Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

On 6/1/2023 at 11:51 PM, Gil Bang said:

oh yeah, it's all shitty beer.  It's awful.  Your town has a lovely brewery that makes a great pumpernickel stout that's SO much better than Bud Light or Modelo. They sell 1/100 of 1 percent of what the local bodega sells in bud light, but IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

Yeah.  Just like Papa John’s is just as good as all those local places churning out pizza around these parts.  That’s why Papa John’s sells so much pizza.  Because it’s delicious.  Not because they bombard morons with marketing then provide easy access…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah.  Just like Papa John’s is just as good as all those local places churning out pizza around these parts.  That’s why Papa John’s sells so much pizza.  Because it’s delicious.  Not because they bombard morons with marketing then provide easy access…

The Olive Garden is just as good as your favorite mom and pop Italian restaurant that makes all their sauces, noodles, and breads in house!

- Gil Bang, probably

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I never would have guessed Austin would be a stop on Kid Rock's "No Snowflakes " tour but Holy hell, he's gonna be here in a few weeks. Might be worth a crowd watching party from Scholz Garten as his limp dick, meth-addled fans walk up San Jacinto towards the Moody. Who am I kidding? They can't walk that far.

• Drool 1

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm 100% sure I've never drunk a Bud Light.

That said, I drank a shit ton of Budweiser in my college days, and I've drunk a shit ton of Shiner Bock and Lone Star since then.  

I don't look on bad beer drinkers with shame, but I'll damn sure pity them if their brand loyalty is some big deal.  I mean, sure, drink a few Bud Lights if you have to, but to wrap up your identity in that swill?

Did you just tacitly call shiner a shitty beer? Listen, I love Lone Star, but I get it if folks want to call it a shitty beer. But shiner?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Did you just tacitly call shiner a shitty beer? Listen, I love Lone Star, but I get it if folks want to call it a shitty beer. But shiner?

Well, I like it, but there seems to be a lot of folks out there who think the recipe fell off a couple of decades ago.  I like the maltiness + carbonation + lower ABV.

35 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So I never would have guessed Austin would be a stop on Kid Rock's "No Snowflakes " tour but Holy hell, he's gonna be here in a few weeks. Might be worth a crowd watching party from Scholz Garten as his limp dick, meth-addled fans walk up San Jacinto towards the Moody. Who am I kidding? They can't walk that far.

better hurry, y'all! the show is less than 3 weeks away and tickets are..... oh, widely available.

download (39).png

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I like it, but there seems to be a lot of folks out there who think the recipe fell off a couple of decades ago.  I like the maltiness + carbonation + lower ABV.

I don’t spend any time in the beer thread, so I wouldn’t know about the recipe shit. But I’d also dismiss that as a bunch of “everything used to be way better when I was young” dipshittery. But when you listed those 3 beers it was definitely a “one of these things is not like the other” thought. 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t spend any time in the beer thread, so I wouldn’t know about the recipe shit. But I’d also dismiss that as a bunch of “everything used to be way better when I was young” dipshittery. But when you listed those 3 beers it was definitely a “one of these things is not like the other” thought. 

It was mostly contrast to "hazy grapefruit IPA" or "anise and fennel sour beer" bullshit.  I don't read the beer thread either.  I mean, I love a Sierra Nevada or a Lagunitas, but in moderation, because those things are a little too high octane for my taste (meaning I don't like to get buzzed on two beers).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It was mostly contrast to "hazy grapefruit IPA" or "anise and fennel sour beer" bullshit.  I don't read the beer thread either.  I mean, I love a Sierra Nevada or a Lagunitas, but in moderation, because those things are a little too high octane for my taste (meaning I don't like to get buzzed on two beers).

