• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, there's that issue with their defense.  Not sure a "dynamic playcaller" is gonna fix that side of the ball.

It's really egregious especially given the defensive talent they have. Nobody does less with more. At some point even the bags won't be enough to lure guys like Hill and Hicks.

On 9/29/2022 at 10:09 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

My daughter (no pics) is 18 and wants to be a vet. We all know that, tragically, aggy has the top vet school in state. 

I am a big believer in letting my older kids make their own decisions without too much chatter from me, within sensible limits, of course. Since attending that college for vet school was not quite life threatening, I held my tongue when she went up to aggieland for a visit. 

I needn’t have worried. Everything about tge town and the school and the campus and the student body contributed to a violent case of the nopes. It’s hard wired into her, apparently. I was so proud of her. 

oh well, Lubbock/ out of state here we come. 

My son is in a similar predicament. Although he refuses to visit aggy and says the idea of going there sounds immoral. He recently visited TTU and was like Nope. Currently he is interested in Okie State.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, F250 said:

My son is in a similar predicament. Although he refuses to visit aggy and says the idea of going there sounds immoral. He recently visited TTU and was like Nope. Currently he is interested in Okie State.

My oldest buddy did a mid-career change from O&G to veterinary and chose Georgia.  I visited a few times -- man, that is a great (as in fun) school, and I think their vet program is pretty highly regarded.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

what did he not like about the Tech school?

it is brand new so there will be some issues for sure

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Texags is feeling kinda low this morning. Its finally dawning on those dipshits that Jimbo is happy winning 8 games a year, taking their money, and watching his wife get reamed in the ass by her tennis coach. 10 years. $90 million. Guaranteed. 

Texas A&M Aggies Announce Partnership with Legendary Texas Bootmaker  Lucchese - Sports Illustrated Texas A&M Aggies News, Analysis and More

59 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Like I'm not going to fun with this image. 

make sure you capture the essence of his small feet.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, nnm said:

Brent Z getting the ‘23 roller coaster fired up…

It won't matter if Jimbo hires an OC to take over the play calling. It will be in name only, because you know Jimbo will still be making most of the calls. He's not going to let that go. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure the half-assed "goooo Tigers" really captured the spirit of LSU. 

Yeah, she's one of the ones that you can visibly see die a little inside, I love those.  My favorite will always be the super awkward "Go Dawgs! Woof woof woof!" girl.  So painful to watch yet I can't look away.

17 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Yeah, she's one of the ones that you can visibly see die a little inside, I love those.  My favorite will always be the super awkward "Go Dawgs! Woof woof woof!" girl.  So painful to watch yet I can't look away.

My favorite will always be the "Go, Cocks!" girl for obvious reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

On 9/29/2022 at 10:09 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

My daughter (no pics) is 18 and wants to be a vet. We all know that, tragically, aggy has the top vet school in state. 

I am a big believer in letting my older kids make their own decisions without too much chatter from me, within sensible limits, of course. Since attending that college for vet school was not quite life threatening, I held my tongue when she went up to aggieland for a visit. 

I needn’t have worried. Everything about tge town and the school and the campus and the student body contributed to a violent case of the nopes. It’s hard wired into her, apparently. I was so proud of her. 

oh well, Lubbock/ out of state here we come. 

I get it for sure.  But if either kid is looking for a way to justify it, Ted Koy, Captain on the 1969 Championship team, and member of the UT Hall of Honor went to vet school at A&M after his time in the NFL.    

• Hook 'Em 2

Y’all are playing checkers - watch and learn some chess.

Ahem (clears throat):

“aggy has the best fan base, tradition, facilities and other important things of any school in the sec.  The only thing standing between aggy and greatness now is the big money donors and boosters need to pool their funds and buy out jimbo’s contract and invest more in their next coach, who will surely lead them to unparalleled greatness.

Any lesser school would ride out this contract, that’s wrong and thinking like a ‘sip.   if they really have as much money as they say they do, they need to pass the hat and scratch out that 90million dollar check.  Go aggy, you’re one step away from being Alabama’s big brother.  Pay off jimbo and go hire your next coach.  Be sure and get him on a long term contract too because he’s going to win a lot with all of those resources.  I’m thinking 15 years minimum.”

