• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3364755

Only took to the third post:

lotoarmy

AG

They [NCAA] do, however, march to the tune of the sips.

Sips are behind this. Trust me, been there and seen it. They have to derail us, just as they are coming in to the SEC! And, yes, they have that kind of power.
Last of the Old Army

Game Of Thrones Wow GIF by SoulPancake

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3364755

Only took to the third post:

lotoarmy

AG

They [NCAA] do, however, march to the tune of the sips.

Sips are behind this. Trust me, been there and seen it. They have to derail us, just as they are coming in to the SEC! And, yes, they have that kind of power.
Last of the Old Army

I trust him.  He's been there and seen it.

• Haha 5

I'm no legal eagle or NCAA compliance savant, but my entire professional career has been in higher education, and even I know that you can't run any NIL activities through the university foundation.  It's not far enough removed from the institution.  It's not rocket science on how to set up legal NIL entities that pass the smell test...the first rule being it has to be completely independent of the university in every possible aspect.  Only Aggy could be so dumb to think they could run NIL through their foundation.

But aggy is aggy to their foundation, until it collapses, like…
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2023 at 3:10 PM, Uncle Nate said:

Only aggy could be so dumb to think they could run NIL through their foundation.

look you stupid sip.  the only way to funnel AUF payments to aggy athletes is to use the same bank account used to pay bonds on the satellite dish

john sharp it 2 steps ahead of the sips!

If Jimbo wasn't taking up so much Hurricane Harvey relief funds for himself aggy would have the #1 class every year.

Maybe they could persuade Bilbo to "restructure" things a bit so he can set up his son, Candi+boytoys and Karen Key Largo with more generational wealth than they can possibly squander AND land some more 5* players as well?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I hope Jimbo quits. He is doing a great job there and has them on the cusp of a championship. I would fire Sark for Jimbo. But the school east of us locked him up with a great contract. Darn farmers outfought us on this one.

I don't think either are worth a shit.  But at least we can fire ours without paying $80 million and he's not building a house of cards roster with mercs and no regard to character fit.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

I hope Jimbo quits. He is doing a great job there and has them on the cusp of a championship. I would fire Sark for Jimbo. But the school east of us locked him up with a great contract. Darn farmers outfought us on this one.

Shhhhhh, don't tell them stuff like this. We've almost got them tricked into getting rid of one of the few active coaches with a national championship!

Maybe we should still trying going after him. They might have to re-up his contract to keep that sitting championship winning coach.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, statsman said:

The truthful answers are:

1. TAMU gets 1/3 of the PUF because Texas BoR agreed to give them that almost 90 years ago, out of a spirit of collegiality. 
2. TAMU is in the AAU because Texas sponsored and guided them 30 years ago. 

Somewhere in the Ag organizational structure, there are elements that know to ask Texas for help when they need it. I assume they have to keep a low profile. 

I can’t think of an example where Texas needed help from TAMU and received it. 

And if memory serves me correctly - they bitched about UTIMCO and how it was named.  Initially it was the University of Texas Investment Management Company.  After aggy complained, they altered the name to be the University of Texas/Texas A&M Investment Management Company.  Truly little man syndrome on display.

26 minutes ago, BRLA said:

And if memory serves me correctly - they bitched about UTIMCO and how it was named.  Initially it was the University of Texas Investment Management Company.  After aggy complained, they altered the name to be the University of Texas/Texas A&M Investment Management Company.  Truly little man syndrome on display.

How about the “Texas A&M Forestry Service,” so named because they were jealous that the University Interscholastic League is “named” after us? It used to be the “Texas Forest Service.”

I get that we are the university in the name, but no one with a brain would read that name and be jealous of that word. It’s as stupid as being upset that College Station, Texas is named after Texas A&M. 

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

How about the “Texas A&M Forestry Service,” so named because they were jealous that the University Interscholastic League is “named” after us? It used to be the “Texas Forest Service.”

I get that we are the university in the name, but no one with a brain would read that name and be jealous of that word. It’s as stupid as being upset that College Station, Texas is named after Texas A&M. 