Yeah. Im somewhere in between trash beer and sour/bitter/too hoppy beer that I swear folks claim to love the same way some folks love to eat ghost peppers. Gross isnt some badge of honor to me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

better hurry, y'all! the show is less than 3 weeks away and tickets are..... oh, widely available.

download (39).png

They would have to pay me far more than $29.50 to go and see that.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:51 PM, Gil Bang said:

oh yeah, it's all shitty beer.  It's awful.  Your town has a lovely brewery that makes a great pumpernickel stout that's SO much better than Bud Light or Modelo. They sell 1/100 of 1 percent of what the local bodega sells in bud light, but IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

Saved By The Bell Wtf GIF by Leroy Patterson

I'm pretty sure I've never had a Bud Light in my fridge, but had one last weekend.  We went to a taco truck by our house for breakfast, and they were offering free beer with every $10 minimum purchase of food.  Well of course, I'll take a free beer.  Turns out it was Bud Light.  I drank it with a smile on my face.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I'm pretty sure I've never had a Bud Light in my fridge, but had one last weekend.  We went to a taco truck by our house for breakfast, and they were offering free beer with every $10 minimum purchase of food.  Well of course, I'll take a free beer.  Turns out it was Bud Light.  I drank it with a smile on my face.

Groomer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

have you felt ‘gay’ since then ?

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Going all connoisseur snob over beer has always been weird to me.  It’s still beer, not a 30 year old scotch.  It’s like ordering the special at Olive Garden and then feeling superior to the guy at the next table who just ordered the regular lasagna like a hillbilly.

This has been my position all along. People who are beers snobs miss the fucking point of beer.

That said, Bud Light sucks. Give me a Bud heavy if I gotta do one.

12 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Going all connoisseur snob over beer has always been weird to me.  It’s still beer, not a 30 year old scotch.  It’s like ordering the special at Olive Garden and then feeling superior to the guy at the next table who just ordered the regular lasagna like a hillbilly.

1 hour ago, G650 said:

This has been my position all along. People who are beers snobs miss the fucking point of beer.

That said, Bud Light sucks. Give me a Bud heavy if I gotta do one.

The difference between a Bud Light and a basic lager from any craft brewery is night and day. Nothing like the difference between dishes at Olive Garden, but between anything at Olive Garden and anything at a local restaurant with higher standards. Most craft beer people genuinely enjoy the flavor of actual beer that's not watered down with rice and, well, water. If you're just drinking beer to get drunk I'm fine with a Natural Light, no judgment here. The thing I don't really get about Bud Light is that it isn't that much better than the cheaper domestic stuff, say Busch Light, so why pay the difference? I agree that I can at least genuinely enjoy a Bud Heavy from time to time. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The thing I don't really get about Bud Light is that it isn't that much better than the cheaper domestic stuff, say Busch Light, so why pay the difference?

I mean, it isn't. Bud Light is one of the worst beers of all time.

Craft brew guy here getting this back on track. I had to look up this "tour" a little more just for shits & giggles. He's playing 4 cities in June & July: Austin, Fort Worth, Nashville & his home-ish town of Detroit (Grand Funk Railroad is opening those shows, lulz). That's it. Less than a half dozen shows.

On ticketmaster it's hard to find a section at the Moody without 100+ seats available. I'm kinda surprised he didn't try for the Cedar Park Center. 6,000-7,000 seats would be a pretty packed house vs the empty arena he's going to be playing at in the Moody. Plus the Leanderthals and deep Wilco MAGATS are more likely to make the short trip vs driving into downtown Austin.

Any bets on Abbott proclaiming June 23rd Kid Rock day & inviting him to the governor's mansion?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

The difference between a Bud Light and a basic lager from any craft brewery is night and day. Nothing like the difference between dishes at Olive Garden, but between anything at Olive Garden and anything at a local restaurant with higher standards. Most craft beer people genuinely enjoy the flavor of actual beer that's not watered down with rice and, well, water. If you're just drinking beer to get drunk I'm fine with a Natural Light, no judgment here. The thing I don't really get about Bud Light is that it isn't that much better than the cheaper domestic stuff, say Busch Light, so why pay the difference? I agree that I can at least genuinely enjoy a Bud Heavy from time to time. 

