Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

No, he totally is.  I have to give the guy credit.  I sniff out bullshit for a living, and he had me going for a little while.  to be fair---I didn't have an active twitter account, just saw what others posted about him so took me awhile, but he was also pretty damn good at it.  But yeah, he's completely and totally fucking with Trumpers and Kid Rock.  I now honorably regret calling him 'Younger, Diabetic Wayne Newton'

Dude seems cool, I wanna grab lunch with him when Trump dies.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The irony, of course, is that it will be nothing but snowflakes at his shows. 

Yep.  Wearing the wrong t-shirt will get you kicked out in a heartbeat.

But....would be funny to get a t-shirt made with Biden's head on it, wearing his sunglasses like the photos below, and a "Let's Go Brandon" slogan underneath it.  Would probably confuse some people.

s-l500.jpg

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I'm convinced that Nick Adams is simply trolling everybody at this point. There's no way he's real.

I didn't catch on until Three Year Letterman was raving about how good of a bit it was... and even then there are sometimes where I'm not sure.

But I mean, this is is gold...

I'd bet if you went to a Kid Rock concert with a Barney Frank tee you wouldn't have a single word said to you.  Or if you really want to get zero reaction, one with Sotomayor, Kagan and Jackson on it.  

These folks might not be our most astute.  

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much exclusively drink bourbon (or other whiskies). I do have a lot of fuck-tards in my family that just drink beer. I'm going to take out all the different beers I have in my beer fridge and just stock it with Bud Light. The conversations to come should be quite entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

cAnCel CuLtuRe!!!!!!!!!!

he couldn't even hit them all with that thing?

I enjoy pointing out to folks around here that "cancel culture" is pretty close to that "invisible hand of the market" they're always on about. But they'll still go out and buy the shit just to film themselves blowing it up to own the libs.

Surprised this shitheel didn't lob a grenade in for good measure. Or just run through the fucking thing like a maniac.

We're like... six months from seeing Kid Rock / Ted Nugent as a semi-regular tag team at some old Jim Crockett Tribute Show in Bumfuck, North Carolina.

This is one more turn the simulation has taken that I still cannot wrap my head around.  It was 1999 or 2000.  I had moved back to Austin from California.  Friend has his dad's boat, they invite me.  It's over-capacity with top-heavy chicks in thongs.  I cannot believe my luck.  We're on Lake Travis.  We're blasting "Devil Without a Cause", they're doing lines of blow off each other's asses.  Greatest lake day ever.  So then I decided to put the brakes on it and say, "Did y'all know that in 20+ years, this insurrectionist will back a failed game show host in his efforts to undermine our democracy?"  

I did not say that, we partied hard.  But I cannot fucking believe this is the same guy who scored one of the 10 funnest days of my life, and I've had some fun ones.  

RIP, Rock.  Asshat.

This is one more turn the simulation has taken that I still cannot wrap my head around.  It was 1999 or 2000.  I had moved back to Austin from California.  Friend has his dad's boat, they invite me.  It's over-capacity with top-heavy chicks in thongs.  I cannot believe my luck.  We're on Lake Travis.  We're blasting "Devil Without a Cause", they're doing lines of blow off each other's asses.  Greatest lake day ever.  So then I decided to put the brakes on it and say, "Did y'all know that in 20+ years, this insurrectionist will back a failed game show host in his efforts to undermine our democracy?"  
I did not say that, we partied hard.  But I cannot fucking believe this is the same guy who scored one of the 10 funnest days of my life, and I've had some fun ones.  
RIP, Rock.  Asshat.

I’ve shared many hours with some now-sober historically chart topping country stars. More than one lengthy convo about “you wrote the soundtrack for a lot of my terrible fuck-ups, but it was fun at the time.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Imagine, being so deep in the cult, that you think Kid Rock is better than Isbell

Awhile back, there was a twitter discussion on the merits of Kid Rock vs Bruce Springsteen.  You can imagine how that went.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Kid Rock is close to hitting 50 notes on pitch in that clip.

Apologies, I skipped through to the SC parts.  And no matter how shittily he sang, he did write that song (and had sexy time) with her.  That's Brady Andersonesque by itself.

That is literally one of the top 5 shittiest songs of all time. When it came out, I had a good friend on mine call at like 2am with it blaring and leave it on my voicemail because they knew how much I hated it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

That is literally one of the top 5 shittiest songs of all time. When it came out, I had a good friend on mine call at like 2am with it blaring and leave it on my voicemail because they knew how much I hated it.

It's remarkably bad, in every way.

24 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Holy shit Travis Tritt is still alive?

Still alive? Not only is he still alive, that motherfucker got rice cooking in the microwave, got a three day beard he don't plan to shave, it's a goofy thing but he's just gotta say, hey, he's doing alright...

• Haha 2

• Gil Bang changed the title to Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all