Texas Football Roster 2022 -- "Welcome To The Party Pal"

LTtxfan

Everyone is down on the staff, and for good reason. But Texas’ problems are much bigger. 

No players drafted so far today. And CTJ’s assurances that Texas will be one of the top NIL players is the only thing keeping me from believing NIL isn’t going to be great for Texas. I keep seeing big money elsewhere and am not sure Texas (rich) alumni and donors have comparable passion to give that other schools have. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Everyone is down on the staff, and for good reason. But Texas’ problems are much bigger. 

No players drafted so far today. And CTJ’s assurances that Texas will be one of the top NIL players is the only thing keeping me from believing NIL isn’t going to be great for Texas. I keep seeing big money elsewhere and am not sure Texas (rich) alumni and donors have comparable passion to give that other schools have. 

I feel like we have a holistic holier than thou approach to NIL rather than cut throat ruthless. Seems we are going the University of Texas way with our approach. You see it in the fans reactions across various Texas boards “this isn’t what NIL was supposed to be” and similar sayings. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I feel like we have a holistic holier than thou approach to NIL rather than cut throat ruthless. Seems we are going the University of Texas way with our approach. You see it in the fans reactions across various Texas boards “this isn’t what NIL was supposed to be” and similar sayings. 

It wasn’t and we lead by far in legitimate nil

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

So by my count, since Spring Game portal entries are:

1. Myron Warren   DL
  2. Jaden Hullaby    LB/RB
  3. Jordon Thomas   Edge
  4. Kelvontay Dixon    WR
  5. Dajon Harrison      WR
  6. David Abiara         Edge

Still expect Hookfin and Liebrock to be departures or Medical exemptions as well.  And there might be 1-2 more DBs that might not return. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

My point exactly, using terms like “legitimate NIL”

Not sure what you are basing your feelings on. Are you thinking we will get 100% of anyone we target now? Or we should throw the bank at every player we "think" will help or be a good fit? 

We have been killing it since the end of the season, with a massive amount of turnover and an influx of OL and QB talent.

Don't panic based on one guys decision. He would have been one and done so perhaps a more measured approach is appropriate and use our resources where they will make a longer term improvement.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We are the dude who bought dinner and opened the doors all night for our hot date.....she hugs us at the door and tells us how nice we are and what a great date that was.  

10 minutes later, she texts some other dude to come over and bone her.

"But he didn't treat her right" is what we would cry at home, wanker in hand.

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

We are the dude who bought dinner and opened the doors all night for our hot date.....she hugs us at the door and tells us how nice we are and what a great date that was.  

10 minutes later, she texts some other dude to come over and bone her.

"But he didn't treat her right" is what we would cry at home, wanker in hand.

Yeah, but if you marry that chick, well let's just say it's better to find out now.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So by my count, since Spring Game portal entries are:

1. Myron Warren   DL
  2. Jaden Hullaby    LB/RB
  3. Jordon Thomas   Edge
  4. Kelvontay Dixon    WR
  5. Dajon Harrison      WR
  6. David Abiara         Edge

Still expect Hookfin and Liebrock to be departures or Medical exemptions as well.  And there might be 1-2 more DBs that might not return. 

Why does everyone keep bringing up liebrock? Serious question. 

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

Why does everyone keep bringing up liebrock? Serious question. 

Always hurt -- no production -- recruited over.

"Roster Darwinism"  😋 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, pacman said:

So we played against teams that fielded 26 2022 NFL draft picks, while we fielded 0.

Bright side, maybe the coaches did a better job in 2021 than we give them credit?

Fuck.

Texas is getting much better personnel on the offensive side of the ball, so that hopefully will show up in future NFL Drafts.

Still problems on defense though...  🙄

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It's only because that's what the administration has been preaching for eons. They've created this culture. Kids don't deserve to get paid and it is immoral to think otherwise (LOL). It's breaking but it's going to take time and then it's hard to turn it around when you're losing. I guarantee you there are many administrators who are putting on an act in public but bcd hate the new system that is coming in place.  It's not that way at most other blueblood programs.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Consider this.  Keontay Ingram's departure was met with less than one tear by Texas fans.  He's the only player that played at Texas that has been drafted thus far.

So you think we should have wanted him to stay so he could take a bunch of snaps from Bijan and get drafted with Texas next to his name?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pacman said:

So we played against teams that fielded 26 2022 NFL draft picks, while we fielded 0.

Bright side, maybe the coaches did a better job in 2021 than we give them credit?

Fuck.

