Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Well, I guess if you are in the west end of Fort Worth and livestock are riding the elevators you have found the gomers new buildings?

that's not the west end of Fort Worth. it's just east of the Water Gardens. which reminds me that the Water Gardens used to be (haven't lived there in forever, so not sure if it still is) where all the young boy whores picked up Johns.

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

that's not the west end of Fort Worth. it's just east of the Water Gardens. which reminds me that the Water Gardens used to be (haven't lived there in forever, so not sure if it still is) where all the young boy whores picked up Johns.
Lol, not sure it's a gathering place like it used to be, but yeah it's the southeast part of downtown where aggy is building their equivalent of a Confucious Institute.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:05 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Today in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

Business leaders and politicians have no shortage of superlatives when describing the future Texas A&M-Fort Worth campus on the south end of downtown.

Developer John Goff calls the project “the most significant thing for the city in the last 100 years.” Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker predicts it is “an opportunity that will pay dividends for generations.”

To a casual observer, looking at the site’s current parking lots and plain concrete law school, those assessments might seem like exaggerations.

But with construction starting this summer on the first of three planned buildings, experts say the new campus will indeed be transformative, well beyond just educating college students. 

What was once Hell’s Half Acre, wild west red-light district in the late 1800s, will become a shiny new jewel in downtown’s crown and an economic engine for the entire city — attracting major high-tech industries, creating new and higher-paying jobs, and elevating Fort Worth’s ability to compete on a national level.

aggy building the new “Austin”…..in Ft Worth?

Three new buildings in one of the largest cities in the country, affiliated with A&M, are going to entirely transform the nature of Dallas as a destination for huge national corporations? Yeah, ok. Flawless logic there, guys.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The lack of self awareness of Briles when he made that statement was truly mind boggling 

If there was any justice in that situation it would've played out like your avatar:

"Did you blame the victims, or call into question their motives, in any way?"

"Well, yeah, but..."

"You're fired." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I will call it now, Jimbo doesn't make it to next season. This can be those dumbasses get out of jail free card. if it truly is 15 women, that is Baylor level bad. That is NCAA investigations out the ass and they will find much more than this. 

You may be right that it’s their way out of the contract eventually, but so far this seems pretty different than Baylor. This is all about one player, correct? As opposed to Baylor, where it was far more wide reaching. And all the dates I’ve seen for police reports are within the last week or so. That doesn’t even come close to the level of coverup that was pervasive with Briles. Again, this is really early in the story, and we’re mostly basing this off message board posts, so it could be a much bigger deal (not that one dude raping 15 women isn’t pretty fucking significant by itself, just saying it might not be enough to fire him for cause yet). I don’t want this to be a bigger story, because A) that means there are many more victims, and less importantly, B) I don’t want them to have an easy way out of that contract

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

You may be right that it’s their way out of the contract eventually, but so far this seems pretty different than Baylor. This is all about one player, correct? As opposed to Baylor, where it was far more wide reaching. And all the dates I’ve seen for police reports are within the last week or so. That doesn’t even come close to the level of coverup that was pervasive with Briles. Again, this is really early in the story, and we’re mostly basing this off message board posts, so it could be a much bigger deal (not that one dude raping 15 women isn’t pretty fucking significant by itself, just saying it might not be enough to fire him for cause yet). I don’t want this to be a bigger story, because A) that means there are many more victims, and less importantly, B) I don’t want them to have an easy way out of that contract

I think any real investigation will uncover a hell of a lot more than just this, not saying rape culture, but the other dirty shit they have been up to. Jimbo bunkering during a real investigation and threatening the administration if they fire him is the best outcome we could hope for.

• Hook 'Em 1

^^ Eh. Maybe. For now, this sounds like a criminal investigation into a single kid. Several more players would probably have to come under scrutiny before an investigation would have the scope of reaching all aspects of the program. Doubt B/CS police are very motivated to do more than the bare minimum necessary unless/until outside entities force their hand. To be clear, I’m not excusing anything, I’m just not optimistic that the school or local PD will voluntarily do the right thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

And all the dates I’ve seen for police reports are within the last week or so.

Two victims reported that they were sexually assaulted on Jan. 18, 2023 at an off-campus apartment. 

On Jan. 27, 2023, the Texas A&M University Police Department (UPD) received information regarding another sexual assault that was reported to a Campus Security Authority involving the same suspect.

The victim reported that she was sexually assaulted on Jan. 18, 2022 at her off-campus home. 

Either there is a typo in the report, or this motherfucker had a rape anniversary. Going back to his high school years might not be such a crazy thought.

I don't know if it's related to the current rapes, but a few months ago there was a guy who assaulted 2 or 3 women and was spotted on security cameras trying to break into apartments.  I don't remember anything else being reported about him being caught.  https://www.kbtx.com/2022/11/08/bryan-police-looking-home-security-camera-clips-hunt-attacker/

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The lack of self awareness of Briles when he made that statement was truly mind boggling 

Not to get off track but Briles continued to use his catchy little recruiting enticement phrase, "Getcha Some'" 7 days before his termination and as the Baylor internal investigation into multiple assaults ands rapes was raging full force. Dude just didn't get it, ever. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:52 PM, Tex Pete said:

What? That’s not weird. When I was at UT, the rule was that if Bevo shot on the floor in class, class was dismissed. Was that not the case for y’all?

I mean sure, Bevo doesn’t actually live in Austin and is rarely on campus and doesn’t fit through a classroom door, but…

They're children.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

All just a silly misunderstanding.

Aggy is of course a venerated and highly respected institute with a rich military history, so years ago "squeeze your privates" referred to simply holding a lower ranking soldier closely and tightly, such as for comfort during a scary movie, for warmth when the bonfire wasn't built quite so large and structurally sound as it was in later years, or just for when one's sheep was being unavailable while being treated for worms.

Once aggy had women incorporated into the school, and they were told they should try to interact with them, they altered slightly but kept the tradition of "squeeze your privates" as an important part of aggy life and turdition.

• Haha 2

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Well, yeah. Baylor and TCU have at least a shared conference championship this century. Tech has won 11 of the last 17 against A&M. 

Name three schools with more success in the last decade on the field or court than A&M.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Does aggy still co-brand everything SEC or is that not happening any longer since UT and OU are joining?

The butthurt over there regarding Texas to the SEC is funny on many levels. The sense of betrayal and belief that somehow SEC was going to not take freakin' Texas when presented with that chance is hilarious. The SEC new car smell sure has faded.