• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

17 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

UMASS fan here.  Traveled down to College Station with my family to watch the game, as my school doesn't often play college football juggernauts such as A&M.  Got a bit lost going to the stadium, as we were following a long line of cars that happened to be a parade for the meat judging championship, and not traffic to game.  Luckily, some friendly Aggies pointed us in the right direction and we were on our way!  I was immediately blown away when I entered the stadium...it's an atmosphere unlike anything I've ever seen before.  We took our seats and the kids were having trouble seeing over the students in front of us.  They must have overheard the commotion because moments later, they invited us to sit down in the empty row in front of them...Aggies really are a class act!  The action was a little slow, so we chatted with the Aggie students about how both A&M and UMASS could easily beat Texas this year, and we also discussed the many Aggie traditions, which were fascinating to learn about.  The game didn't turn out as we hoped, but thanks again for the amazing hospitality and we wish we could have a rematch next November instead of A&M playing Abilene Christian.

What about your kids?  Are you going to send them to aggie?  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

UMASS fan here.  Traveled down to College Station with my family to watch the game, as my school doesn't often play college football juggernauts such as A&M.  Got a bit lost going to the stadium, as we were following a long line of cars that happened to be a parade for the meat judging championship, and not traffic to game.  Luckily, some friendly Aggies pointed us in the right direction and we were on our way!  I was immediately blown away when I entered the stadium...it's an atmosphere unlike anything I've ever seen before.  We took our seats and the kids were having trouble seeing over the students in front of us.  They must have overheard the commotion because moments later, they invited us to sit down in the empty row in front of them...Aggies really are a class act!  The action was a little slow, so we chatted with the Aggie students about how both A&M and UMASS could easily beat Texas this year, and we also discussed the many Aggie traditions, which were fascinating to learn about.  The game didn't turn out as we hoped, but thanks again for the amazing hospitality and we wish we could have a rematch next November instead of A&M playing Abilene Christian.

You forgot to mention that you had never seen so many great fried chicken finger restaurants in one city before!  And all of the dipping sauces were just amazing!

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

UMASS fan here.  Traveled down to College Station with my family to watch the game, as my school doesn't often play college football juggernauts such as A&M.  Got a bit lost going to the stadium, as we were following a long line of cars that happened to be a parade for the meat judging championship, and not traffic to game.  Luckily, some friendly Aggies pointed us in the right direction and we were on our way!  Once we found the road to the stadium, it was smooth sailing! Those Aggies really no how to engineer traffic and parking because there was no traffic on the way to the stadium, and we got a parking space right up front! We've only experienced that when playing Brown or Cornell -- what a nice surprise to have that at an SEC powerhouse like A&M! 

I was immediately blown away when I entered the stadium...it's an atmosphere unlike anything I've ever seen before.  There were easily 8000 fans there! That dwarfs our UMASS gameday crowd by a cool 1200K. We took our seats and the kids were having trouble seeing over the students in front of us.  No problem, we just simply moved to the section to the right of us -- totally empty! Those Aggies really know how to treat guests, giving us literally 90,000 seats to choose from.

The action was a little slow, so we chatted with the Aggie students about how both A&M and UMASS could easily beat Texas this year, and we also discussed the many Aggie traditions, which were fascinating to learn about.  We all agreed that dealing with College Gameday, a constant parade of celebrities and musicians, top food and recreation options, and a blistering economy are all Austin headaches that we can do without! The game didn't turn out as we hoped, but thanks again for the amazing hospitality and we wish we could have a rematch next November instead of A&M playing Abilene Christian.

FIFY

Checking in on the four former Big-12 members:  A&M, Nebraska, and Colorado are officially ineligible to play in a bowl game and Missouri has to beat Arkansas to get into one.

So Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado and A&M ... how'd that work out for you?

I can ALMOST see why Missouri and A&M left even though neither has done jack shit since they moved to the SEC, but Nebraska and Colorado signed a death warrant when the moved.  Nebraska will never be relevant in football again. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Checking in on the four former Big-12 members:  A&M, Nebraska, and Colorado are officially ineligible to play in a bowl game and Missouri has to beat Arkansas to get into one.

I can ALMOST see why Missouri and A&M left even though neither has done jack shit since they moved to the SEC, but Nebraska and Colorado signed a death warrant when the moved.  Nebraska will never be relevant in football again. 

A&M wasn’t exactly lighting up the Big 12, one glorious Sirr Parker upset notwithstanding.

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

They can fuck right off with this "it was cold" shit.  I was at the Cotton Bowl and stayed through the 63-14 ass kicking in the sleet and rain wearing all the wrong clothes for rain & sleet.  Fuck me it was a freezing, miserable game that must have been the only time that place sold out of hot chocolate and coffee.

B/CS probably has the largest sales per capita in the world on Carhart jackets & Red Wing boots.  Suck it up.  Ags pooned out and stayed home, so stop with this "greatest fans" trope.  That ship sailed.  Their program sucks and now the whole world saw so do their fans.  

Same experience after the  undefeated 1977 season against Notre Dame. Drove on ice all the way to Waco then onto the Cotton bowl. It was in the 30s. Stunned we didn't win. A long lost moment of drama is Texas getting a final play in the first half. Erxleben was a good bet to make the long field goal, but Akers called a play. McEachern hit a receiver crossing the goal line for a remarkable TD. We had hope, but no dice. Earl grinded out his 100 yards, but it wasn't near enough.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Same experience after the  undefeated 1977 season against Notre Dame. Drove on ice all the way to Waco then onto the Cotton bowl. It was in the 30s. Stunned we didn't win. A long lost moment of drama is Texas getting a final play in the first half. Erxleben was a good bet to make the long field goal, but Akers called a play. McEachern hit a receiver crossing the goal line for a remarkable TD. We had hope, but no dice. Earl grinded out his 100 yards, but it wasn't near enough.

I was at that one, too. Ugh! My only other Cotton Bowl other than that was the 1991 beat down by the U. Never going to another Cotton Bowl again!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

I cracked up after the first sentence.

Never gets old.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

aggy fucking wishes they had Mizzou resume. Beat us on the way out the door and have at least won their division twice in the SEC.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

If my kids are able to meet the very stringent requirements for admission!

If they can finger paint without supervision. they will be just fine.

4 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

If my kids are able to meet the very stringent requirements for admission!

1 minute ago, salonghorn said:

2 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

… or not post duplicates, two.

3 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I wasn't going to watch the game on tv because UMASS, but did they just not show the stands all game ? 

You weren't going to watch the game on TV because it wasn't on TV.  Anywhere. 

Take that in... Most people probably have 15 channels that show college football, and not one was interested in showing this game.

• Hook 'Em 4