Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

53 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Developer John Goff calls the project “the most significant thing for the city in the last 100 years.” Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker predicts it is “an opportunity that will pay dividends for generations.”

The National Cowgirl Museum begs to differ (double entendre NOT a coincidence😉

Hundred Year decision, y'all.

Flashback: 'He wanted to punish Texas A&M': Ex-Aggies President R. Bowen  Loftin talks bitter aftermath of Big 12 exit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Today in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

Business leaders and politicians have no shortage of superlatives when describing the future Texas A&M-Fort Worth campus on the south end of downtown.

Developer John Goff calls the project “the most significant thing for the city in the last 100 years.” Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker predicts it is “an opportunity that will pay dividends for generations.”

To a casual observer, looking at the site’s current parking lots and plain concrete law school, those assessments might seem like exaggerations.

But with construction starting this summer on the first of three planned buildings, experts say the new campus will indeed be transformative, well beyond just educating college students. 

What was once Hell’s Half Acre, wild west red-light district in the late 1800s, will become a shiny new jewel in downtown’s crown and an economic engine for the entire city — attracting major high-tech industries, creating new and higher-paying jobs, and elevating Fort Worth’s ability to compete on a national level.

aggy building the new “Austin”…..in Ft Worth?

I’d be way more in favor of bringing hell’s half acre back 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Business leaders and politicians have no shortage of superlatives when describing the future Texas A&M-Fort Worth campus on the south end of downtown.

To a casual observer, looking at the site’s current parking lots and plain concrete law school, those assessments might seem like exaggerations.

But with construction starting this summer on the first of three planned buildings, experts say the new campus will indeed be transformative, well beyond just educating college students. 

What was once Hell’s Half Acre, wild west red-light district in the late 1800s, will become a shiny new jewel in downtown’s crown and an economic engine for the entire city — attracting major high-tech industries, creating new and higher-paying jobs, and elevating Fort Worth’s ability to compete on a national level.

aggy building the new “Austin”…..in Ft Worth?

Dark mode

Business leaders and politicians have no shortage of superlatives when describing the future Texas A&M-Fort Worth campus on the south end of downtown.

Developer John Goff calls the project “the most significant thing for the city in the last 100 years.” Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker predicts it is “an opportunity that will pay dividends for generations.”

But with construction starting this summer on the first of three planned buildings, experts say the new campus will indeed be transformative, well beyond just educating college students. 

What was once Hell’s Half Acre, wild west red-light district in the late 1800s, will become a shiny new jewel in downtown’s crown and an economic engine for the entire city — attracting major high-tech industries, creating new and higher-paying jobs, and elevating Fort Worth’s ability to compete on a national level.

aggy building the new “Austin”…..in Ft Worth

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

What was once Hell’s Half Acre, wild west red-light district in the late 1800s, will become a shiny new jewel in downtown’s crown and an economic engine for the entire city — attracting major high-tech industries, creating new and higher-paying jobs, and elevating Fort Worth’s ability to compete on a national level.

aggy FW branch will be something, but "transformative" probably ain't it. Who writes this crap with a straight face, anyway?

Incidentally, wasn't Cowtown's red-light district closer to the Stockyards? Ft. Worth historians, help me out.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:13 PM, ButtFumble said:

they are waiting for "next year" when jimbo finally has all of his own 'cruits and has his system in place and the proper coordinators to implement it

Everyone knows it takes 8 years to get your players, system, and third round of coaching staff (including shuffling around position responsibilities) in place.  Mark it down, sip.

"If you don't like it, we're coming on, get used to it.  We ain't going nowhere."

- Jimbo Fisher

2/2/22

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

aggy FW branch will be something, but "transformative" probably ain't it. Who writes this crap with a straight face, anyway?

Incidentally, wasn't Cowtown's red-light district closer to the Stockyards? Ft. Worth historians, help me out.

Pretty sure it was somewhere around the spot of or just east of the convention center. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Used Chat GPT to generate some aggy fan fiction. Prompt was “Write a message board post extolling the abilities of the Texas A&M football team.”

Result:

The Texas A&M football team is one of the most talented and well-rounded teams in the country. With a strong coaching staff and a roster filled with top-tier athletes, the Aggies are poised for a successful season.

Offensively, Texas A&M boasts a potent passing game led by quarterback Kellen Mond, who is a dual-threat player with a strong arm and quick feet. The Aggies also have a strong running game, led by running backs Isaiah Spiller and Ainias Smith.

