Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Actually, there are people and entities with nothing of substance that maintain self-awareness and dignity. In college football, is there any other program in any conference that behaves as the Aggies do?

Does Missouri brag about the SEC draft? Does Illinois celebrate Ohio State's accomplishments or puff out their chest because they have B1G patches on their uniforms? No. 

I've never encountered anyone other than A&M who does that.

That was one of my first thoughts.  I mean.  If this mindset was acceptable, then Vanderbilt could talk shit to most of the rest of the country.  It would also mean more if aggy had been dominating the Big 12 before turning tail.  If aggy had won, say, 4 of the final 6 Big 12 titles, then moved on to "bigger and better thing" I'd be somewhat more accepting to their mediocrity in the $EC.  As it stands, they're no better.  

• Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Actually, there are people and entities with nothing of substance that maintain self-awareness and dignity. In college football, is there any other program in any conference that behaves as the Aggies do?

Does Missouri brag about the SEC draft? Does Illinois celebrate Ohio State's accomplishments or puff out their chest because they have B1G patches on their uniforms? No. 

I've never encountered anyone other than A&M who does that.

I worked with a guy from Purdue back in the ‘80s who was always sucking Big 10 penis.  Especially rival Bobby Knight of Indiana.  Thought it was idiotic then, which has been confirmed many times by our state’s premier SEC West member.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lymanward said:

No draft pics?

Advantage aggy

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3108634

The best part is saying they are getting multiple 1st round picks out of Jimbo's 1st class. The same one that has already lost 10 to attrition before their eligibility was done.

Or that Madbuike was the only early entrant this year because all the others love Jimbo so much.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

The best part is saying they are getting multiple 1st round picks out of Jimbo's 1st class. The same one that has already lost 10 to attrition before their eligibility was done.

Or that Madbuike was the only early entrant this year because all the others love Jimbo so much.

How about Jimbo's class from FSU?  Looks like it only had 1 kid drafted.

Maroon Flash said:
So please enlighten me as to what year LSU had overall number 1 and a total of 5 in first round?

You must not know much about football.

Starting when Jimbo's first class is draft eligible, we start having multiple first rounders also.

The talent level of what we are losing << what we are bringing in.

LSU/Bama/Auburn not so much.

LSU is basically a must-win game at home this year. At some point, you just have to win the games. We are smack in the middle of the division with more pressure from below than we are giving the teams above us.

giphy.gif

Holy shit. 

On 4/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, Beau Vine said:

Holy shit, it's at about 28:00.  "I found that tweet to be repugnant."

Haha. Olin got his panties in a wad about that? Olin is your typical aggy. He is extremely thin skinned when anyone says anything negative about aggy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, texaslong said:

Holy shit. 

Haha. Olin got his panties in a wad about that? Olin is your typical aggy. He is extremely thin skinned when anyone says anything negative about aggy.

When interacting with any aggy, ask yourself where on a scale if 1 to 10 (10 being the level of ordinary, well-functioning adults), where said aggy’s level of emotional maturity falls. 

Those suffering from increasingly lower levels of the emotional maturity scale rate as increasingly more “red-assed” in aggy-speak. Those on the higher end of the scale are largely considered “2%’ers.” 

Think about it.

Fake sports championships, fake military heroes, their “corps of cadets” is essentially remedial Boy Scouts. They are taught incompetence is acceptable through life because those who can’t get a job based on merit can appeal to “the aggy network” to help incompetents get hired by other aggys. The normal challenges of life are either a conspiracy against them or someone else’s fault. They never accept personal accountability for their actions. 

All child-like traits that follow them their entire lives. Traits that self-identify them, not as educated, functioning adults, but as aggys.

One of the lessons Texans are going to learn during the Covid pandemic is Texans do not need Texas A&M. Every function of that institution could be better, and more economically, replicated by an on-line certificate-granting institution that serves as the state's post-secondary trade school. There are far more effective and far more economical ways for Texas to give needed help to those of lower intellect and low emotional intelligence than warehousing them on a campus in College Station, Texas at taxpayer expense.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Has the boycott started against the draft yet? I am sure several previously listed first round selections are scratching their heads in Colleyville, wondering what happened?

