Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

There are times when you want to drink beer for many hours without getting shitfaced drunk.  Try that with a 9% IPA and you'll end up pissing your pants in front of company and sleeping on the couch for a week.

While you are, indeed, correct, I’m just going to come out and say it:

Seltzers are the way to go when day drinking. 5%, still have some semblance of a decent taste, won’t make you feel bloated as fuck like a six pack of Bud Lights would. Maybe mix in a Cutwater here or there.

Fight me.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This one out of OKC is pretty good at 4.3%, and uses rice like American lagers, so is cheaper than most other craft beers, but far less watery.

I'm not drinking some got-damned Okie beer.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not drinking some got-damned Okie beer.

Made in Oklahoma means by state law it'll make you super duper straight, like you're gonna love you some titties and dicks...I mean vag, totally gonna love that vag, no gayness whatsoever, promise.

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This one out of OKC is pretty good at 4.3%, and uses rice like American lagers, so is cheaper than most other craft beers, but far less watery.

https://stonecloudbrewing.com/beer/stonecloud-lite/

image.jpeg.76acce4b36dec6740af689c44721506e.jpeg

Hit the brewery when I was there last year for PJ. Really good beers. Also, the bartender remembered every person’s name in there at the time. Must be a savant or something because we were all from out of town. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Hit the brewery when I was there last year for PJ. Really good beers. Also, the bartender remembered every person’s name in there at the time. Must be a savant or something because we were all from out of town. 

Penis Jam?

Every small town in Montana has their own brewery, and every city has 5 or 8 of them. For that reason, I carry a couple of empty growlers in my truck at all times. I can be a bit of a beer snob, so I love drinking a couple of pints while grilling some ribeyes. But if I'm working in the yard or playing softball, there's nothing better than a bottle of Old Mil Light that's been on ice for an hour!

Edited by Burt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burt said:

Every small town in Montana has their own brewery, and every city has 5 or 8 of them. For that reason, I carry a couple of empty growlers in my truck at all times. I can be a bit of a beer snob, so I love drinking a couple of pints while grilling some ribeyes. But if I'm working in the yard or playing softball, there's nothing better than a bottle of Old Mil Light that's been on ice for an hour!

hunt_square.png

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

If we're talking about Montana beers and it being pride month, this is the one I'm partial to, but mainly because it's the only beer I'm aware of that you can find in Austin Texas.

image.png.028dab61553285f73f9b5ad83b93d54a.png

That's a pretty damn good light beer for outside drinkin' - plus they donate 8% of their net profits to local orgs in their distribution footprint. 

Edited by Captainant

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This thread is completely off the rails. Should we move it to DT?

Well so is Kid Rock, off the rails that is.    But I do enjoy talk of beer and muff.  

And to bring it on home to Hamms, the official beer of my father's drinking club that had a fishing problem (tied with Old Style to be fair):   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Well so is Kid Rock, off the rails that is.    But I do enjoy talk of beer and muff.  

And to bring it on home to Hamms, the official beer of my father's drinking club that had a fishing problem (tied with Old Style to be fair):   

I'm toward the tail-end of a Mad Men rewatch.  And I'm trying to picture the pitch meeting that resulted in that Hamm's beer commercial.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

It's shitfaced wildlife engaging in a ballgame awkwardly interrupted by 70's hipsters who will probably shoot them later.  What's not to comprehend?  

Oh, I got it.  I was just trying to imagine the pitch and the reaction from the Hamm's people, who were like, "That's it!"

Yeah, beer ads can really prove to be fun exercises in "how the fuck did we get here?"  it's literally the one product you can't show people enjoying on screen.  So then they invented pitches like, "We can't have the hot girl in the bathing suit drinking bud light, so what about a dog on a skateboard drinking the beer?"  And then flash forward to a washed up never-was shooting a fucking case of beer.  Weirdest fucking timeline;

• 2 months later...

Wait....does this mean I CAN'T look to Kid Rock any longer as an icon of honesty, integrity, and logical consistency?

FUCK.

I am now without my true north!  I shall drift rudderless until a new guide comes along to show me the way.  Pauly Shore, a nation turns its eyes to you!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....does this mean I CAN'T look to Kid Rock any longer as an icon of honesty, integrity, and logical consistency?

FUCK.

I am now without my true north!  I shall drift rudderless until a new guide comes along to show me the way.  Pauly Shore, a nation turns its eyes to you!

Bawitdaba, da bang, da dang diggy diggy diggy, said the boogie, said up jump the boogie

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

On 6/7/2023 at 3:53 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Yes.  Bud Light sales - 31.3 million barrels in 2022.  In 2022, small and independent brewers collectively produced 24.3 million barrels of beer.

They were still selling the Bud Light just in Modelo cans.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I can’t begin to express how important it is to me whether or not Kid Rock drinks Bud Light.  Hence the .gif.  VERY important 

And it's not even a little embarrassing that things like these are what "your side" spends most of its time obsessing over?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:47 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Bawitdaba, da bang, da dang diggy diggy diggy, said the boogie, said up jump the boogie

Allow me to retort.

Wake up and smell the cat food.  In your bank account. But don't try to stop the tail that wags the hound.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Allow me to retort.

Wake up and smell the cat food.  In your bank account. But don't try to stop the tail that wags the hound.

Allow ME to retort

Pray for blood
Pray for the cleansing, pray for the flood
Pray for the end of this nightmare
This lie of a life can as quickly as it came dissolve
We seek only reprieve
And welcome the darkness
The myth of a meaning so lost and forgotten (forgotten)

Take hold of my hand
For you are no longer alone
Walk with me in Hell

You know what?  You're fucked up drunk, you're thirsty again for another round, you're in some kinda VIP club area/suite.  You ask for a cold beer.  They bring you a beer, I could see how you don't even notice what it is by that point and just start drinking it.  Even if you're politically against that brand, drunk muscle memory takes over.  

However, several weeks before when you were organizing the event to specifically target a particular beverage brand, and you were presumably sober for the meeting with the venue to discuss logistics.  And they passed you a list of catering options, lighting options, valet details, hours of event, etc., etc., etc.  And you clearly saw "Bud Light" as one of the beer options that could be served because like every single other music venue in the United States (and oh yeah, you're a musician who's been touring in these types of venues for 30 years), they have a contract to serve a certain set of beers and liquors as part of their venue contract.  And you lucidly selected the venue and Bud Light anyway despite the spirit of the event.  Well, that's just absolutely perfect.  The complete embodiment of whiny ass, snowflake, Muh Freedoms culture that Kid Rock is a proud ambassador for.  And this utter and complete failure at economic negotiations means he is probably better qualified to be President than Donald Trump.  But have solace dipshits, Donald will likely make him Secretary of Commerce.  Can drink about 15 Heinekens.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Welp. Bud Light corporate suit casualty being thrown under the bus: https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/15/business/anheuser-busch-cmo-resign-bud-light/index.html

New YorkCNN — 

Anheuser-Busch InBev’s US chief marketing officer is stepping down after the company reported a slump in Bud Light sales, as the backlash against the beer continues.

In a statement Wednesday, Anheuser-Busch said Benoit Garbe, the company’s US chief marketing officer, “will be resigning at the end of the year in order to embark on a new chapter in his career.”

Garbe has been CMO for just over two years, according to his LinkedIn profile. The company said its US chief commercial officer Kyle Norrington will oversee marketing going forward.