Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

23 hours ago, Deej said:

Today, 104.9 The Horn was claiming that aggy is killing it in out of state recruiting and neck and neck with Texas in quality of recruits. 

Ok.

If it was Chad Hastings on 104.9, he's an aggy.  

From Chad's bio:  Chad Hastings grew up in Waxahachie, Texas and is a graduate of Texas A&M.

ChadHeadshot-300x271.jpg

Edited by LTtxfan

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I'm working on a few things. The week should be fun. At least for me, maybe not for John Sharp.

Doing some reading to get the week started. A few trivia questions for college football fans. The answers should be obvious.

I'm thinking of the greatest team to have only one top-5 season since 1956. Name that school.

I'm thinking of a SEC team with only two 9+ win seasons in the past 25 years and whose greatest win since their head coach was born was a win over #1 rated Alabama.

The answers?

Georgia Tech and Mississippi State. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29152279/college-football-best-one-hit-wonders-kenny-trill-trevor-knight-beats-saban-more

1980 was Ga Tech's lone top-5 finish since 1956, finishing #1 in at least one poll. Again in 1980, Mississippi defeated #1 ranked Alabama and finished with 9 wins.

In reality, aggy trails Georgia Tech in accomplishments in the modern era and is roughly on par with Mississippi State. Congratulations, aggys. Since the 1950s, A&M trails Ga Tech, U Conn, Utah, Kansas, Boise State (and a host of others) in accomplishments, making A&M the only "elite blue-blood" programs to trail all those schools in achievements. Congratulations, aggys, you are "the Mississippi State" of Texas.

I know, but wait until next year, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm working on a few things. The week should be fun. At least for me, maybe not for John Sharp.

Doing some reading to get the week started. A few trivia questions for college football fans. The answers should be obvious.

I'm thinking of the greatest team to have only one top-5 season since 1956. Name that school.

I'm thinking of a SEC team with only two 9+ win seasons in the past 25 years and whose greatest win since their head coach was born was a win over #1 rated Alabama.

The answers?

Georgia Tech and Mississippi State. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29152279/college-football-best-one-hit-wonders-kenny-trill-trevor-knight-beats-saban-more

1980 was Ga Tech's lone top-5 finish since 1956, finishing #1 in at least one poll. Again in 1980, Mississippi defeated #1 ranked Alabama and finished with 9 wins.

In reality, aggy trails Georgia Tech in accomplishments in the modern era and is roughly on par with Mississippi State. Congratulations, aggys. Since the 1950s, A&M trails Ga Tech, U Conn, Utah, Kansas, Boise State (and a host of others) in accomplishments, making A&M the only "elite blue-blood" programs to trail all those schools in achievements. Congratulations, aggys, you are "the Mississippi State" of Texas.

I know, but wait until next year, right?

Fun fact, that Miss State team was coached by Emory Bellard (who left for MSU after he was fired as head coach at Texas A&M)

advantage aggy

On 5/6/2020 at 9:11 AM, Dutch said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh, and suck it, aggy.  For. Ev. Er.

spacer.png

I loved how the Aggie spin on this was that it was actually good for them to lose that game because they got rid of Sherman and brought in the great Sumlin who would be the greatest coach they would ever have. Therefore, advantage Aggie.

On 5/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, Randolph Duke said:

aggys are amazing. This idiot clearly remembers Deloss having been quoted as saying something, but he can't remember exactly what it is he clearly remembers Deloss as having said.

Ok, cool. I guess the concept of "clearly remember" doesn't mean the same to aggys as it does to educated individuals.

And, of course "Deloss Dodds lost privilege" returns nothing via Google. Because Deloss never said anything close to what this idiot redneck "clearly remembers" hearing.

They make shit up and insist what they fabricate to be true. Facts simply don't matter to aggys.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

I recall Dodds or a Texas spokesperson saying A&M had forfeit the privelege of playing Texas by exiting the conference. That same privilege was forfeit with all conference schools. Aggies focused on the word privilege like children.

