Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

19 hours ago, Chooky said:

I think it's wise to avoid falling into the "younger generation are pussies" trope.  Guys about ten years younger than me commonly did three or five tours of duty in a foreign war.  I don't really feel inclined to tell them what a bunch of whiny twats they are.  Two tours was astounding for Vietnam.  And speaking of Vietnam, should we tell all of those guys to fuck off on Veteran's Day because we don't hand out "participation trophies?"  And aren't millennials like well over the age of thirty by now?  The laundry list of why Kid (middle-aged) Rock's song is fucking stupid is way too long.  And who canceled Congresswoman Liz Cheney?  Again, these questions could go on and on and on.  

thing that make you go hmmmm?

Also hilarious that a guy who made his name and fortune on the back of the "controversy" created from a white "rapper" saying lots of naughty words is now decrying cancel culture.

If I'm not mistaken, back then, it was the Republicans trying to ban him for all the harm his lyrics were doing to the poor, innocent children.

Edited by aggie08

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Bucka bucka, mothafucka!

A year ago, cultural luminaries like Salman Rushdie, Noem Chomsky, Wynton Marsalis, etc. released a letter decrying the damaging effects of our current manner of public discourse.  It’s a complex and nuanced issue that gets drowned out by the bleating anti-cancel-culture and politics as team sports crowds, but the problem is real.

Perhaps this movement for better and more open public discourse just needed a succinct and cogent rallying cry. If so, I nominate the above. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I like the part where he just made up random words to rhyme with motherfucker. 

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Bucka bucka, mothafucka!

Bucka bucka is made up but it has meaning--it's slang for a crew or group of people. Used to intimidate. Example from the slang dictionary: Bucka bucka...click click click.

You could use the singular which has several different meanings, but I suspect he is using the one above. Bucka bucka, you ain't never met....(he's a tough guy and no group from the hood has ever met someone as 'bad' as him in other words.)

He's really not very good at raprock, rockrap, whatever genre he thinks he's singing.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I like Duran Duran's Rio among other works, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get blasted for some of their lyrics over the years. I mean, really, I smell like I sound? Who writes this stuff?

Someone who's hungry like the wolf, I presume.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I like Duran Duran's Rio among other works, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get blasted for some of their lyrics over the years. I mean, really, I smell like I sound? Who writes this stuff?

If you're going to criticize Duran Duran, don't leave out the trail of dead hookers they left in the wake of their concerts.

Or maybe that was The Osmonds.   Whatever.

The point is, Kid Rock managed to extend his 15 minutes of fame into a few decades, and he's not going to give that up quietly.

He did. Pretty crazy isn't it?

I actually liked Duran Duran as a young teen, but that movie with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore--Music and Lyrics? Nailed it on some of the funny bits about writing a song. Did you ever wonder about song lyrics and how on earth they came up with some of the lines? I love the stories the Eagles told about how they wrote songs (when they weren't fighting with each other).

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you're going to criticize Duran Duran, don't leave out the trail of dead hookers they left in the wake of their concerts.

Or maybe that was The Osmonds.   Whatever.

The point is, Kid Rock managed to extend his 15 minutes of fame into a few decades, and he's not going to give that up quietly.

They played this song at ACLFest with an intro of "It was the 80s [shrug]."

Gotta admit, still pretty catchy and relevant to my interests.

Edited by Chad Fuck

32 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He did. Pretty crazy isn't it?

That's a hard 50 years old for somebody with his money - I'm not saying that I expected him to end up ODed on a hotel bathroom floor, but...

Sometimes people figure out how to hang onto their fame.  Fitlump is somehow threading the needle and positioning herself for higher office, and well thought she would crash and burn quickly.

• 1 month later...

Jfc this "song" is first in one of the rock Playlists I listen to on Amazon music. The assault on my ears reminded me of this thread.  Fuckin maga must be listening to this battered dogshit on repeat all day. You really can sell these rubes anything.

Edited by Bevo14

Upon further introspective review, I was wrong to say that Kyle Rittenhouse will be the VP on the future, winning Donald Trump Jr. ticket.  It will clearly be Kid Rock.  Because we deserve a VP whose first address will start with "Bucka, bucka, mothafucka!"

That is 100% what we deserve.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, Jive Turkey said:

his all time "best" is when he rhymed Yzerman with Heinkens.

I'm in it to win it like Yzerman
Could drink about 15 Heinekens

Don't care, that was a fun song that summer boating with chicks in grad school.  

It's our generation's "Take the Money and Run"

Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas

You know he knows just exactly what the facts is

He ain't gonna let those two escape justice

He makes his living off other people's taxes.  

(I mean seriously...that's fucking awful but the song just shines!)

On 12/30/2021 at 12:35 PM, Brisketexan said:

Upon further introspective review, I was wrong to say that Kyle Rittenhouse will be the VP on the future, winning Donald Trump Jr. ticket.  It will clearly be Kid Rock.  Because we deserve a VP whose first address will start with "Bucka, bucka, mothafucka!"

That is 100% what we deserve.

West coast pussy in every pot

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all