I'm not going to stan for Bud Light, but are you still in college? Whats the difference in a dollar? For fuck's sake and a Lone Star Tall is basically the same price as a sixer is at the grocery store. The extra 2 bucks is something you'd even notice? I mean people pay 8 bucks for a 6-pack of hop flavored water with zero booze these days. 2 bucks for shit beer or slightly less shitty beer boggles my mind. 

As for getting this thread back on track, Fuck Kid Rock. He doesn't deserve a thread that is 100% about him all the time, even if it has his fucking name on it. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

So much this.  I don't give a fuck what people drink because it has zero effect on me.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/23/2023 at 5:10 AM, Bama Chick said:

Jesus.

Go get a pedicure, fellas.

Ya ain’t got to get polish.

Also, truly thick/crusty/calloused heels and skin could be a sign of an underlying health issue.

Bama Chick’s Tips for healthy and sexy feet-

-Monthly pedicures
-Buy a pumice stone stick and use weekly in the shower on your heels, sides and the balls of your feet.
280573cd693d37b9f8ca8cce820b9abe.jpg
-Buy some cuticle oil and use on the cuticles of your toes after you shower. This is my favorite-
cc5b8acf6713dbdd7230318e1277a22c.jpg
-Once a week, slather your feet in a hydrating foot cream and then put on moisturizing socks and sleep with them on.
4a2649906dc6b8c0735145e867edaaa0.jpg
This is my favorite foot cream and it even comes with a smoothing board!
581b91be242de7fb4cbf356f2d95c7d6.jpg

Your feet - and the women who share your bed - will thank you!

fans GIF

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not going to stan for Bud Light, but are you still in college? Whats the difference in a dollar? For fuck's sake and a Lone Star Tall is basically the same price as a sixer is at the grocery store. The extra 2 bucks is something you'd even notice? I mean people pay 8 bucks for a 6-pack of hop flavored water with zero booze these days. 2 bucks for shit beer or slightly less shitty beer boggles my mind. 

As for getting this thread back on track, Fuck Kid Rock. He doesn't deserve a thread that is 100% about him all the time, even if it has his fucking name on it. 

That's kind of my point. Bud Light and Busch Light are like Duff and Duff Lite, basically the same swill, so why pay even a dollar more? I drink craft beer so I'm paying quite a bit more per beer than either, and it is definitely worth it to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Isn't Busch Light bottom-of-the-barrel Bud Light like Milwaukee's Best Natural Light is bottom-of-the-barrel Miller Lite? I thought that was common knowledge.

Look, I'll drink Bud Light or Miller Lite in a pinch, like if it's the only thing available at a sporting event or party or something but I'm not buying it otherwise. I'll find something else to drink if the options are Busch Light or Beast.

Edited by C-Man

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Isn't Busch Light bottom-of-the-barrel Bud Light like Milwaukee's Best is bottom-of-the-barrel Miller Lite? I thought that was common knowledge.

Look, I'll drink Bud Light or Miller Lite in a pinch, like if it's the only thing available at a sporting event or party or something but I'm not buying it otherwise. I'll find something else to drink if the options are Busch Light or Beast.

I have not issue with drinking cheap, but if I do so, it'll be Busch Light, not Bud Light. Same shit. I also think Natty is lower on the scale than Busch, which I'm also cool with. Nothing compares to Milwaukee's Best, that shit is undrinkable. I think it uses corn syrup or some shit. 

Edited by 'stache

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I have not issue with drinking cheap, but if I do so, it'll be Busch Light, not Bud Light. Same shit. I also think Natty is lower on the scale than Busch, which I'm also cool with. Nothing compares to Milwaukee's Best, that shit is undrinkable. I think it uses corn syrup or some shit. 

