• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

46 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Does anyone buy this for a second?  They knew damn well they were about to get absolutely smoked with transfers and opt outs and 1/2 a coaching staff.   This "Covid Outbreak" is beyond convenient.

No. They are 100% ducking a good Wake Forest team that would come out hungry. I'm sure once the numbers started getting close they made sure to come up with enough opt outs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

I hope they are the only team to pull this stunt for the lulz, but I feel now the floodgates are open for more teams in less than fortunate situations the bowl games withdraw. 

Was thinking same....and if that happens it could potentially kill some of those bowls.  Hell of a year aggy, leaders in pissing off everybody with your constant antics.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The Gator Bowl ain’t gonna be happy at all if a replacement for the Aggies can’t be found.

Apparently, the Gator bowl folks are waiting to see if another team has to withdraw from some other bowl, then play matchmaker.  I figure some lesser bowl is gonna get fucked over somehow.

27 minutes ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

Can’t we just punt aTm back to the Big 12 and bring Kansas or K State in when y’all and OU come along?  Their basketball team missed two months last year, afraid of getting their teeth kicked in.  Now their football team was about to get their doors blown off so they just take a knee.  Soft

No take  backs 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Confused at how many they think they need on the field at a given time? I'm going to assume they have a lot of non-scholarship players since he went out of his way to mention 'scholarship' position players.  So they do have enough, just not as many as they want.

This would be exactly the type of adversity that they tell like to tell stories about. We barely had 80 players and only 38 were scholarship; the mighty Aggies soldiered on anyway and would have won except for the clock expiring before the comeback was completed.

This is potential Aggie lore in modern times and they are running from it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jasper_Jester said:

This is potential Aggie lore in modern times and they are running from it.

Pretty much nailed it.  Even if they got boatraced, they could use the "Covid denied us" and "how hard the Aggies fought" for decades, nay, centuries and no one (well, er, no aggy) would bring up opt-outs, portals, etc.   It would be the greatest moral victory they could have ever had.

They would have put it on the damned wall.

Instead, they withdraw from a bowl in the same season that they beat Alabama.

Mind boggling.

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No. They are 100% ducking a good Wake Forest team that would come out hungry. I'm sure once the numbers started getting close they made sure to come up with enough opt outs. 

Very much this.  I don't believe their excuse for a second.  They're scared of Wake because some of their good players are sitting out.  THEY KNEW THEY'D LOSE TO FUCKING WAKE FOREST.  aggys are bunch of lying cowards per usual.

• Like 2