Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

20 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yes it's over

TAMU_BioBio.jpeg

I don't know if it's sad or funny that I can't tell if this is a picture of a building on aggy's campus, or the federal prison where Ms. Holmes will be spending the next decade, or so.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Liz-Holmes.jpg

My wife watched the Netflix or whatever documentary on her. I don’t have time for that. Holmes’s dad was O&G, IIRC. Anyone know if he is/was aggy?

Edited by nnm

I know the dad headed up a division at Enron for awhile leading up to the fraud/bankruptcy.  I know you're not supposed to judge without evidence, but given the DNA in that family, I'm gonna assume he was in on it.  But no, no ties to Aggie...they're old-school East Coast money.  Didn't realize a few generations back, the family was part of the Fleischmann's yeast empire.  That was a huge company in its time.  

Anyway, there's an Elizabeth Holmes' blood test machines didn't defraud anyone, they just ran out of time!  Or ran out of blood.  Dammit, I had something for this. 

The Netflix mini-series was pretty well done.  But yeah, it's really drawn out and long, but when it hums, it's a good watch.  It was very accurate from a VC/PE standpoint, the science was over my head.  The lasting takeaway though is that actress does a great job parroting Holmes.  But the back half of it, I don't know if it was like wink-wink inside baseball.  Because she becomes so unstable and dramatic and unhinged, like it was an ironic stab at Holmes like I'm gonna be this melodramatic because she was but don't think we're going over the top because we're already way over the top.  If that makes sense.  I can't remember the actress but she was brilliant in it .

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:16 AM, YGIFS said:

I just assumed the Corps members changed costumes after half-time to help people find their way out after another loss.  

Serious question, no diatribe or sarcasm---what the fuck with the Challenger t-shirts?  Is it just some kinda retro 80's hipster looking deal with them or some attempt at a Space Force/Military connection?  Even for those goofy fucks, that's just a weird thing to mass print and wear for official university photographs.  I mean, that is a tragic memory for any American my age or older.  What the fuck is the context?  I only know like 4 Aggies (thank you, Jesus) so I don't have anyone to ask.  

On 5/18/2023 at 8:25 AM, Longboard Horn said:

I'll have to do some research. When it comes to the Challenger shirts most ags don't even know what it means. My 2%er brother attended A&M on a full ride scholarship(thank God he wasn't in the corps) and knows nothing about their stupidity because being as smart as he is, he avoided them like the plague. The space shuttle t-shirt with the word challenger is very distasteful, but aggy as usual is unaware and lacks that knowledge.

The Challenger 17 Squadron, a squadron of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, was formed in 1986 as the “Challenger Seven.” Each member of the squadron represents one of the seven astronauts who died aboard Challenger — with the idea of the cadets serving as a living memorial.

https://roundupreads.jsc.nasa.gov/roundup/1862#:~:text=The Challenger 17 Squadron%2C a,serving as a living memorial.

I'm sorry, but those folks on the Challenger didn't die to be a memorial like this. If anything, it's disrespectful. 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:21 AM, Mittens said:

image.thumb.png.9631bc78b006c15996512752fdb44fa1.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

That's just fucking weird, even for them.  I'm sure it was started with good intentions to honor fallen explorers sailing into space for the benefit of all Americans.  But goofy ass poses, with cigars, and moronic hand gestures?  That's how you commemorate them?  The dumbest fucking Texans.  

Also, I have to ask for the 137th time.  It says Squadron 17 is the Corp of Cadets.  But their flag says ROTC.  I know some of them actually do take the ROTC route, and I applaud them for that in all seriousness.  But I can see the Corps of Cadets signing off on this goofy shitshow.  But for ROTC to be involved in official program photographs that are fo flippant and borderline disrespectful, that's unnerving.  

Think about that giant memorial in the NW corner of DRK-TMS.  I see ROTC classes taking photographs in front of it all the time.  Sometimes in formation and full dress, other times just a solo one with their parents or whatever.  If you were to drive by and see a half platoon of them with their sleeves rolled up, cigars, and a thumbs up...you'd probably be embarrassed for our program.  

But therein lies the magic of Aggie.  When you can feel no shame, anything is possible  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

The Challenger 17 Squadron, a squadron of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, was formed in 1986 as the “Challenger Seven.” Each member of the squadron represents one of the seven astronauts who died aboard Challenger — with the idea of the cadets serving as a living memorial.

I'm sorry, but those folks on the Challenger didn't die to be a memorial like this. If anything, it's disrespectful. 

Jesus, Mary and Joseph...these assclowns will leech on to anything in order to reflect more "honor" on themselves.  The epitome of stolen honor.  They are such an embarrassment to the State of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That's just fucking weird, even for them.  I'm sure it was started with good intentions to honor fallen explorers sailing into space for the benefit of all Americans.  But goofy ass poses, with cigars, and moronic hand gestures?  That's how you commemorate them?  The dumbest fucking Texans.  

Also, I have to ask for the 137th time.  It says Squadron 17 is the Corp of Cadets.  But their flag says ROTC.  I know some of them actually do take the ROTC route, and I applaud them for that in all seriousness.  But I can see the Corps of Cadets signing off on this goofy shitshow.  But for ROTC to be involved in official program photographs that are fo flippant and borderline disrespectful, that's unnerving.  

Think about that giant memorial in the NW corner of DRK-TMS.  I see ROTC classes taking photographs in front of it all the time.  Sometimes in formation and full dress, other times just a solo one with their parents or whatever.  If you were to drive by and see a half platoon of them with their sleeves rolled up, cigars, and a thumbs up...you'd probably be embarrassed for our program.  

