Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

I find it hilarious that UT researchers are a hell of a lot closer to a COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough than aggy’s $150M “vaccine factory.”

A: The amount of money in question is significantly higher than $150 million. Double that figure and you will be much closer to the actual number.

B: aggy has no med school worthy of any level of acknowledgement. They operate no hospitals, they perform essentially no medical research. The only reason aggy was given that lab was that it fit into their operating model of requiring constant welfare handouts to continue to exist, and the operation of the lab was so dumbed down that with a very few knowledgeable individuals brought in from the outside, the lab could be operated by trained monkeys.

That A&M's commercial partner (GSK) abandoned the project and just walked away before facility construction was even complete shows professionals in the vaccine industry knew the facility had no hope whatsoever of ever being successfully operated. It has been a complete and utter failure since the day they awarded the grant to build the site. I would not be surprised to see federal subpoenas fly regarding just what all went wrong with the "game changer" vaccine lab.

Speaking of federal subpoenas, the federal subpoena sent to aggy over Qatar and their questionable dealings with the Chinese can be found here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/06/28/2019-13904/notice-of-investigation-and-record-requests

I haven't run across any info regarding aggy's responses to the subpoena.

Aside from looking into aggy's many Chinese business and Communist Party problems (which go far deeper than the scope of this particular subpoena and are, in part, connected with the federal investigation into a number of US universities and the Chinese government), the Qatar requests concern "activities taken "to confirm foreign sources of gifts, contracts, and/or restricted or conditional gifts or contracts do not engage in, or provide material support to any person who engages in, activities prohibited by U.S. law and are not associated with any person who is a “Specially Designated Global Terrorist” "

Not a good look for any U.S. organization to be under investigation for dealings with Designated Global Terrorists. The info requested by the feds here is also some of the info Judicial Watch is trying to uncover.

Also, aggy officials seems to have been caught playing their classic "it is a branch, it isn't a branch" game with respect to their Middle East terrorist training facility. The subpoena mentions A&M's claims that “As a branch campus, Texas A&M University at Qatar is included in the institution's accreditation.” There is no question federal investigators have discovered gifts, money, and/or "favors" (I am guessing sheep related) were given to T&M and/or A&M officials, funneled through Qatar, and those gifts were not included in disclosures made by Texas A&M officials filed with federal regulators. One thing the feds are going after are IRS 990 Schedules F and R, where from what I have seen, A&M isn't disclosing much.

Here is the preamble to one of the aggy subpoenas published in the Federal Register.

Michael K. Young, President

Office of the President

1246 TAMU

Texas A&M University

College Station, TX 77843-1246

Re: Notice of 20 U.S.C. § 1011f Investigation and Record Request/Texas A&M University.

Dear President Young:

Section 117 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. § 1011f, requires certain institutions, including Texas A&M University, to report statutorily defined gifts, contracts, and/or restricted or conditional gifts or contracts, from or with a statutorily defined foreign source, to the U.S. Department of Education. These reports may be found at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/data-center/school/foreign-gifts.

The Department believes that Texas A&M University's reporting may not fully capture all covered gifts, contracts, and/or restricted or conditional gifts or contracts, from or with all foreign sources (e.g., the government of Qatar, its agencies, and agents including but not limited to the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, its employees, subsidiaries, agents, and affiliates; the government of the People's Republic of China, its agencies, and agents, including but not limited to, the persons known as Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Huawei Technologies USA, Inc., and ZTE Corp, their employees, subsidiaries, agents, and affiliates). For example, Texas A&M University's Section 117 reporting should have included Texas A&M University at Qatar, see e.g., https://www.qatar.tamu.edu/about/ (“As a branch campus, Texas A&M University at Qatar is included in the institution's accreditation”) (last accessed May 28, 2019); all of Texas A&M University's other locations; and all of Texas A&M University's affiliated foundations and non-profit organizations (e.g. the Texas A&M Foundation), whether or not organized under the laws of the United States, that (a) receive gifts, enter into contracts, and/or receive or enter into restricted or conditional gifts or contracts from or with a foreign source, and (b) operate substantially for the benefit or under the auspices of Texas A&M University.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, texaslong said:

With the exception that aggy don't have Joe Burrow, a 1st round RB, 1st rd WR. 1st RD edge rusher, first rd LB, a 2nd rd safety and 2nd rd CB on their team like LSU did, they are very similiar.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Came to post that story from The Score.

Mond: Texas A&M can make LSU-like leap to elite status in 2020
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1972756

Clickity clack clickity clack and up we go!
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, texaslong said:

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Came to post that story from The Score.

Mond: Texas A&M can make LSU-like leap to elite status in 2020
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1972756

Clickity clack clickity clack and up we go!

Funny how when tay yew players like Ehlinger say stuff like we're baaaack, aggy like Looch calls them classless loudmouth trash, yet when aggy players like Mond yap like this, they love the brazen and swagger. Showing that fightin Texas aggy spirit!

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Last year aggy was 8-5 (61.5% winning) so if Mond thinks they just need to get over that last 2% to be elite I guess he thinks 63.5% winning is elite. I guess he thinks they’ll win a championship with a 8.25 - 4.75 record.

Here's the difference though, that no one who writes this dumbass articles address.

In 2018, LSU went 7-3 against P5 competition, I included their bowl game win over UCF, because they were ranked in the Top 10. They outscored their competition in those 10 games 31.0 to 25.2, while in 2019, aggy went 5-5 against their non G5/FCS schools being outscored on average 23.6 to 26.9 per game.