I’m surprised aggy haven’t tried to upgrade the name of that one horse town to “University Station”.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I like the University Lands logo. I imagine that some aggy demanded that there be some maroon on there, and we obliged, but it was ensured that it remained 2/3 orange:

3b821844879846efb602cbf8b5214675.jpg

It's not fair that they got the whole tree.  Although, I bet there aren't any actual trees on the land.

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I bet 90% of state has no clue the UIL falls under the UT umbrella or care.  

aggy and their inferiority complex is hilarious .  I never had a reason to spend a lot of time in the Medical Center area in Houston until just recently due visits to MD Anderson and my wife’s treatment.  Thus I didn’t  know aggy had presence there until we drove down a couple of blocks from the bulk of the center and saw their building.    Can’t miss it because it has their athletic branding logo on the building .   The only thing missing from it is “Saw’em off.”    Imagine how they would be in an uproar if the UT BOR decided to put the Longhorn logo on all the UT properties in the area.      

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, statsman said:

OK, I can think of an example where Texas needed the Ags for help- Bevo. As I understand it, it’s an Aggie family that takes care of Bevo. 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/how-an-austin-area-family-became-the-owners-of-ut-mascot-bevo/269-609600767

The Baker family of the Sunrise Ranch in Williamson County own Bevo. Betty Baker is a Texas grad. 
Don’t know about her husband John.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I like the University Lands logo. I imagine that some aggy demanded that there be some maroon on there, and we obliged, but it was ensured that it remained 2/3 orange:

3b821844879846efb602cbf8b5214675.jpg

they are lucky they get a single tree at all

we are now less than 3 months away from the 100th anniversary of Our Largesse

here's the Texon field soon after the 28 May 1923 date when Santa Rita #1 came in:

texonsantarita1field.thumb.jpg.4092a192abf69a0aa5fa5a83d09bb9fa.jpg

UTIMCO exists soley by fiat and tradition

here's the relevant section from aggypedia:

Spoiler

Attempts to End Branch College Status

Governor Thomas Campbell’s January 1909 plea for greater efficiency in all state agencies and his May 1909 veto of construction appropriations for A&M, served as the catalysts for the separation of the agricultural branch college from the University. On January 14, 1909, Campbell observed that the State possessed more colleges and course offerings than it could financially support. The Legislature, UT, A&M, and the teachers’ colleges, needed to administer higher education more efficiently through institutional consolidation or increased coordination of academic programs. Although the addition of new teachers colleges and regional state colleges placed a heavy financial burden upon the State, it was UT and A&M that posed the biggest financial obligations.

A&M had requested $95,500 from the Legislature to build one student residence hall, five faculty cottages, one central heating plant, and a small addition to the chemistry department. The Legislature approved A&M’s budget, but Governor Campbell vetoed these construction items. Citing Section 13, Article 7 of the Texas Constitution, Campbell declared that A&M was not entitled to general funds for the purposes of construction since it was a branch of UT. Outraged, A&M President Milner wrote Campbell in October and called for meetings to discuss a legal separation from UT. Milner argued that the majority of Texans favored an amendment that would separate the two institutions. The Farmers’ Congress was decisively in favor A&M’s independence and Milner was receiving letters in favor of the divorce every day.

In November 1909, the UT Regents and the A&M Directors met to discuss plans to effect a separation. The meeting produced a recommendation for an amendment that would establish a new, state-wide tax to fund infrastructure at A&M. UT would retain 100% of its Permanent University Fund to fund infrastructure development and also continue to be entitled to appropriations by the legislature to meet operating expenses. The recommendation was forwarded to the Legislature in 1911 where the matter expired without being acted upon.

After the initial proposal to separate the two institutions failed, representatives from UT and A&M met to discuss how to proceed with a second attempt. A&M representatives proposed a constitutional amendment that would separate the two institutions and equally divide the one million acres allotted to the UT endowment in Article Seven, Section Fifteen of the Constitution of 1876. When the representatives reconvened the next day, the A&M Directors announced that they were willing to surrender their claim to 500,000 acres of University lands. To provide funding, the college’s representatives again proposed a tax for the college’s support. Governor Oscar Colquitt urged the Legislature to draft a constitutional amendment to separate UT and A&M and institute the proposed tax to support not only A&M, but all of the state’s public colleges. A group of eight legislators introduced House Bill Seventy-Three during the Thirty-Second Legislature in 1911 to provide for this ad valorem tax, but the Senate defeated the measure.

University and the agricultural branch college administrators continued to advocate separation in 1913. At this time, a group of twelve legislators issued a proposal to have the University absorb its agricultural branch college into its main campus. The plan was to then convert the A&M campus into an insane asylum. The group used historical, environmental, and economic evidence to support their arguments. They obtained the support of former A&M Presidents David Houston (then U.S. Secretary of Agriculture) and H.H. Harrington. Houston cited A&M’s location as its greatest obstacle both educationally and agriculturally. College Station was recognized as being geographically and intellectually isolated. Poor soil in the Brazos Valley prevented adequate experimentation. The group obtained statements from the State Cattle Raisers’ Association and the Short-Horn Breeders’ Association to show that A&M had failed to graduate enough practical farmers or to produce any significant and useful agricultural research.

The group of twelve reasoned that A&M’s location precipitated the troublesome number of behavioral problems common with the college’s students and faculty. One aspect of aggy culture, that both faculty members and students over-dramatized their problems, was noted by the group and attributed to the intellectual isolation of the campus (this aspect of aggy culture is as prevalent today as it was over 100 years ago). Behavioral problems aside, it was recognized Austin possessed superior land, climate, water, transportation, and intellectual stimulation (this, too, is as true today as it was over 100 years ago). In support of their proposition, the legislators cited an article from the March 21, 1913 edition of the Dallas Morning News, which argued that all parties involved seemed to be in favor of the consolidation plan with the exception of A&M President Milner and a handful of former A&M students. William Trenckmann, A&M Class of ’79 and former president of the A&M Directors, issued a statement in favor of eventual consolidation.

The state legislature took up the issue in 1915 and crafted the Sackett Amendment (House Joint Resolution 34). The Sackett Amendment legally separated the two institutions, established a tax similar to the one proposed in 1911, and received the support of UT and A&M representatives. In the end, the legislation was passed by the legislature but the citizens defeated the constitutional proposition.[36]

The two governing boards again joined forces with the Legislature in 1919 to draft yet another proposed constitutional amendment. House Joint Resolution 29 separated the two institutions and gave A&M one-third and UT two-thirds of the university endowment. Far fewer citizens participated, but the results were the same. The people voted against the proposition.[37]

By 1920, efforts to separate the two institutions were right where they were in 1909. Since 1920, whenever the subject of separating the two institutions has been brought up, those loyal to Texas A&M have refused to allow the subject to even be discussed in the legislature. A&M’s “little brother” status as a branch of The University of Texas, once a point of contention, seems to be something those loyal to A&M have come to hold quite near and dear and it seems clear they will never readily give it up. To this day, no constitutional amendment to separate the two institutions has been approved by the voters and constitutionally, Texas A&M University remains a branch of the University of Texas of Austin.

here's the last paragraph:

+++

"By 1920, efforts to separate the two institutions were right where they were in 1909. Since 1920, whenever the subject of separating the two institutions has been brought up, those loyal to Texas A&M have refused to allow the subject to even be discussed in the legislature. A&M’s “little brother” status as a branch of The University of Texas, once a point of contention, seems to be something those loyal to A&M have come to hold quite near and dear and it seems clear they will never readily give it up. To this day, no constitutional amendment to separate the two institutions has been approved by the voters and constitutionally, Texas A&M University remains a branch of the University of Texas of Austin."

+++

I wonder why that is.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, statsman said:

The truthful answers are:

1. TAMU gets 1/3 of the PUF because Texas BoR agreed to give them that almost 90 years ago, out of a spirit of collegiality. 
2. TAMU is in the AAU because Texas sponsored and guided them 30 years ago. 

Somewhere in the Ag organizational structure, there are elements that know to ask Texas for help when they need it. I assume they have to keep a low profile. 

I can’t think of an example where Texas needed help from TAMU and received it. 

They are quite helpful. Whenever we need an example of how not to do something, they are right there, 90 miles away, ready to provide an object lesson.

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not everything can be an internet poll.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4