Sorry, I misremembered. Natural Light is BOB Miller Lite, I think. They're all terrible. Like I won't touch Busch Light or Natural Light any longer. I'd rather not drink. But I'll drink American macro-swill if that's all that is available at a sporting event, concert or somebody's poor choices at a party. I won't like it but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Life's too short to drink bad beer.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Sorry, I misremembered. Natural Light is BOB Miller Lite, I think. They're all terrible. Like I won't touch Busch Light or Natural Light any longer. I'd rather not drink. But I'll drink American macro-swill if that's all that is available at a sporting event, concert or somebody's poor choices at a party. I won't like it but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Life's too short to drink bad beer.

Natural Light is an AB product. It's a cousin to Bud Light.  Milwaukee's Best is the poor cousin to Miller. 

Natural Light was introduced shortly after Miller Lite hit the market.  It was a "premium" beer, and was shoved aside when Bud Light came out. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 2

Some of you seem to profess that you don’t care what others drink, then proceed to judge people for drinking bud light. Who cares if someone drinks bud light, shiner bock, some craft brews, or even a glass of water. I’ve had all 4 in the same night.  Between the mass produced beers, I will order a bud light by default.  I’m open to trying unknown whiskeys/bourbons but I hate trying unknown beers. There’s a ton of shit out there imo.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some of you seem to profess that you don’t care what others drink, then proceed to judge people for drinking bud light. Who cares if someone drinks bud light, shiner bock, some craft brews, or even a glass of water.

I don't care -- I'm not going to get upset about what beer someone buys -- but it does give me information about that person that I use to form an opinion.  

It's like, I don't care what anyone else drives, but if I see someone driving a Pontiac Aztek, I'm going to think they might be an idiot.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some of you seem to profess that you don’t care what others drink, then proceed to judge people for drinking bud light. Who cares if someone drinks bud light, shiner bock, some craft brews, or even a glass of water. I’ve had all 4 in the same night.  Between the mass produced beers, I will order a bud light by default.  I’m open to trying unknown whiskeys/bourbons but I hate trying unknown beers. There’s a ton of shit out there imo.

The point of this little derail wasn't about beer snobbery; it was Gil expressing his opinion that craft beers are overrated, and a nice, cold Bud Light is just as good, using craft beers lack of popularity by comparison as some sort of knock against them.

These points are objectively and subjectively false. You're allowed to enjoy a Bud Light--even personally enjoy it more than better options (individual tastes being what they are and what not)--but don't pretend that it's all the same. I enjoy a Big Mac every now and then. But I don't pretend it's In-N-Out or Whataburger or Hodad's.

I'll happily drink a Bud Light if there's absolutely nothing else available with a big, dumb smile on my face...other than the initial scrunched face taste shock.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't care -- I'm not going to get upset about what beer someone buys -- but it does give me information about that person that I use to form an opinion.  

It's like, I don't care what anyone else drives, but if I see someone driving a Pontiac Aztek, I'm going to think they might be an idiot.

would have also accepted PT Cruiser

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Cheap beer has its place.  "Life's too short to drink cheap beer" is a silly mantra.  If I want a great pint or two, I'll spend $7 a pint to get it.  If I want a cheap buzz, I'll spend $1 a pint at HEB, in quantity.  Apples, oranges, grapefruit, whatever.

On 6/5/2023 at 1:23 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

She was so cute, too.

Yeah, and maybe I just have a type, but I think she looks incredibly hawt strutting around playing that guitar smiling in a see-through dress in that video above:

image.png.dbad9efb9cfcadb8962dcdabd7e9a5e8.png

I get people drinking Bud Light/CL/ML.  It's most likely someone who likes the numbing effect of alcohol but doesn't actually like the taste of beer (and I get that; there was a time when I didn't like the taste of beer.  

I don't get people drinking Budweiser, though.   That shit tastes like corn.

• Gil Bang changed the title to Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all