They are nothing alike.

LOL.... 

QB Kellen Mond: Texas A&M on verge of being elite in 2020

ESPN            6:37 AM CT

Texas A&M quarterback Kellen Mond believes his team is on the verge of making a leap in 2020 like LSU did last season, when the Tigers went from 10-3 to a 15-0 national title campaign.

"We really haven't won the big-time games yet," Mond told The Dallas Morning News for a story published Friday. "In some of those games, most of those games, we've been close, but we always fall short. But we have to be able to get over that hump.

"A lot of people emphasize that the last 2% is the hardest. I feel like we're at the last 2% from being a good team to being elite."

That includes a 50-7 blowout defeat to LSU, but Mond also was part of a seven-overtime win over the Tigers in 2018, so he saw the leap they took firsthand.

"It's kind of weird being able to play all those guys and seeing what kind of change LSU made," Mond said. "They were a good team the year we beat them, but becoming an elite team and one of the best teams of all time this past year just kind of shows the work they put in."

Mond hopes the lesson the Aggies take is that "it only takes one year" to show vast improvement.  Texas A&M has reasons to believe a jump is possible. The Aggies played 19 true freshmen last year, they are getting 17 starters back, and coach Jimbo Fisher signed another top-10 recruiting class. They were No. 11 in ESPN's early top 25 in February, and ESPN's Football Power Index gives them a 2% chance of making the College Football Playoff.

Mond, who said he is working on his deep-ball accuracy, believes the Aggies have the makings of a special team in 2020.  "We have a lot of seniors on our team and a lot of guys coming back," Mond told the newspaper. "Usually when you have seniors, you have guys who have played one or two years, but our seniors, we've been playing since we were freshmen, since 17 or 18 years old in college, so we have a lot of games under our belt and a lot of experience."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29126094/qb-kellen-mond-texas-verge-being-elite-2020

Edited by LTtxfan

35 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Here's the difference though, that no one who writes this dumbass articles address.

In 2018, LSU went 7-3 against P5 competition, I included their bowl game win over UCF, because they were ranked in the Top 10. They outscored their competition in those 10 games 31.0 to 25.2, while in 2019, aggy went 5-5 against their non G5/FCS schools being outscored on average 23.6 to 26.9 per game.

They are nothing alike.

LSU and aggy are  actually quite similar: 

Both have winning records at Kyle field in the modern era.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes but LSU has a winning record at Kyle against P5 teams. I would be very surprised if aggy has a winning record at Kyle feld against P5 teams since they joined the SECSECSEC

They don't. 14-17 since joining the SEC. In 8 seasons(29 total games), only 2 OOC games against P5 teams.

20 hours ago, jTower said:

"I feel like we're at the last 2% from being a good team to being elite."

2%ers ?

Wait, who said they were already good?  I believe they went 5-5 against power 5 competition.  They finished fourth in the SEC West and based on conference record they would rank 7th overall.  Their SEC victories came against no team with either a winning record or a winning conference record.  The teams they beat had an SEC record of 8-24.

If he said they were currently 2% better than mediocre that might be accurate, but 2% from being elite?  This word does not mean what he thinks it means.

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

2..… in total.

8 season and fucking 2 P5 OOC games. 

I am tempted to look that up as it seems improbable. 

Holy shit.

That's insane.

How?  They’ve played Clemson twice, ucla, and az st that I can remember. 
or is that a home games stat to go with the home games record?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Just now, BurntEyes said:

2..… in total.

8 season and fucking 2 P5 OOC games. 

I am tempted to look that up as it seems improbable. 

Holy shit.

That's insane.

UCLA and Clemson. H&H.

They also played ASU at a neutral site game.

Here is their OOC schedule since they joined the SEC

Ball State

Lamar x 2

La Tech

Louisiana

Louisiana-Monroe x 2

Nevada

New Mexico

New Mexico State

Nicholls State

Northwestern State

Prairie View A&M

Rice x 2

Sam Houston State x 2

SMU x 2H1A

South Carolina State

Texas State

UAB

UTEP

UTSA x 2

Western Carolina

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How?  They’ve played Clemson twice, ucla, and az st that I can remember. 
or is that a home games stat to go with the home games record?

Correct - 2 home games against OOC P5 teams.

During the same time period, Texas has 6 OOC games against P5 teams.

California, USC, LSU, ND, Maryland, and Ole Miss. The bad news is Texas is 2-4 in those games.

Edited by HtownHorn

Texas is 21-17 at home since 2012 against P5 teams. Outscoring opponents on average 32.6 to 29.2 per game. Under Herman it has gotten a little bit better. 10-5, 34.1-28.1 per game. Outside the Maryland game, the other 4 games have been decided by a total of 15 points.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:21 PM, Beau Vine said:

Is it just a coincidence that "So young and so good" ended up right where Johnny's cock would be?

Perhaps that is the "wife's" real problem?

He mistakenly used the word mancave, what he really meant to say was hang onto jff's manhood.

This won't end well for this aggy.

In redneck culture, the number of people in the stands is the ONLY thing that matters.

Or so they have bleated incessantly since 2012 when they started the project to overbuild their stadium capacity.

9:12a AG
As long as the game is played, who cares how many people are in the stands. Just play the game.

• Like 2