Defensively, Texas A&M is led by a tough and physical defensive line that consistently puts pressure on opposing quarterbacks. The secondary is also solid, featuring a number of talented and experienced players.

Overall, Texas A&M has all the pieces in place to make a run at the SEC championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff. With a strong schedule that includes matchups against top teams like Alabama and Florida, the Aggies will have the opportunity to prove themselves as one of the best teams in the country. Go Ags!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Being passed around by females on aggy campus

He is a starter

image.thumb.jpeg.f1d3b505a75e279f700073a658fe61fd.jpeg

https://m.facebook.com/TAMUPolice/photos/a.59223651785/10158851149516786/?type=3

Texas A&M University Police Department

Public Safety Advisory – Sexual Assault

Public Safety Advisories are crime notifications for incidents that do not meet the criteria of a Clery reportable crime or Clery geography but may pose a threat to our campus community.  

On Jan. 26, 2023, the Texas A&M University Police Department (UPD) received information regarding two sexual assaults that were reported to a Campus Security Authority.

Two victims reported that they were sexually assaulted on Jan. 18, 2023 at an off-campus apartment. The victims reported they met the suspect on Jan. 18, 2023 at a Northgate bar. The victims then went to the suspect’s apartment where the sexual assaults occurred. One victim reported that she was choked during the incident.

On Jan. 27, 2023, the Texas A&M University Police Department (UPD) received information regarding another sexual assault that was reported to a Campus Security Authority involving the same suspect.

The victim reported that she was sexually assaulted on Jan. 18, 2022 at her off-campus home. The victim reported she met the suspect on Jan. 18, 2022 at a friend’s house. When the victim left her friend’s house, the suspect asked for a ride because the suspect had ridden with a friend. The victim agreed and they went to the victim’s house where the sexual assault occurred.

The identity of the suspect is known. The suspect is described as a black male, 20 years of age, 6’5” tall, 330 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. 

The identities of the victims are confidential and no further information will be released at this time.

Anyone having information pertaining to this or other incidents is encouraged to contact the Texas A&M University Police Department at 979-845-2345.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will call it now, Jimbo doesn't make it to next season. This can be those dumbasses get out of jail free card. if it truly is 15 women, that is Baylor level bad. That is NCAA investigations out the ass and they will find much more than this. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I will call it now, Jimbo doesn't make it to next season. This can be those dumbasses get out of jail free card. if it truly is 15 women, that is Baylor level bad. That is NCAA investigations out the ass and they will find much more than this. 

You think Jimbo is going to leave 50 million on the table? He ain’t leaving. He knows where the bodies are buried. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Another piece of Chat GPT fan fiction for aggy.  Generated in 30 seconds:

Dear Aggie Fans,

I am writing to express my sincerest gratitude for the hospitality shown to me during my recent visit to College Station for the Texas A&M vs. Alabama football game. As a fan of the University of Alabama, I was a bit apprehensive about visiting the home of one of our rivals, but the warm welcome I received from the Aggie faithful quickly put any concerns to rest.

From the moment I arrived in College Station, I was struck by the friendliness of the fans. Whether it was someone offering to help me find the stadium or simply greeting me with a friendly "howdy" as I walked down the street, I felt welcomed and appreciated. The manliness of the men and the beauty of the women were also impressive, and I couldn't help but feel impressed by the enthusiasm and pride that the Aggie community exudes.

The grandeur of College Station also left a lasting impression on me. The campus is truly magnificent, with its stately buildings and lush green spaces, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe as I walked around and took in the sights. But perhaps the most memorable aspect of my visit was the food. The delicious meals I had during my stay were truly something special, and I would like to give a special thanks to the people who fed me a meal, it was so delicious and I still remember the taste.

Overall, my experience in College Station was truly one to remember. I may have come as an Alabama fan, but I left as an admirer of all things Aggie. Thank you for showing me such kindness and generosity, and for making my visit such a memorable one. I hope to have the opportunity to return to College Station in the future, and I look forward to the next time our two teams meet on the field.

Sincerely, [Your Name]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Another example of why you can't take that place seriously 

What? That’s not weird. When I was at UT, the rule was that if Bevo shot on the floor in class, class was dismissed. Was that not the case for y’all?

I mean sure, Bevo doesn’t actually live in Austin and is rarely on campus and doesn’t fit through a classroom door, but…

• Haha 1

"But with construction starting this summer on the first of three planned buildings, experts say the new campus will indeed be transformative, well beyond just educating college students. "

Well, I guess if you are in the west end of Fort Worth and livestock are riding the elevators you have found the gomers new buildings?