Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/platform/amp/2023/1/19/23557588/where-did-texas-a-m-aggies-transfer-portal-players-end-up

What should we make of this ‘portal exodus:’

From a sheer numbers perspective, Texas A&M led the nation in transfer portal entries. That makes for an easy narrative that things are not going well in College Station. And while that is undoubtedly a lot of talent and depth headed out the door, it may not be as catastrophic as it may seen on the surface. Some things to keep in mind:

Texas A&M has lost 3 five-star and 18 four-star players to either the portal, the draft or graduation. But they’ve also added 3 five-star and 12 four-star players from high school and the portal. A&M has some ground to make up in filling out their roster, but having the same number of five star players and only six fewer four-star players than last year is hardly the disaster that many have portrayed it to be. And there’s a good chance they aren’t done adding to the total coming in.

Of the 22 players who started in the Aggies’ season-ending win over No. 5 LSU, not a single one entered the transfer portal (19 of them return and three are early entrants to the NFL Draft).

Only 14 of the 24 A&M players who entered the transfer portal ended up at another Power 5 program. That’s not meant to diss those players, but simply to illustrate that many of these portal departures are your run of the mill transfer seeking more playing time, and several of the players who ended up at other top programs (Marshall, Harris, Adileye) reportedly had disciplinary issues that would have prevented them from returning even if they wanted to do so.

While the portal attrition is significant, not enough has been made of how virtually nonexistent the Aggies’ losses due to graduation are this year. With S Demani Richardson and TE Max Wright announcing their returns for one more season, A&M currently stands to only lose THREE scholarship seniors from last year’s roster (WR Ainias Smith, WR Jalen Preston and LS Connor Choate). And it is not a foregone conclusion that all of those players leave. With only three underclassmen declaring for the draft, A&M was seemingly always destined to have significant portal departures simply to make room for the incoming recruiting classes.

The portal window hit A&M hard, but mostly with regard to depth rather than starters. Granted, depth matters in college football. You rotate players at a lot of positions, and injuries happen that make backups suddenly become starters. But this team will still be one of the most talented in college football, with a lot more game time experience than it had a year ago. If the coaching changes click, this could be a team that could do some real damage in 2023, even with the portal departures.

• Haha 4

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 hours ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, South Austin said:
Can't hold onto student ID.  Do not want.

Does Arch really need ID around campus? Anyone that doesn't immediately know who he is should be fired/expelled

You know homeboy got that unlimited meal plan provided by Texas Football, I'd be swiping the shit out of that card in the food halls if I had found Colt's ID during my poor ass undergrad years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

that article is fucking stupid

1. the portal is not closed yet so those 8 other players that have not found a place yet can still land with a P5 program

2. a large number of those players landed at those P5 programs rapidly which means they were wanted

3. now to the real dumb ass part of their entire fan base.....all their shit talk about TCU and how TCU will go 6-6 nest year (still better than 5-7 oh wait BDF vs SEC SEC SEC!) and they talk about all the seniors and covid seniors for TCU and how that made a difference for them......but yet they are now acting like players that do not come in and take a job from current players or that need a year or two of practice to get meaningful playing time and make a meaningful contribution (at 5-7 IN THE SEC SEC SEC THO aggy) are not worth a fuck and no one should give a shit they are leaving and are easy to replace

4. but of course when all those players were coming in before they were the ones that were going to either come right in and push out the players that got aggy to 8-5 jimbo or they were going to be the ones that jimbo would "corch up" for next year after next when they would finally win it all

5. and when all these players leave next year.....repeat the same shit

these shit heals never get a fucking clue you have to be worth a fuck to "reload" you do not "reload" with a fuck tonne of talent leaving you constantly and never maturing and then a few highly select players come in and maybe push an experienced player out for a couple of spots

a fucking moron like jimbo is never going to get a bunch of "talent" together all in a season or two and get them to play as a team and compete for anything better than 3rd or 4th in the SEC SEC SEC WEST

• Hook 'Em 1

also one other thing a lot of players understand the idea of playing their way into the next level and getting coached up even on a G5 team especially if that team gets some attention or runs a system that fits them (like SMU) and they understand that is better than sitting behind some dumb fuck that might be slightly better (this year) on a team coached by a fucking idiot like jimbo

If you're interested in seeing the Texas or Texas A&M attrition by class, I've added tabs to the Texas Depth Chart Google Sheet. They are sorted by year, then 247 composite score. All the links are to the same fie, I just added the direct link to the specific tab since there are a lot.

Texas by Class: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=300393870

Aggie by Class: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1912575733

Here's what it looks like with the Status filtered to just show the transfers, medical retirements, and expulsions (2017-2022 classes):

image.png.ac38f299c290e7fe75535abc5c4f2d9c.png

Aggie Depth Chart (aka Aggie Grid): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=529379820. The grid view shows all scholarship athletes and the year they signed. I excluded those that were recognized on Senior Day, but Ainias Smith might return.

image.png.9320640673932658588dfcec4b81d539.png

image.png.d796c3021d858da58d6fd3c44ff0d911.png

Edited by AP101S
That's hard to read. I'm too lazy to improve the size, so just click the links.
  • Hook 'Em 6

Texas A&M reveals new details about its future Fort Worth campus, including its name
Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article271299042.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article271299042.html
JFC, haven't walked down there in a while, but I literally live about 5 blocks away from the site of that atrocity. I've never understood why UT doesn't have more of a presence in DFW as a whole, FW in particular.

