2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I think what interests me most is that department going through job changes, meanwhile we gotta get actual coaches. Feels like you could always do the social media staff during summer or something. 

You are absolutely right. Steve Sarkisian is taking time away from vetting WR coaches so that he can review graphic design portfolios. It is definitely a very real problem that is currently occurring.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You are absolutely right. Steve Sarkisian is taking time away from vetting WR coaches so that he can review graphic design portfolios. It is definitely a very real problem that is currently occurring.

I mean I just want my Tashard Choice edit. Is that really too much to ask?

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Maybe they just wanna make sure Devon Campbell gets, like, the dankest edit ever

3 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Someone on here who knows more than me could maybe dispute what I’m gonna say. But losing Lange seems less than ideal. 

I’ll hang up and listen. 

There's a lot of good graphic designers and creative directors in the world, especially when the remit is as fun and full of good existing assets as UT football. Purely depends on the reason they decided to flip the department. 

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

There's a lot of good graphic designers and creative directors in the world, especially when the remit is as fun and full of good existing assets as UT football. Purely depends on the reason they decided to flip the department. 

This. Lange was fine. Whoever replaces him will be fine. Maybe he/she will be marginally better or marginally worse. It's nothing that's going to make or break the program. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

Someone on here who knows more than me could maybe dispute what I’m gonna say. But losing Lange seems less than ideal. 

I’ll hang up and listen. 

Doesn’t mean he won’t be able to do project work for them and it wouldn’t shock me if this was his decision. The guy probably puts in crazy hours and is at a point in his career where he can shift gears. 
Texas pulled him from Alabama right? they’ll find someone if they already haven’t. 

3 hours ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Wanted to mention that Sark did not "start cleaning house with creative" and did not let Lange or Turnquist go. First, creative department doesn't report to Sark, they report to DPP.

Second, both guys are very ambitious and talented individuals. While they both love sports, this part of the creative industry does not leave much room for career growth after you get to where they're at. Working directly for a team is typically much longer hours, much larger volume of work, and more work to oversee than other jobs outside of a sports program at their level. Matt didn't enjoy doing some aspects of his role that are necessary, but he was viewed very favorably in the department anyway. If they wanted to stay, they could have. They're both moving on to jobs that will allow them to have more time with their families, less volume, and more income.

Sark and Billy view their roles as an important part of the program and recruiting. so I have faith they will hire people who are hungry like Lange and Turnquist were and not hire just anybody. As of right now I'm not sure if their replacements are lined up or if that's something they'll wait until Spring or later for.

Moving on, I am excited to see what the recruiting trio of Banks, Choice, and Gilbert will be like. It can't be undersold how excellent a hire Gilbert was by Sark, he has been an absolute force for Texas this season. I am hoping Choice brings Texas an opportunity to build on that.

Do you have an analysis for @satyanash? I don’t want to leave anyone out.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

3 hours ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Wanted to mention that Sark did not "start cleaning house with creative" and did not let Lange or Turnquist go. First, creative department doesn't report to Sark, they report to DPP.

Second, both guys are very ambitious and talented individuals. While they both love sports, this part of the creative industry does not leave much room for career growth after you get to where they're at. Working directly for a team is typically much longer hours, much larger volume of work, and more work to oversee than other jobs outside of a sports program at their level. Matt didn't enjoy doing some aspects of his role that are necessary, but he was viewed very favorably in the department anyway. If they wanted to stay, they could have. They're both moving on to jobs that will allow them to have more time with their families, less volume, and more income.

Sark and Billy view their roles as an important part of the program and recruiting. so I have faith they will hire people who are hungry like Lange and Turnquist were and not hire just anybody. As of right now I'm not sure if their replacements are lined up or if that's something they'll wait until Spring or later for.

Moving on, I am excited to see what the recruiting trio of Banks, Choice, and Gilbert will be like. It can't be undersold how excellent a hire Gilbert was by Sark, he has been an absolute force for Texas this season. I am hoping Choice brings Texas an opportunity to build on that.

Great post. I was going to say something similar. I don’t think people realize how many hours the people have to put in who don’t make millions. It’s easier to do when you are a coach making millions or on your way to making millions, but the creative department has to bust their ass too and they make normal salaries.