Mass casualty event in Waukesha, WI

TXSG8R

7 minutes ago, smoky said:

Didn't something like this happen at a pride parade in Florida recently?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/witness-describes-terror-deadly-florida-pride-parade-78408473

Well, other than the fact that it was accidental? 

I mean, both drove into a parade.

Fred Johnson, a local minister and member of the Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus, a tight knit ensemble of about 25 mostly older men, was at the wheel of a pickup when his group was signaled as next to join the parade. He suddenly accelerated forward, killing James Fahy, 75, and injuring Jerry Vroegh, 57, who was released from the hospital Monday. A third man, Gary Keating, was treated at the scene for minor injuries, according to a statement from Fort Lauderdale police.

Fahy and Vroegh planned to carry a banner in front of the chorus truck while other members walked behind the truck to hand out fliers.

“I love my Chorus family and the community and would never do anything to intentionally harm anyone," Johnson said in a statement. "Please know that I hold my fellow chorus member, Jim Fahy, in my heart forever.”

Edited by lilMAC25

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If I was that pissed off at the world, I’d take off walking forest gump style or something 

This.

Why make other people suffer, unless they had first done you wrong?

I don't get fucking with the lives of others who didn't do anything.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Damnit! Fucking mother fuckers. 

Not going with my joke even though it is surly.

Do it.  It'll make you feel better.  And this could be the thread that unites surley in the thought that not all cops are bad and sometimes police brutality is justified.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Horribly inappropriate, and I’m going to hell for laughing at it.

prayers to the poor people in WI tonight. I know it wouldn’t mean much to the families of the victims, but I hope this was all accidental.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 3

About "20 to 30 minutes into the parade a red SUV came running down the middle of the street -- there were a lot of screams -- and we almost thought maybe it was Santa but it was a red SUV and it hit a lot of people," Staral said.

I chuckled at the stupidity of that part of the quote
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Police chief spoke and was asked about shots fired. Replied that they don't believe that the driver was shooting, but that police officers on the scene tried to stop the threat. 20 injured, one fatality at this time.

Thanks for posting - that clears up what I saw originally.  

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How are there accomplices?  One person drives a car. 

witness reports are chaotic.   almost every event like this has 2,3,4 perps being described, but that rarely is the case. 

the cops almost always assume multiple perps, and the "news" media, being all about getting the story out first, not worried if they are giving right or wrong info, reports multiple perps because that gets more eyeballs vs 1 crazy/demented/psychotic person. 

• Hook 'Em 2