• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Zone Read said:

No bonfire this year.  

"Due to conditions on the new Stack Site and forecasted weather, we must postpone Burn for 2022. This was an incredibly hard decision to make, and a harder one to accept. We have inherited a reputation for accountability and safety built by Bonfire over the last 20 years, and we honor that every day. We know that this decision is in the best interest of participants, attendees, the local community, and the Tradition.

Bonfire Burn has Been Delayed for 2022

Safety and accountability?????

There's 12 kids and their families who would like a word with you brain dead fuck-heads.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

That's one of those when & where moments for me.  We were in that old Fry's up in north Austin on 183.  I got frustrated with the wife and kid and decided to watch the end of the A&M-Tech game.  That scene happened almost immediately when I started watching.  After a moment of silence, the dude next to me also watching asked, "Wait, what were those guys doing?"  
I said, "I think they were squeezing their balls and screaming."
He said, "That's an odd thing to do."
I laughed, "Well, we're talking about A&M here."

I was at my house watching and listening to Dave South’s broadcast because listening to him call aggy losses was my guilty pleasure.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Safety and accountability?????
There's 12 kids and their families who would like a word with you brain dead fuck-heads.

You must have never been informed that they are honoring the dead students by doing the same thing that killed them and if they didn’t, it would be like those kids died for nothing. Clear, linear logic.

Stupid sip.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Zone Read said:

No bonfire this year.  

"Due to conditions on the new Stack Site and forecasted weather, we must postpone Burn for 2022. This was an incredibly hard decision to make, and a harder one to accept. We have inherited a reputation for accountability and safety built by Bonfire over the last 20 years, and we honor that every day. We know that this decision is in the best interest of participants, attendees, the local community, and the Tradition.

Bonfire Burn has Been Delayed for 2022

Do not worry- aggy will find other ways to offer human sacrifices. LSU will help them with this need in a couple days.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I’m confused, why did they cancel the bonfire? It’s big stack of logs. What ever they have just light it on fire and keep people back far enough to be safe. Honestly puzzled here.

Did you see the stands against UMass? Their gullible fans are pissed and weren’t going to waste their time at a bonfire on Thanksgiving. That’s it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

A few years ago I put a sign up on my bulletin board at work for OU hate week.  It was titled "Hand Sign Meenings" and had a horns up sign labeled "Hook 'em Horns!" and a horns down sign labeled "I married my sister."  I had other stuff up in my office hating on OU, and had been talking about the upcoming game.  I noticed some of my aggy co-workers giving me the stink eye, but none of them said anything until Thursday, when one approached me and started in on that being about aggy and offensive to him.  I assured him that it was about Texas' real rival, and that if I meant to dog on aggy, I would use a thumbs down sign.  I then asked him why he assumed that it was about a team that Texas hadn't played in years.  He was rather tender about that, too.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
Proofreading before posting would be good.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I saw this posted on twitter and there's some good material. https://texags.com/forums/10/topics/3338312

Spoiler

*I don't know how our schools administration and athletic department can sit by as tu is just flat out dominating us in almost every single sport! Most sports we are average to below average and they are nearly ranked in every single thing. I hate it so much! But it doesn't bother our AD and his staff! They look cool on social media and their suits are well pressed so it's all good in Aggieland!

*I wouldn't say the athletic department is at all time lows as far as success on the field, however, this is probably the worst Fall sports (Football, Volleyball, Soccer) in school history, or at least since all three were being played (early 90s).

*I remembered when we moved to the SEC most of the women's programs (Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, Swimming) were top in the SEC. I agree we have fallen away badly. I also remembered us beating the sips several years in the Lone star showdown and now they have gone on to win the Director's cup.

*Many look only at football, I am one that looks at many, if not all of the sports. But I can't muster up the enthusiasm you have. I am a bit envious. I look at softball, soccer, volleyball...all down. Women's b-ball has floundered and is in a transition. I am not sure I have seen Aggie sports this low across the board...ever. We as a school (and business), have committed too much money, support, effort to our athletic programs to feel like we are getting a good value. Again, football stands out the most.
We are low or middle in the SEC in too many sports. I don't have a solution, just venting a bit, it's frustrating. I DO hope all the sports you mentioned excel, I will look for the silver lining with those sports.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1