30 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas A&M reveals new details about its future Fort Worth campus, including its name
Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article271299042.html#storylink=cpy

JFC, haven't walked down there in a while, but I literally live about 5 blocks away from the site of that atrocity. I've never understood why UT doesn't have more of a presence in DFW as a whole, FW in particular.

UTA and UTD?

I don't like having aggy in my backyard, either, FWIW. Is UT-Houston dead?

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

UTA and UTD?

I don't like having aggy in my backyard, either, FWIW. Is UT-Houston dead?

Yep dead as fuck, UH threw a huge fit and since UT bought the land “in secret” the legislature basically lampooned it and lobbed not so subtle threats as to what could happen if we went ahead with the plans. Basically nobody had a chance to line their pockets so they were pissed and sided with UH as it was an easy way to get back at UT.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Yep dead as fuck, UH threw a huge fit and since UT bought the land “in secret” the legislature basically lampooned it and lobbed not so subtle threats as to what could happen if we went ahead with the plans. Basically nobody had a chance to line their pockets so they were pissed and sided with UH as it was an easy way to get back at UT.

Yep. Instead they are moving the med center to UT Nacogdoches

On 1/19/2023 at 8:56 PM, TKthunder2 said:

Of the 22 players who started in the Aggies’ season-ending win over No. 5 LSU, not a single one entered the transfer portal (19 of them return and three are early entrants to the NFL Draft).

They started the seven losses, too, but Aggies want to winnow the season down to a win over an overrated LSU squad :number 5!!!!! (finished  16). LSU showed who they are and will be!

Laughing off depth losses is the new Aggie dogma. If the starters don't leave, everything will be fine. When these starters leave, we'll recruit new starters. Player development is dead like a dinosaur. 

13 hours ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

in addition to UTA and UTD that have been mentioned there is also the UTSW Medical Complex

really this facility is unneeded by aggy the DFW metroplex already has too many public universities with the unneeded north Texas state-dallas that has been a massive failure and was built with the same "thoughts" in mind of "dallas does not have a research university" because of course UTD is about 500 feet north of dallas in Richardson and dallas shit bags cannot fleece it so they fucked over the north Texas state system and built north Texas state-dallas and then their shitty law school as well and got the state to renovate their shitty old dallas city hall building.....so not it looks like Fort Worth got a hold of not-so-sharp that loves to fuck off state funds on empire building

there is of course UTD, UTA, UTSW, north Texas state-Denton, north Texas state-shittylaw, north Texas state-dallas, TWU-Denton, TWU-Dallas, there was the UCD-Dallas until the north Texas state system fucked that all up in the process of shitting money away on a shitty law school, there is aggy law, north Texas state-Frisco, and a Tarleton System Center in Midlothian, and TCOM-north Texas state-DO school

TWU is back to calling themselves a "system" now, but I am not sure how they administer the dallas and Houston campuses I think they are really still under the accreditation of Denton.......north Texas state-Frisco is just some fake ass "new school" bullshit that us under Denton, but the dallas campus failure is their own accreditation

5 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

From that aggy medical school article.

Ranked 80th, right behind the Christian Scientist No Medicine Allowed Medical School.

f0737e41521a058379235f484f7d23c5.jpg

that does say it is a "research" ranking not really an "education" ranking, but with a facility in Bryan, Temple, Baylor Dentistry Dallas, Houston Medical Research, and the Urma Lerma Derma Firma Pharmacy school in Kingsville all under the aggy medical school (now all under college station) they are pretty shittastic at research production for all that infrastructure

but of course especially under not-so-sharp the aggy system has taken the approach of build shit all over the place and then fucking figure out what is might be good for

sadly that (shitty) approach is part of what fucked UT Houston and the UT System should have known better than to try that

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/20/2023 at 7:52 PM, ousux said:
On 1/20/2023 at 2:49 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Huh?

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Huh?

Texas A&M University on Thursday announced the official name of its expanded downtown Fort Worth research campus. The three-building complex that will be built on four blocks where the law school is today will be called Texas A&M-Fort Worth. The project will serve as the anchor for what A&M describes as a technology and innovation district planned around the city’s redevelopment of the convention center. Once complete, Fort Worth will no longer be the largest Texas city without a significant presence by a large public research university.

On 1/19/2023 at 8:19 AM, Twizzler said:

Am I the only person who didn't know they even had a medical school?  That institution never came up when my kids were applying.

Imagine being stupid enough to willingly and knowingly go to an aggy doctor. It bottles the mind. 

On 1/19/2023 at 8:23 PM, msucolt45 said:

They will fight to no end to ensure that both Texas and OU aren’t on their regular SEC schedule going forward. The SEC-W was already tough enough for them, let alone letting Daddy and Step-Dad appear on that annual 12 game schedule.

I'll let you guys decide which one is Texas and which one is OUsucks

Screenshot_20230123_035250.jpg