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Deej said:

It won't matter if Jimbo hires an OC to take over the play calling. It will be in name only, because you know Jimbo will still be making most of the calls. He's not going to let that go. 

this is true, and it's also amusing that even if ole jimbo does manage to relinquish playcalling to a someone with an offensive pulse - they're still setup to fall short in a myriad of other ways. take their shaky vaunted defense for example. or the potential for a chunk of their top class of all time hitting the portal in a few months. their recruiting strategy of highest bidder attracts some questionably committed players, the type that bust. violations could spring up. internal turmoil with donors pulling support for paying for more players as they crater and crumble and begin to look towards the next thing that would bring them to relevance. durkin is a liability. texas and ou sucks in the sec will be a 1-2 punch for their playoff chances. and jimbo - or i guess they're calling him Fisher now - has proven crab legs was his savant. jimbo/winston is orge/burrow or chizik/newton. fun to watch.

I don't believe this for a second.  I believe they might want him gone but coming up with 90mil to get off a bad hire is totally different.

And that’s just for jimbo. They’ll also have to buyout the assistants and hire an all new staff.

They’ve probably already used up the hurricane money.

Ok so he starts to win at some point or he doesn't.  To me, the answer is pretty obvious, he doesn't.  The road out of the SEC West is going through Alabama until Saban hangs it up and even then have they ever been the 2nd best team in the West under Jimbo outside of the Covid season?

So, he's not ever winning there, as in the SEC or the CFP.  At what dollar amount would they actually buy him out?  50 million?  Per a tweet I saw the buy out doesn't even get to 50 until 2027.  I don't seem them tolerating 4th or 5th in the SEC West for 5 more years.  So what happens?

They could just fuck him the way Tech did Leach right?  I have no idea but if sovereign immunity can apply to Tech it seems like it could apply to aggy as well.  There's obviously a huge downside to that because what top of market value HC would ever agree to coach there after that?  So I don't think that happens.

But what about drumming up some bullshit that would enable them to fire him for cause?  Hang that over his head then pay him a fraction of what he has left on his deal to move on.  That last scenario seems most likely to me.  No way do I see him finishing his contract there and no way do I see him being given 50M+ to leave.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Assuming he wouldn't earn any of the following bonuses (and the un-likelyhood based on laughing faces): 

$100,000 SEC Championship/$200,000 Winning SEC Championship 🤣🤣🤣

$300,000 for appearing in the CFP/$500,000 appearing in title game/$1,000,000 winning national title game 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

$50,000 SEC Coach of the year/$100,000 national coach of the year🤣🤣

Right around $89,700,000 if fired this week. Looks like they have to pay 25% within 60 days and the rest starting 120 days after that in annual installments through 2031. 

Pretty sure if that buyout rumor is true, the "businessmen" ran out of fingers and toes to count on and have no idea what they are getting into, since no way they paying this:

image.png.ef4d9d99672f6cf9881536ec6ac24a19.png

That's just Jimbo's cut. Throw in the assistants needed to be paid out and buyouts for potential new coach and/or assistants and they are staring down $100M+

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's just Jimbo's cut. Throw in the assistants needed to be paid out and buyouts for potential new coach and/or assistants and they are staring down $100M+

Yep - over $7 million for just this year. Throw in a couple extra years they probably guaranteed and they are over 1/10th of a BILLION $ to get rid of these clowns. Astounding! But hey, not every coaching staff can be 23.5 point underdogs this week. You gotta pay to get that kind of quality. 🤣

Edited by StrippersAndNobelPrizes
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

12 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Yep - over $7 million for just this year. Throw in a couple extra years they probably guaranteed and they are over 1/10th of a BILLION $ to get rid of these clowns. Astounding! But hey, not every coaching staff can be 23.5 point underdogs this week. You gotta pay to get that kind of quality. 🤣

do it jewish GIF

• Hook 'Em 1