• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Why do people keep saying "App State shocked A&M".......

They're the better team and I would pick them to win if they played again. Did people not watch the game? This wasn't some fluke. App State dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 

“A cultural bias that impedes risk identification.”

Give Jimbo a raise and extension, and lock him up (fully guaranteed) through 2031. 

When he hasn’t even put two consecutive seasons together with a winning record in conference play. 

Sounds like a brilliant strategy. What could possibly go wrong? Where is the risk in that strategy? 

Whoop! 

ESPN:

A&M paid App State $1.5 million to come to College Station. Add that to the $9 million Jimbo Fisher is being paid not to develop a quarterback, and that's a lot of cash without much return on investment. Aggies boosters are going to have to think twice before ordering the 82-ounce ribeye at breakfast Sunday.

😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

It's a good thing that Pyle Field is so intimidating.  Otherwise Appalachian State might have put a real beat down on aggy.

When the “letter from an App State fan” materializes, talking about how awesome the Kyle Field environment is and how wonderfully spectacular aggys are, please post it. 

I’m also looking forward to the letter by the aggy fan saying how happy he is that App State won because they wanted the win more and they deserved the win more than A&M. 

You know, normal ordinary love letters that football fans write to opposing fan bases every post-game Monday morning. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aggy tears should be awesome right now but when I read:

The Jimbo contract is stupid

Jimbo had bad OL at Florida State

Purdue is our peer

We will never be good

Our receivers can't get open because Jimbo's system sucks

All that stuff sounds like things we have been telling them for years. Aggy tears are best when they are crying about life being unfair but still delusional. Right now they are just a totally defeated bunch. Don't get me wrong still getting high, the problem this time is that they are putting out a low grade tear product. Now they even suck at what they do best.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Next step will be fire the OC and look for young innovative OC. But in the end it won’t work because a good coach would have known from the start what kind of OC he needed to be successful.

When I heard Darrell Dickey, 90’s North Texas head coach, was going to be Jimbo’s OC, this whole outdated, predictable offense was well, predictable.

38 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

King will be benched. Johnson will play. They might beat Miami with Johnson. Roller Coaster reset. Weigman will be starting by November. 

Jimbo’s gonna have hella problems with the ETX coaching mafia if he benches King. 

• Hook 'Em 1

They should have let the App State players party at Northgate and mingle with the aggy fans. I'm sure "the finest fans in all of college football™" would have shown them real "aggy hospitality."

lol

"After pulling a historic upset at No. 6 Texas A&M on Saturday, the Appalachian State football team didn't get to celebrate back home in Boone, North Carolina.

Mechanical issues with the team charter forced the Appalachian State team to spend the night at the hotel where they'd slept the previous night in College Station, a team spokesperson told ESPN. With the hotel sold out, the team spread out in various hallways, conference rooms and the lobby area.

The team spent about three hours on Saturday night at the airport before returning to the hotel around midnight. They had an unofficial 3:30 a.m. wake-up before returning to the airport, where they boarded a flight at 4:30 a.m.

The team flew to Charlotte on Sunday morning. They landed around 8:30 a.m., and the five team buses were expected to get to Boone, which is about two hours away, around 11 a.m."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34570289/travel-woes-force-appalachian-state-stay-night-college-station-upset-win-texas-am

Edited by Randolph Duke

I understand King is the kid of a coach, and recruiting will suffer if he is benched, but at what point is recruiting going to suffer more if you only win one or two games a season?   I would suspect the damage done in recruiting by losing to App State is worse than pissing off the ETx coaching mafia...  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

They should have let the App State players party at Northgate and mingle with the aggy fans. I'm sure "the finest fans in all of college football™" would have shown them real "aggy hospitality."

lol

"After pulling a historic upset at No. 6 Texas A&M on Saturday, the Appalachian State football team didn't get to celebrate back home in Boone, North Carolina.

Mechanical issues with the team charter forced the Appalachian State team to spend the night at the hotel where they'd slept the previous night in College Station, a team spokesperson told ESPN. With the hotel sold out, the team spread out in various hallways, conference rooms and the lobby area.

The team spent about three hours on Saturday night at the airport before returning to the hotel around midnight. They had an unofficial 3:30 a.m. wake-up before returning to the airport, where they boarded a flight at 4:30 a.m.

The team flew to Charlotte on Sunday morning. They landed around 8:30 a.m., and the five team buses were expected to get to Boone, which is about two hours away, around 11 a.m."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34570289/travel-woes-force-appalachian-state-stay-night-college-station-upset-win-texas-am

Did they get any breakfast?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

lol

DGu_g6AUwAACOjm.0.jpg

Team plane?

• Haha 1