Are you kidding?? They had a record number of players drafted in the first three rounds. They crowed about it all over social media all weekend.

It is simply amazing, yet not surprising, to me that even in the face of so much contradictory evidence, even from the mouth of their very own fucking people, that they will parrot that shit around the internet as if it is 100% fact. As if none of us can see the actual facts if they just continue to scream it loud enough. Literally everyone knows it is a lie, but they keep saying it.

It is quite the case study in hive mind myopia.

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

It is simply amazing, yet not surprising, to me that even in the face of so much contradictory evidence, even from the mouth of their very own fucking people, that they will parrot that shit around the internet as if it is 100% fact. As if none of us can see the actual facts if they just continue to scream it loud enough. Literally everyone knows it is a lie, but they keep saying it.

It is quite the case study in hive mind myopia.

aggy is a story-based culture, not a fact-based culture. That has continued from their original days as a reform school for incorrigible youth whose parents sent them to farm school to get rid of them.

Their fairy tale about not being a branch of UT - the facts do not back them up. Their fairy tale about their "yell leader" tradition starting in 1907 - the facts do not back them up. Their fairy tale about how their bonfire tradition started - the facts do not back them up. Their fairy tale about how their "12th Man" tradition started- the facts do not back them up. Their fairy tale about "more officers during WWII than the academies, combined" - the facts do not back them up. Their fairy tale about being "the wealthiest public university in the solar system" - the facts do not back them up.

Etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and here is a fact for you - 9,705.

The ags incessantly bleat about how supportive they are of their school and its athletics program (especially football). aggy claims 500,000 living alumni. Of that 500,000, only 9,705 are members of their beloved "12th Man Foundation" and season ticket purchasers. 9,705.

Go ahead, do the math....

Yep, 2%.

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/about-us/annual-report/index.html

aggy foundation season tickets.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

They want $33M for Phase II of this fucking garden project?

https://gardens.tamu.edu/about/

to be slightly fair to aggy those projects are not necessarily all state funded they are just the planned projects

there are notes in there somewhere that indicate that the projects can be state, tuition, donation, or grant funded or any combination of those

but that is a lot of money

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

They want $33M for Phase II of this fucking garden project?

https://gardens.tamu.edu/about/

Now this right here is how you pay for a stadium that you can't afford.

Just slip a few bullshit $33M projects in here and there and BAM!, new tacklebox  paid for the taxpayers.

edit: I just watched the video. How in the actual fuck does phase II come to $33M when they already owned the fucking land??

Edited by Orange&White
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy is a story-based culture, not a fact-based culture. That has continued from their original days as a reform school for incorrigible youth whose parents sent them to farm school to get rid of them.

True. They're like some isolated tribe without a written language. They just pass bullshit down from generation to generation by mouth (no, I don't mean STDs at the gloryhole), and it becomes further from the truth over time.

aggy foundation season tickets.jpeg

In comparison, what do our LHF numbers look like(total members and non-season ticket holding members)?

Edited by Tex Pete

11 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

lol.

large.1175456397_toolenotsittingoncash.jpeg.bbce5d6721762ba0f6393866dc8e15a8.jpeglarge.1216518562_aggybreakeven140.jpeg.712708dccc221dc92cf8fbf245aae88c.jpeg

It’s not LOL unless they are held accountable for their financials, which they never are. So you texas residents get to bail them out again and again. And it will only get worse if they get their dream of saturating the state, and therefore the legislature, with aggy. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s not LOL unless they are he’s accountable for their financials, which they never are. So you texas residents get to bail them out again and again. And it will only get worse if they get their dream of saturating the state, and therefore the legislature, with aggy. 

Since the tax payers will be footing the bill once again, I think we should go all in on a nuke. More cost effective... 

or a wall and give the shit hole back to Mexico.

• Like 1