Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

so far I haven't.  But the Prohibition "Dirty Blonde" is pretty good if I find myself there. 

You’re in SoCal, right? The generic Mexican lager/Pilsner on tap (Pacifico, Dos Equis, Modelo) is a million times better than Bud Light. Hell, Corona is better than that. There’s not much worse than Bud/Bud Light.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I honestly thought he died after Joe Dirt until this nonsense blew up.

Which explains why he's so actively participating in said nonsense. At some point, you just gotta admire the grift.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

It would've been nice if Kid Rock died in 1994 instead of Kurt Cobain

I can’t agree with that. I’ve never been a fan of his music but I saw him make a guest appearance with Phish in Las Vegas on 9/29/00 and that was pretty cool. He came out and did vocals on Walk This Way, Rapper’s Delight > You Shook Me (All Night Long) to close the second set and on American Band for the encore. That rocked.

That was the first of a 2-night stand for Phish at the Thomas & Mack Center. The next night was Trey Anastasio’s birthday. That night Les Claypool was playing a late night gig at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay (with Colonel Les Claypool’s Fearless Flying Frog Brigade...see below). Trey showed up to jam with Les and guest Stewart Copeland for an Oysterhead reunion during the encore. Trey had made some reference to the strippers at Mandalay Bay at his show earlier that night and I gathered that they were all staying there and partying all weekend. I don’t know if that’s true but I choose to believe it was.

Check out Claypool’s setlist (which has nothing to do with Kid Rock so I’ll spoiler it):

Spoiler

SET 1: Thela Hun Ginjeet, Shattering Song -> Riders on the Storm -> Shattering Song, Hendershot, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Riddles -> Jerry Was a Race Car Driver -> Wynona's Big Brown Beaver -> Riddles

SET 2: Pigs on the Wing (Part I), Dogs, Pigs (Three Different Ones), Sheep, Pigs on the Wing (Part II)

ENCORE: Owner of the World[1] -> Smoke on the Water[1] -> Owner of the World[1], Tomorrow Never Knows[2]

[1] Performed by Oysterhead.
[2] With Trey Anastasio and Stewart Copeland.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:04 PM, Sawbonz said:

Stranglehold is a fantastic song 

I liked Nugent quite a bit when I was about 13-14 years old.

And, come to think of it, that's about perfect.  Most magats have the mentality of a 13-14 year old white kid.

Wang dang baby sweet poon tang, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I liked Nugent quite a bit when I was about 13-14 years old.

And, come to think of it, that's about perfect.  Most magats have the mentality of a 13-14 year old white kid.

Wang dang baby sweet poon tang, indeed.

Me too, but it was the debut album and Derek St. Holmes singing.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/6/2023 at 2:08 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yes, it’s not elite songwriting but at least  the subject matter includes medicating self-inflicted heartbreak and loneliness with drugs and booze. It’s not a Jason Isbell song but seems like “The Grand Tour” compared to this

fef8e8da-bf60-41b1-bff7-c3c8dd877816_text.gif

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

I wish Kid Rock died in 1994 just so I never would’ve had to read this

It explains a lot about WhatTheBuck. Not that we needed anymore explanation from that crazy ass tOSU scum, but whatever

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

It explains a lot about WhatTheBuck. Not that we needed anymore explanation from that crazy ass tOSU scum, but whatever

Scum? Really? That seems a little harsh. All I did was share a positive experience I had seeing Kid Rock live. Overreact much?

Oh, right.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Scum? Really? That seems a little harsh. All I did was share a positive experience I had seeing Kid Rock live. Overreact much?

Oh, right.

Eh, you're from Ohio so naturally you're scum. You're decent people. Still having trouble seeing "positive experience" and "Kid Rock" in the same sentence.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wait... We're supposed to be hatin' on Air Supply AND Richard Marxx?  Yeah, fuck that. 

When my boy played little league, and it was our game to work the announcers booth, I played Air Supply - a LOT of Air Supply - as the between innings bump music. Sometimes I would also play other stuff that you would hear at a roller rink in 1978….but always heavy on the Air Supply. Say what you will, my audience (parents who spent days at said roller rinks in the 70s) fucking loved it. Get in the mic, tease with “Remember folks…I’m all out of love….maybe we can fix that with a ‘couples skate’…”. Had em in the palm of my hand.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Eh, you're from Ohio so naturally you're scum. You're decent people. Still having trouble seeing "positive experience" and "Kid Rock" in the same sentence.

Apparently he filled in for Hetfield at a Metallica concert when he couldn’t go last minute and killed it. It’s possible to be talented and a complete piece of shit at the same time

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When my boy played little league, and it was our game to work the announcers booth, I played Air Supply - a LOT of Air Supply - as the between innings bump music. Sometimes I would also play other stuff that you would hear at a roller rink in 1978….but always heavy on the Air Supply. Say what you will, my audience (parents who spent days at said roller rinks in the 70s) fucking loved it. Get in the mic, tease with “Remember folks…I’m all out of love….maybe we can fix that with a ‘couples skate’…”. Had em in the palm of my hand.

I CURRENTLY have air supply’s greatest hits cassette loaded into the cassette player of our camper. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 4/7/2023 at 11:15 AM, Bama Chick said:

And y’all poke fun at me for loving Harry Styles lol.

Some of y’all have SUSPECT music taste emoji102.png

I mean, I just assumed it wasn't Harry Styles' music that you liked. 

On 4/8/2023 at 9:29 AM, Sawbonz said:

Apparently he filled in for Hetfield at a Metallica concert when he couldn’t go last minute and killed it. It’s possible to be talented and a complete piece of shit at the same time

I was at that concert, it was in Dallas in the old cowboys stadium in Irving. Hetfield fucked up his back wakeboarding or some shit. I would not say that Kid Rock "killed" it. He sang some of their songs, and so did some of the other artists who were on the ticket, as well as Jason Newsted. Lets just say I was happy we got free tickets to a replacement Metallica show in Dallas as compensation. The best part of that show was when Powerman 3000 was playing and for some reason the entire stadium decided to rip the seat covers off the chairs and flinging them around the stadium. It looked like a tornado of cushions was blowing through the arena.

Kid Rock is, at best just another normal person who can't handle change and got old and their brain was broken. At worst, he's what other posters have said, a loser trying to find an audience that will keep him relevant. 

• Gil Bang changed the title to Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all