"Oh, so you think it's a privilege to play you! Aren't you fancy and arrogant."

The statement was about the privileges of conference members. They're idiots and didn't get it.

They also backed away from their "anytime anywhere" statement as fast as they could. They now lay down many conditions out of fear veiled in false bravado. "When we meet in the playoffs" may as well be when there's a football stadium on the moon.

30 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I recall Dodds or a Texas spokesperson saying A&M had forfeit the privelege of playing Texas by exiting the conference. That same privilege was forfeit with all conference schools. Aggies focused on the word privilege like children.

The statement was about the privileges of conference members. They're idiots and didn't get it.

They also backed away from their "anytime anywhere" statement as fast as they could. They now lay down many conditions out of fear veiled in false bravado. "When we meet in the playoffs" may as well be when there's a football stadium on the moon.

They certainly forced the SEC offices to make a last second change with its bowl game a few years ago instead having to play us in the Texas bowl. They know deep down inside that there is a  good chance that by playing Texas it will crush their little fantasy of thinking they are they better program. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The Mandela Effect strikes again.

I can't find any record of Deloss saying anything about any "privilege." It appears to be a redneck fabrication that somehow otherwise intelligent people have fallen for.

I think the quote people are thinking of is:

"“They left,” Dodds said. “They’re the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again. I think that’s fair. If you did a survey of our fans about playing A&M, they don’t want to. It’s overwhelming. I know. I hear it. Our fans are important to us. I think there’s got to be a period where things get different. I think there’s too many hard feelings.”"

Nowhere in that quote does Deloss mention anything about any "privilege."

If it had happened, someone would have a record of it. No one seems to have any such record.

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

The Mandela Effect strikes again.

I can't find any record of Deloss saying anything about any "privilege." It appears to be a redneck fabrication that somehow otherwise intelligent people have fallen for.

I think the quote people are thinking of is:

"“They left,” Dodds said. “They’re the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again. I think that’s fair. If you did a survey of our fans about playing A&M, they don’t want to. It’s overwhelming. I know. I hear it. Our fans are important to us. I think there’s got to be a period where things get different. I think there’s too many hard feelings.”"

Nowhere in that quote does Deloss mention anything about any "privilege."

If it had happened, someone would have a record of it. No one seems to have any such record.

I believe I've found the origin of the notion of privilege as well as why I remember it so well. From a Longhorn post on Texags in October 2011:

Many (not all) of you celebrate the possibility that the Big 12 may collapse and, presumably, your part in it. These same Ags celebrate that the collapse of the Big 12 and their part in it may harm Texas. Yet many of you still want the conference privilege of playing Texas every year and accuse Texas of being "scared" to play you.

You've opted out of the conference for a number of reasons and excuses. You forfeit the privileges of membership in a conference you've left and hope to see destroyed. Nobody in the Big 12 owes you anything. Why should anybody in the remaining Big 12 want to do a single thing to help the university who has chosen to weaken the conference?

If we can find a better, more interesting national program for that non conference slot, why should Texas schedule A&M anyway? Same goes for you. Find a more interesting, national program than Texas for your non conference game.

Frankly, I think it will do A&M good to get away from "tu" and the dooky you have attached to that series of games.

Some jackass named RVHorn used the word knowing it rile up the TexAgs Aggies because they're too dumb to understand the meaning. The word echoed for months there.

You're absolutely right, Randolph. It wasn't DeLoss. Texags 2011

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe I've found the origin of the notion of privilege as well as why I remember it so well. From a Longhorn post on Texags in October 2011:

Some jackass named RVHorn used the word knowing it rile up the TexAgs Aggies because they're too dumb to understand the meaning. The word echoed for months there.

aggys are not capable of understanding there is a difference between hubris and ego, let alone capable of understanding which drove Deloss Dodds.

