Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

21 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

It's well known they hate each other.j6iopg1uni041.jpg

Geez...why do you need a raincoat for a dog. It's a fucking dog. I love dogs, but they've survived in the wild for ages without needed a raincoat. But then again, probably not a lot of corps members trying to jizz on them in the wild...well...outside of the College Station area. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Geez...why do you need a raincoat for a dog. It's a fucking dog. I love dogs, but they've survived in the wild for ages without needed a raincoat. But then again, probably not a lot of corps members trying to jizz on them in the wild...well...outside of the College Station area. 

aggy

How do they get 5 home and 3 away conference games? How do they STILL not have to play Georgia 
Wait, this will be aggys 11th season in the SEC and we have played Georgia more recently? How does the SEC cross division scheduling work? Now I'm curious how many games they have versus each program in the East

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 5/6/2023 at 7:47 AM, JesusSweatDuck said:

? Now I'm curious how many games they have versus each program in the East

I was curious as well.

Taking away the 2020 season for C19, it is an odd list.

Florida - 3
Mizzou - 5
Vandy - 2
USCe - 9
TN - 1
KY - 1
GA - 1

They complain about the secsecsec treating them like stepchildren, but in reality they have bent over backwards with their scheduling in East. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

I was curious as well.

Taking away the 2020 season for C19, it is an odd list.

Florida - 3
Mizzou - 5
Vandy - 2
USCe - 9
TN - 1
KY - 1
GA - 1

They complain about the secsecsec treating them like stepchildren, but in reality they have bent over backwards with their scheduling in East. 

It shows the SEC doesn’t think about them at all. 

“Sir, this is Billy from the Texas aggies.”

”The what?”

”The Texas aggies.”

”Is that a virus?”

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

The T stands for "Texasanm."

#texasanm #fightintexasanmaggies

CSB alert.  My sister-in-law is a picker/antique dealer. She spotted an antique Buddy Lee doll in a football helmet, gold pants, white jersey with a maroon T on the front, and leather helmet at an estate auction a few years ago.   The deceased owner of the doll was an elderly (late 80's) veterinarian.  Being a smartie, she reckoned that the doll must have some relationship to Texas A&M since the preponderance of vets in Texas are aggy.  She waited all day in the chill central Texas February for a chance to bid on the little feller.  Her plan was to bid up to $300.  When the doll soared past that point, she picked up her things and prepared to leave.  On an impulse, she turned and shouted "$400".  The other bidder tipped his hat and  exited the auction. She knows that aggy is a little different, and was counting on that weirdness to make a profit.  Five days later, she sold the doll on Ebay to somebody in Tokyo for just under $8000.  There had been a spirited back and forth between the two bidders-one in Tokyo, Japan, the other in Conroe, Texas. (imagine that). The doll apparently dated back to around 1900, when the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas first fielded a team. You guessed it-they sported a big maroon "T" on their jerseys.  

Edited by bmbmd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, bmbmd said:

CSB alert.  My sister-in-law is a picker/antique dealer. She spotted an antique Buddy Lee doll in a football helmet, gold pants, white jersey with a maroon T on the front, and leather helmet at an estate auction a few years ago.   The deceased owner of the doll was an elderly (late 80's) veterinarian.  Being a smartie, she reckoned that the doll must have some relationship to Texas A&M since the proponderance of vets in Texas are aggy.  She waited all day in the chill central Texas February for a chance to bid on the little feller.  Her plan was to bid up to $300.  When the doll soared past that point, she picked up her things and prepared to leave.  On an impulse, she turned and shouted "$400".  The other bidder tipped his hat and  exited the auction. She knows that aggy is a little different, and was counting on that weirdness to make a profit.  Five days later, she sold the doll on Ebay to somebody in Tokyo for just under $8000.  There had been a spirited back and forth between the two bidders-one in Tokyo, Japan, the other in Conroe, Texas. (imagine that). The doll apparently dated back to around 1900, when the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas first fielded a team. You guessed it-they sported a big maroon "T" on their jerseys.  

gold pants?

searching the intertrons for "texum aggy 1900 uniform colors" (spelled in a way that google recognizes) returns nothing...   however, i did find something I did not see at the time, i'm guessing many others saw this.....  but it is fucking goald especially coming from gbh:

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2020/12/28/22201763/adidas-creates-completely-original-look-for-texas-a-m-aggies-orange-bowl-uniform-fake-photoshop

they so want to be us:

Screenshot 2023-05-08 195959.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-08 200105.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-08 200020.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

CSB alert.  My sister-in-law is a picker/antique dealer. She spotted an antique Buddy Lee doll in a football helmet, gold pants, white jersey with a maroon T on the front, and leather helmet at an estate auction a few years ago.   The deceased owner of the doll was an elderly (late 80's) veterinarian.  Being a smartie, she reckoned that the doll must have some relationship to Texas A&M since the preponderance of vets in Texas are aggy.  She waited all day in the chill central Texas February for a chance to bid on the little feller.  Her plan was to bid up to $300.  When the doll soared past that point, she picked up her things and prepared to leave.  On an impulse, she turned and shouted "$400".  The other bidder tipped his hat and  exited the auction. She knows that aggy is a little different, and was counting on that weirdness to make a profit.  Five days later, she sold the doll on Ebay to somebody in Tokyo for just under $8000.  There had been a spirited back and forth between the two bidders-one in Tokyo, Japan, the other in Conroe, Texas. (imagine that). The doll apparently dated back to around 1900, when the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas first fielded a team. You guessed it-they sported a big maroon "T" on their jerseys.  
And this is why we can never clean up our uniform look by removing the Texas on the front. The moment we do that their AD will be on the phone to Adidas and the very next game they will be wearing TEXAS with a tiny microscopic "a&m" underneath.
  • Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, bmbmd said:

And this is why we can never clean up our uniform look by removing the Texas on the front. The moment we do that their AD will be on the phone to Adidas and the very next game they will be wearing TEXAS with a tiny microscopic "a&m" underneath.

They already have something microscopic underneath. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

They don't want to beat us.
They want to be us.
TSRH ^^^
They will never admit it and a lot of their conference mates are too dumb to see it, but they would be happy if the University of Texas ceased to exist. They truly believe the mission of the University of Texas at Austin is to hold aggy back from fulfilling their great potential.

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

FvoJe85WYA4LkHz?format=png&name=large

21 july 21

a date which will live in infamy - the day the gentlemen's handshake agreement was stabbed in the back by a barbarossa blitzkrieg right up aggy's well-oiled ass

it was a wednesday at the sec meetings

lunch break

bjork has been texting furiously with talkiebird

talkiebird summons zwerneman and the spontaneous bjork presser happens

the next 70 hours are nonstop groid wailing like stuck pigs

at 1030am saturday morning talkiebird gets the call

from snakey, disney, jimmy hoffa, doesn't matter

message delivered

sit down, shut the fuck up, or face the consequences

within less than 15 minutes looch commands the troops to undertake a 180-degree turn and suddenly aggy support is universal, how dare it have ever been questioned, and thank you sir may i have another, sip to sec is good for aggy, the past 70 hours never happened......

note that "we let them in on condition the first game is at pyle" and "we let them in on condition we don't have to play them" DID NOT APPEAR in the aggy narrative until more than a year had passed....  how is that possible?

kind of like how they left because of the lhn which wasn't announced until after they had already agreed to leave, which we knew at the time to be true, and which was confirmed by bowtie in his book......

groid to the b1g?

goddamn these fuckers are panicking

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I know Aggie is the king of hive think, but I still find it weird how on the on hand they say they've transcended us via the immaculate hundred-year decision, but on the other hand they're so pathetically desperate to be acknowledged as our primary rival.

I was on a business trip the other day and had dinner with a group that included an Aggy. Out of nowhere, he brings up Oklahoma and insists they could never match our rivalry with A&M. He just wouldn't quit, so I finally explained it to him. In my lifetime, Texas and OU have both been in the Top 25 when they played more than thirty times. They've both been in the Top 10 almost twenty. That makes for games that really feel important. A&m and Texas have both been in the Top 25 when the played less than ten times. They've both been in the Top Ten once, almost fifty years ago. That makes for games you play because they're on the schedule. Now admittedly some of that is a whim of scheduling. Texas and OU play early with less chance to have shit the bed on a season already, while Texas and A&M play at the end. But it is what it is. Oklahoma is a rivalry because you feel it in your bones, remember the great wins and the heartbreaking losses. A&M is a rivalry because you're told it is.

The guy looked like he was going to cry.

WTF?

46 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I know Aggie is the king of doublethink, but I still find it weird how on the on hand they say they've transcended us via the immaculate hundred-year decision, but on the other hand they're so pathetically desperate to be acknowledged as our primary rival.

I was on a business trip the other day and had dinner with a group that included an Aggy. Out of nowhere, he brings up Oklahoma and insists they could never match our rivalry with A&M. He just wouldn't quit, so I finally explained it to him. In my lifetime, Texas and OU have both been in the Top 25 when they played more than thirty times. They've both been in the Top 10 almost twenty. That makes for games that really feel important. A&m and Texas have both been in the Top 25 when the played less than ten times. They've both been in the Top Ten once, almost fifty years ago. That makes for games you play because they're on the schedule. Now admittedly some of that is a whim of scheduling. Texas and OU play early with less chance to have shit the bed on a season already, while Texas and A&M play at the end. But it is what it is. Oklahoma is a rivalry because you feel it in your bones, remember the great wins and the heartbreaking losses. A&M is a rivalry because you're told it is.

The guy looked like he was going to cry.

WTF?

aggy is a prison sentence that you look forward to with FEAR *AND* LOATHING