements like play calling in contracts and who thinks there really isn't much wrong with the offense.

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

They all know if the offense doesn't perform, who Jimbo is going to throw under the bus at the end of next season, even if they didn't call a single play, or assign a single starter.  

That job is a liability for any OC trying to move up the ladder.  Not sure what players will be there once the smoke clears. Most of the portal talent is going to be hard to land at aggy. 

The aggy OC job might not be career suicide, but it can easily set anyone's career back a few years. The risk outweighs the gains. Probably going to be a rough season for the offense. If by some miracle they don't get offered up as a sacrificial lamb after the first season, is half your talent going to hit the portal at the end of the year? Obviously something sent them scrambling to get away from Jimbo this year.  Even if by some miracle the offense does decent, who will end up getting the credit? It's no secret who will catch all the shit if it doesn't.   

Either aggy will pony up another rediculous sum of money for an established OC, or they are bringing in the 12th man off the sidewalk.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is why I find delusional Sec fans (aggy in particular) so insufferable. From Texags:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Where do we rank in State of Texas football program?

Hatefully we have to say TCU is the best team in Texas. 

Do we rank second by default as being the lone SEC rep that plays in the toughest conference and division?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm not saying these are gospel, but they're . . . something.  Complete agreement on the order of the top 5, and pretty close on the actual rankings.  6/7 flip-flopped.  Sure, A&M is #2 in the state.  I mean, #5.

SAGARIN

#8 Texas

#9 TCU

#26 Baylor

#28 Texas Tech

#39 Texas A&M

#60 SMU

#64 Houston

ESPN

#6 Texas

#10 TCU

#25 Baylor

#27 Texas Tech

#39 Texas A&M

#53 Houston

#62 SMU

13 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Under what logic is Texas ranked higher than TCU again?

advanced stats love Texas and it's underlying stats against a good schedule. example is FEI

Texas was slightly worse on offense, slightly better on defense, about the same on net points per drive, better on points per drive, and better on points per play

you can see all the underlying stuff here: https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-fei

TCU did not really mark out well in many advanced stats - FEI has Texas at 6, KSU at 7, TCU at 10 for example. they also got dinged because their OOC was horrific (@Colorado, vs Tarleton, @SMU) - and they literally scored the second fewest points against Colorado of any team on their schedule outside of the Cal game (gave up 13 to cal, 38 to TCU and then everyone else scored over 40)

advanced stats love Texas and it's underlying stats against a good schedule. example is FEI
Texas was slightly worse on offense, slightly better on defense, about the same on net points per drive, better on points per drive, and better on points per play
you can see all the underlying stuff here: https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-fei
TCU did not really mark out well in many advanced stats - FEI has Texas at 6, KSU at 7, TCU at 10 for example. they also got dinged because their OOC was horrific (@Colorado, vs Tarleton, @SMU) - and they literally scored the second fewest points against Colorado of any team on their schedule outside of the Cal game (gave up 13 to cal, 38 to TCU and then everyone else scored over 40)

Thanks for the info.

I get maths and all but if there’s anything that really screams stats are for losers, this is it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Thanks for the info.

I get maths and all but if there’s anything that really screams stats are for losers, this is it.

Yeah any ranking that has Texas ahead of TCU right now is bizarre at best, but the Horns would push aggy's shit in, SEC or no SEC, and they know it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

This is why I find delusional Sec fans (aggy in particular) so insufferable. From Texags:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Where do we rank in State of Texas football program?

Hatefully we have to say TCU is the best team in Texas. 

Do we rank second by default as being the lone SEC rep that plays in the toughest conference and division?

They are behind Texas State, who beat App State. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1