• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Only one A&M recruit has an NIL deal

On Sunday night, KSAT aired an interview with Fisher that it recorded on Friday when the coach visited the city to speak to an alumni club.

"I just researched this," Fisher said in the interview. "Of the 11 guys we have in place that came early? One guy has an NIL deal. So all these stories you're hearing are complete lies."

Wonder who the one lucky guy was to get an NIL deal.  

Edited by field
Updated link

"I'm asking you," Fisher said. "Did you do your research? No, so you just assumed. And that's the way this world goes now. As soon as it's written on social media and someone says it, you believe it. So where does that put you guys as reporters?

"Nobody wants the truth. You want a story and a click and a hit."

So, Jimbo would have no problem with reporters interviewing everyone of his recruits and asking them if and what they are getting to go to Texas A&M? Just in the name of research, you know.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

That may be true, which then points squarely back to bags. Nice work Jimbo. 

Seriously, I'm so confused. If they are NIL deals, they're legal, just own it already. If its not NIL, it's under the table shit from the 80's. Nobody anywhere believes that aggy all of a sudden is a top landing spot for 5 star players based on results, because their results have been the same since the 1940s, sustained mediocrity with a few upsets here and there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

"I'm asking you," Fisher said. "Did you do your research? No, so you just assumed. And that's the way this world goes now. As soon as it's written on social media and someone says it, you believe it. So where does that put you guys as reporters?

"Nobody wants the truth. You want a story and a click and a hit."

In fairness to Jimbo, there was extensive research before social media reported how his ex wife was spreading her legs for other men.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Seriously, I'm so confused. If they are NIL deals, they're legal, just own it already. If its not NIL, it's under the table shit from the 80's. Nobody anywhere believes that aggy all of a sudden is a top landing spot for 5 star players based on results, because their results have been the same since the 1940s, sustained mediocrity with a few upsets here and there.

Same here ... sounds like in Texas there are rules around NIL, which aggy seems to have <allegedly LOL> violated.

30 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Same here ... sounds like in Texas there are rules around NIL, which aggy seems to have <allegedly LOL> violated.

The fact that all those 5-star players suddenly decided to go to aggy….tells me $$$ was offered/promised for their commitments, pending enrollment….and keep your mouth shut or no deal.   Just my interpretation.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

Because you have to prove those NIL deals are real which they can’t do. 

Everyone knows they’re just cheating and it’s not NIL. I saw this coming. Everyone keeps arguing “just admit it’s NIL” but what happens when other schools start telling them to show their work? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Scipio Texas discussed this a few days ago with Bobby Burton during one of those IT broadcasts. 

I think Saban’s entire play was to get Jimbo to admit this is all perfectly legal and it’s NIL. They don’t think Jimbo can prove these are legitimate NIL deals. 

Jimbo should just shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Scipio Texas discussed this a few days ago with Bobby Burton during one of those IT broadcasts. 

I think Saban’s entire play was to get Jimbo to admit this is all perfectly legal and it’s NIL. They don’t think Jimbo can prove these are legitimate NIL deals. 

Jimbo should just shut the fuck up. 

I hope he keeps talking. It's more entertaining. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, field said:

Wonder who the one lucky guy was to get an NIL deal.  

Weigman has a deal for clothing:

https://thewarehouseatcc.com/sports/signature-athletes/weigman/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=WH_WeigmanNILSocial1_TW_4.8

Ironically he would be one of the few enrolled they could defend that they didn't "bag".

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Because you have to prove those NIL deals are real which they can’t do. 

Everyone knows they’re just cheating and it’s not NIL. I saw this coming. Everyone keeps arguing “just admit it’s NIL” but what happens when other schools start telling them to show their work? 

Makes sense ... what's not obvious to me is how does one define "real." There does not seem to be a type of fair market value or commensurate standard. That would make sense, but it sounds like one could pay a player a million dollars to attend his kid's birthday party and that would be "real."

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

What's the o/u on number of these incoming freshman (30) that are on the roster their sophomore year?

Without the NCAA paying a visit, I'll take 24.  Their NIL deals are structured such that it's hard for them to leave and wouldn't make sense to. Remember the kids likely just sold 100% of their college NIL rights to the aggy collective. No one can out bid them (unless said group is willing to go old school bag under the table).... they are free to leave, just can't take an NIL opportunity elsewhere as the collective is only one who can enter new deals for them and they likely won't get any more from aggy. This all based on the talk by the Mike Caspino lawyer who apparently has been advising them and most of the 5 stars.  The guy supposedly has the "go-to" NIL contract.  I would love for anyone to get a hold of a blank copy of one of those to post here.

4 hours ago, PW119 said:

And those losers in College Station will still pull for Bama in the National Championship game next year, while chanting, "SEC, SEC, SEC".  Pathetic, attention-seeking cowards.

Actually, I think the only reason they chanted that, was because UT wasn’t in it…..It may not be so special now that ou and Texas are becoming members,,,,I could be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Without the NCAA paying a visit, I'll take 24.  Their NIL deals are structured such that it's hard for them to leave and wouldn't make sense to. Remember the kids likely just sold 100% of their college NIL rights to the aggy collective. No one can out bid them (unless said group is willing to go old school bag under the table).... they are free to leave, just can't take an NIL opportunity elsewhere as the collective is only one who can enter new deals for them and they likely won't get any more from aggy. This all based on the talk by the Mike Caspino lawyer who apparently has been advising them and most of the 5 stars.  The guy supposedly has the "go-to" NIL contract.  I would love for anyone to get a hold of a blank copy of one of those to post here.

I don’t think the commits are allow to open their mouths about their deals, or their “contract” is terminated.

On the flip side if they are a bust or have a career ending injury, they can’t get rid of them for fear of them talking.
  • Haha 1