But therein lies the magic of Aggie.  When you can feel no shame, anything is possible  

I believe I saw something about how each CT has to start with a year or two in ROTC, and then can opt out.  Not sure if the band corps members have the same requirement.  Apparently, they let the actual military people teach them to drill and such.  Can only imagine what a circus it would be if aggy were left to their own devices for training.  

If any of you are wondering what Elizabeth Holmes federal prison facility is like in Bryan, here is a link. 
Honestly, it looks nicer than a lot of the A&M campus. 
Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-9-20-39-AM.png
Club Fed indeed

Oh and yes, less austere and imposing than anything on the aggy campus.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

If any of you are wondering what Elizabeth Holmes federal prison facility is like in Bryan, here is a link. 

Honestly, it looks nicer than a lot of the A&M campus. 

Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-9-20-39-AM.png

I expect increased traffic in the “Meet an inmate” thread.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

image.thumb.png.98c961b24593edd21f9efefbdd7d0ac5.png

Love how he juxtaposes crying over spilled milk with a stunning level of self awareness.

quick reminder they lost to Florida by 3 points (20-17) after being up 17-10 at halftime. their second half went:

• 3 and out
  • 3 and out
  • 4 and out
  • 3 and out
  • 3 plays and a fumble
  • 7 plays, ending in a put from the AM 39 - then Florida kneeled it from the A&M 27 to end the game

LSU: they lost 24-19 after it being behind 14-13 at the half

second half:

• punt (6 plays for 17 yards)
  • INT (6 for 37)
  • missed FG (4 plays for 14 yards)
  • missed FG (3 plays for 2 yards)
  • INT (5 for 29)
  • rushing TD  with 1:55 left (9 for 80)
  • lateral play to end the game when down 24-19

they had every opportunity and failed in both of those games

if they want to talk what if's that same year they beat Ole Miss by 3 points, La Tech by 2 point and Bama by 5 points.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

quick reminder they lost to Florida by 3 points (20-17) after being up 17-10 at halftime. their second half went:

• 3 and out
  • 3 and out
  • 4 and out
  • 3 and out
  • 3 plays and a fumble
  • 7 plays, ending in a put from the AM 39 - then Florida kneeled it from the A&M 27 to end the game

LSU: they lost 24-19 after it being behind 14-13 at the half

second half:

• punt (6 plays for 17 yards)
  • INT (6 for 37)
  • missed FG (4 plays for 14 yards)
  • missed FG (3 plays for 2 yards)
  • INT (5 for 29)
  • rushing TD  with 1:55 left (9 for 80)
  • lateral play to end the game when down 24-19

they had every opportunity and failed in both of those games

if they want to talk what if's that same year they beat Ole Miss by 3 points, La Tech by 2 point and Bama by 5 points.

Not to mention they would have had to jump minimum 3 11-1 teams in the polls (Alabama, Oregon, & Kansas State) and a 4th had their win been vs LSU instead.

Pretty sure the BCS computers would have matched either Alabama or Oregon up against Notre Dumb based on their preseason rankings (2 & 5) vs TAMU's preseason UR

The gomer's only path forwards was to win out which they failed to do but at least they still got their best szn since 1939

Side note: Today is as far away from 1/1/1940 as 8/3/1856 which means the two ongoing wars of the time were Bleeding Kansas & The Third Seminole War

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

In a few years, after AI has overtaken humanity and we're all reduced to slave status, this thread will still be going strong.

Actually, aggie is kind of our ace in the hole against AI.  It "learns" from it's inputs, so it learning and incorporating aggie stupidity may be our only hope to defeat it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, General Specific said:

If they would only use 15 “hats” on their other head…

Speaking of "hats"....LSU football getting air-conditioned helmets!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/lsu-football-players-shows-off-new-air-conditioned-helmets-and-college-football-fans-are-amazed/ar-AA1bX1lK?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3308345dcf884ee5821a0e6fd38b6943&ei=39

as we near a vote in the sec meetings, i am posting this here as a "free parking" spot.....

"We want to be the only SEC team from the state of Texas," Bjork said, per Sports Illustrated reporter Ross Dellenger. "There's a reason why Texas A&M left the Big 12 — to stand alone and have our own identity. That's our feeling."  Wednesday, 21 July 21

I clicked but lots of pop ups.

Air whisking around 1 inch from your ears seems like a lot of noise.
  • Haha 1

Is that like saying if the Horns beat either ND or Georgia in the Cotton and Bama in the Rose, the Horns would’ve won it all? No, but close, as we were at least “in the game” that would’ve won The Championship, if they’d won the game!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

It is actually pretty sad they left the B12 that year because they likely would have gone undefeated and then had to watch Alabama frog stomp Notre Dumb then sit around with an actual what if fully undefeated season and still be looking back at 1/1/1940 thinking what if Lennay Kekua was real.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

It is actually pretty sad they left the B12 that year because they likely would have gone undefeated and then had to watch Alabama frog stomp Notre Dumb then sit around with an actual what if fully undefeated season and still be looking back at 1/1/1940 thinking what if Lennay Kekua was real.

Wtf?

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wtf?

Imagine Aggy having gone undefeated only to have not played for the national championship and for the team to have lost that national championship game having been forced to vacate all their wins later on down the road. That would have been the ultimate nut punch not sure why that is so hard to grasp....