As a cultural birth defect, aggys suffer from excessive hubris. Deloss did not suffer from excessive hubris. Deloss was driven by ego, and he was extremely cognizant of the importance of his position in the college sports landscape. One thing I loved about Deloss was that he understood college football as sports entertainment. He knew how to poke the ags with a stick like no other, and he did so, much to the glee of a segment of the burnt orange faithful.

Deloss would have never publicly said anything about it being a privilege to play UT. That would have been hubris. His "We are the Joneses" quote scarred the aggys for life. That was another example of ego as opposed to hubris. "Sliver" is yet another classic example of Deloss turning a simple word into an "aggy dog whistle."

I so wish Deloss would write his book and set the record straight. It would damage the collective aggy psyche beyond measure.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:
21 minutes ago, blacklab said:
vNdFpC.png

Tate isn't really fair on that meme. He was a commit for about 20 minutes Ike every place else.

He started the whole Gig 'em gang thing, which they still think is cool for some odd reason.

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

When I say the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M, it is because well over a century of history has shown those people are not worthy of the support of the people of Texas. We need the constitutional amendment to terminate A&M's constitutional status as a branch of The University of Texas because every Texan who values knowledge and education needs to distance themself from that which is Texas A&M and aggy culture.

In November 1999, when corpses of students were strewn across the aggy campus, federal investigators began in investigation and found one of the primary causes of the needless deaths of those 12 kids.

One of the primary causes of what amounted to the 12 counts of negligent homicide that should rightfully have been filed was the aggy culture itself. aggy culture suffers from a number of maladies and deep sicknesses. The limited intellect of agggy culture has caused them to promote a cultural bias that impedes risk identification. Again, this was not my conclusion but the conclusion of federal investigators and the accepted conclusion of the federal government.

The aggys simply lack the intellectual capacity to look at a given situation and properly identify the risks.

We can ask what aggys learned from the needless deaths of those 12 kids. Other than how to use a tragedy for self promotion and institutional marketing, it seems they have learned little, if anything, about proper risk identification.

Texans cannot continue to support an institution of higher education where none of the students matriculate as educated people. aggys will never learn it is possible to minimize human suffering and death. Their attitudes toward the current global pandemic clearly reflect their lack of understanding of the risks the viral pandemics pose. Their actions over the next few months and years will reinforce their inability to intellectualize, identify, and comprehend risk. It is who they are. And who they are is the reason Texans and Texans need to shun aggys, distance themselves from aggys and, most importantly, quit financially supporting Texas A&M.

The lack of education, intellect, and intelligence that defines the aggy culture has proven to be deadly on their own campus. aggys don't defend our country, their intellectual defects are an existential risk to the safety, welfare, and prosperity of the state and nation. 

“We have long served our nation and risen to defend our country against national security threats,” Sharp said. “It’s a game-changer for us, and, we think, for Texas,” Sharp said. “This is just another war: A war against natural pandemics and not-so-natural terrorism,” Sharp said.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-133.pdf

aggy bonfire risk management.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

29 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

they didn't buy this trophy, and it even has all 4 digits of the year 

spacer.png

We see what one top-5 finish since 1956 looks like at Georgia Tech.

Here is what one top-5 finish since 1956 looks like at Texas A&M. The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M:

hall_of_champions8.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

We see what one top-5 finish since 1956 looks like at Georgia Tech.

Here is what one top-5 finish since 1956 looks like at Texas A&M. The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M:

hall_of_champions8.jpg

They really put up the SEC logo EVERYWHERE.. holy shit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Nice find , RV. It’s like you knew what you were looking for...

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

No, they had a punter that could kick the shit out of the ball, but who knew what it would do.

This! He had a huge leg, but almost no control of placement. I remember seeing a couple of times where he could have just placed it within the opponent 10 yard line and he kicks it out of the back of the end zone. 

40 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nice find , RV. It’s like you knew what you were looking for...

Lol.

If you are on Twitter, follow David Barron from the Houston Chron for the next few days. @dfbarron

You will understand when the time is right.

aggy_ralph.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke