• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Just for fun, I got into a back-and-forth on the twitter account yesterday with one of the ags who saw nothing questionable about  A&M's decision to wear "Texas aggys" uniforms Tuesday night when their baseball team was playing the "Texas Longhorns."

Keep in mind the aggy athletic apparel contract, a rough barometer of the ability of a school's brand to generate sales of branded apparel, is below that of The University of South Carolina, and just above North Carolina State. Neither are considered exceptionally high value brands. Of course, neither is aggy's "Texas A&M" brand.

They ags simply have no concept of brand management, or how building a recognized, national brand could help them expand both their academic recruiting, as well as their athletic recruiting. As things are, just under 96% of the aggy student body are Texas natives. Hardly a school that attracts the best and brightest from any demographic.

So, given an opportunity to showcase the "Texas A&M" brand against the "Texas Longhorns" brand, what does aggy do? They remove any and all references to "A&M", thus driving a "Texas aggy" brand and not in any way reinforcing their main "Texas A&M" brand. And they wonder why the value of their brand is less than So. Carolina and barely more than NC State.

In every aspect of how they manage the affairs of that institution, they fail time, after time. They are their own worst enemies. But they blame every unfortunate circumstance on the nefarious actions of others.

One aggy genius claimed their promoting a brand other than "Texas A&M" was akin to Texas choosing to place a burnt orange "T" on the team's baseball caps, instead of a burnt orange "Royal logo" Bevo silhouette. As if somehow the patented burnt orange color was going to be confused with a different color of another school. Or that people wouldn't make a connection between "T" and "Texas," when "Texas" was emblazoned across the front of the uniform shirt.

But, then again, aggy cluelessness regarding brand management shouldn't surprise anyone. After all, this is the same group of idiots who put glow-in-the dark logos on the helmets for an afternoon game a few years ago. Whoop!

jethro.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

aggy "selective year" power moves:

From 1947-1973, TAMU had a win percentage of .393. That was 120th out of 130 Division 1A teams in win percentage. Wake Forest, Indiana and Kansas State were the only 3 major conference teams with lower winning percentages.

And that 27 year span actually includes their 4 years under Bear Bryant. If you exclude Bryant's best 3 years TAMU was 128th out of 130 Division 1A teams in win percentage over this time frame, with a .318 win percentage.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Speaking of top 4 finishes all time. Dating back to 1940 (including final 4 in basketball, AP Poll in football, and Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Poll in baseball):

Texas 42

TCU 7

Houston 7

Baylor 3

Rice 2

Texas Western (now UTEP) 1

UT-Pan American (now UTRGV) 1

A&M 0

Tech 0

Heyyyyyyyy Buck em Broncs! (Or now Go Vaqueros I guess ✌️)

I gotta admit that saw ‘em off/upside down horns bullshit on vehicles makes me kind of ragey. How many pieces of aggy and SEC flair these dipshits display is their business but that kind of bullshit makes it mine.

On second thought, it does give me carte blanche from the Mrs. to drive recklessly and shout obscenities and death threats out the window, so I really shouldn’t complain 

I gotta admit that saw ‘em off/upside down horns bullshit on vehicles makes me kind of ragey. How many pieces of aggy and SEC flair these dipshits display is their business but that kind of bullshit makes it mine.

On second thought, it does give me carte blanche from the Mrs. to drive recklessly and shout obscenities and death threats out the window, so I really shouldn’t complain 

Just buy a bunch of "E" stickers of the same font and size as the A and M in their logo. Then put one on each end of their logo sticker when you see one.

eatme.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Modessit said:

Just buy a bunch of "E" stickers of the same font and size as the A and M in their logo. Then put one on each end of their logo sticker when you see one.

Ya know

i like that

and if I didn’t have such distain for the color of maroon and dumbassedness

id think about putting it on my vehicle....

but the thought of that color on my anything makes me retch.....

10 hours ago, Modessit said:

December 2nd, 1995, pyle, 3rd Quarter, 4:23 mark, north end zone behind the goalposts.

A date which will live in Infamy.

Or even better, buy some tiny maroon letters..you'll need "ss" "o" and "outh"

They probably won't even notice for quite while.
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Watching the aggy spring game.  Kentucky, Ole Miss,  and UAB will beat them unless they get much better in the fall.  Northwestern State will be close.  aggy may be 2-10 this year.  Auburn, LSU, Alabama, South Carolina will stomp a mud hole in that aggy ass.  

Odds that Aggy claims UAB as sort of playing Alabama twice?

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wait a minute, these guys were claiming the power of Jimbo would get 9-10 wins this year.  I didn't get to watch but it sounds like the Clemson game will be fun.  Did they look that bad compared to past spring games?

First team defense got burned by a walk on if that tells you anything...BRING BACK CHIEF

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

A&M's offense is going to be absolute dogshit next year. 

The best part is they will never assign any blame to Jimbo, or even Jim Turner for developing such a bad oline. They'll blame their previous recruits somehow. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline said:

The best part is they will never assign any blame to Jimbo, or even Jim Turner for developing such a bad oline. They'll blame their previous recruits somehow. 

Their OL might be worse than ours last year which is really saying something. 

I have no clue why they weren't pursuing grad transfer OL. I know they were after Anderson but they should have been pursuing multiple grad transfer OL. 

They’re too busy jerking off about a TE catching a pass to notice...

Starkel’s only good pass was against blown coverage. He gave up his usual INT, and spent most of the day overthrowing or underthrowing WRs.  Mond also had accuracy issues. That’s putting it lightly. 

Their biggest problem is their OL. Starkel will get hurt again. 

A walk on RB had a 60 TD run because 2 starters can’t tackle. 

Kingskley Keke looked good. Daylon Mack disappeared after a couple plays per usual. 

This year will be interesting 

The funniest thing is aggys think they are going to run the ball a lot next year to minimize the issues in pass pro with their OL and QB struggles. 

Here's the size of their RBs: Kibodi 220, Williams 200, Etwi 200, Bussi 200. 

Good luck with that. They want to be a physical running team with small RBs. 

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The funniest thing is aggys think they are going to run the ball a lot next year to minimize the issues in pass pro with their OL and QB struggles. 

Here's the size of their RBs: Kibodi 220, Williams 200, Etwi 200, Bussi 200. 

Good luck with that. They want to be a physical running team with small RBs. 

Williams had one huge game then he practically disappeared. They're going to miss Keith Ford a lot next year.