We went 5-7 against a league that hasn’t a first round pick the last two seasons. We didn’t immediately  address a single need outside of QB and WR. We haven’t hit bottom yet

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, pacman said:

Fuck.

Truth doesn't register with many fans. It's always the damn coaches fault. WE ARE TEXAS and LOADED with talent all over the field. Just have to hire better corches, they say. Got to develop them boys!  /sarcasm 

No matter how many times the numbers say otherwise, the same excuses decade after decade. 

You would think after 4 decades more people would learn not to be brainwashed. Fortunately, the power is slowly being taken away from the real issue. It would speed up the progress if some wouldn't treat their school like it's God's church that can do no wrong. It's okay to callout the school for doing a terrible job. Hard to fix otherwise.

You should forget the numbers. If the fanatics don't like the truth, they'll just ignore it.

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

So you think we should have wanted him to stay so he could take a bunch of snaps from Bijan and get drafted with Texas next to his name?

Wouldn’t have taken that many.  He would have dropped them right away.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

We went 5-7 against a league that hasn’t a first round pick the last two seasons. We didn’t immediately  address a single need outside of QB and WR. We haven’t hit bottom yet

Umm, we signed 7 OL and 8 DL/Edge prospects. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Umm, we signed 7 OL and 8 DL/Edge prospects. 

And you’re expecting freshman to immediately turn the program around? They are as likely to leave as they are to contribute these days. I did fail to mention DB but we should’ve been hitting the portal much harder on the OL and at edge. We whiffed 

56 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

How fucking dumb was Sark not to keep Giles when he was hired? What a fucking idiot

thats why you dont hire a fucking OC to be a head coach at Texas

Can’t tell if this post is serious 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, futureman said:

are you serious? Giles was great here. 

He was fine in his first stint. He isn’t anything special. He was an okay recruiter who got retained in 2019 so we wouldn’t lose two layups in Collins and Broughton. He got taken to the cleaners repeatedly by Terry Price on the recruiting trail and Carrington had to basically recruit for him his last few years here.

Defensive lineman who played under him did not feel like that they were technically ready for the NFL. Charles Omenihu mentioned this in several interviews. 

If he was so great, he wouldn’t be coaching at Wyoming right now. Texas is the only P5 job he’s ever held. We upgraded both in coaching and recruiting with Bo Davis.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

And you’re expecting freshman to immediately turn the program around? They are as likely to leave as they are to contribute these days. I did fail to mention DB but we should’ve been hitting the portal much harder on the OL and at edge. We whiffed 

Your previous post has all the reasoning you need to understand why we will struggle to pull in defensive portal players. We went 5-7, gave up 60 points to Kansas and had zero players drafted. We signed a loaded DL/edge class so yeah we have to hope they can get us to 7 or 8 wins lol. Then maybe 10 as sophomores and juniors. We fucking suck. 8 wins will be great. 

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

9573893E-3B52-4E70-8928-18F560B15962.jpeg

We sure that’s Worthy? I noticed this morning that Whittington now has zero Texas stuff on his IG page, but couldn’t fathom him leaving so I didn’t say anything.

3 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

If you want to just go 8-4 every year like A&M, then load up on one year portal rentals. Otherwise, the prudent thing to do is load up on freshmen and build for the long haul. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

If you want to just go 8-4 every year like A&M, then load up on one year portal rentals. Otherwise, the prudent thing to do is load up on freshmen and build for the long haul. 

And pray the freshmen don’t portal after you spent 2 years building them into grown men

Point to the last transfer we've lost who was a productive contributor and not someone who got buried on the depth chart. Casey Thompson was maybe the closest example, but he left because he knew he was getting replaced. 

I'd rather go 8-4 next year than drive away hardworking talented freshmen with one year transfers and go 9-3.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Snacks said:

We didn't sign any 2022 draft picks, so it's not immediate.

He said "We didn’t immediately  address a single need outside of QB and WR."  The need was addressed immediately when we signed them in December.

If he meant to say "we didn't get anybody to address the immediate need", then he should have said so.

Regardless, the extreme thirst for immediate roster gratification isn't what's best for this team in the long haul.

Just now, Hornlover said:

He said "We didn’t immediately  address a single need outside of QB and WR."  The need was addressed immediately when we signed them in December.

If he meant to say "we didn't get anybody to address the immediate need", then he should have said so.

Regardless, the extreme thirst for immediate roster gratification isn't what's best for this team in the long haul.

It wasn’t and relying on freshmen OL and DL is a fucking retarded strategy to take. 

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

9573893E-3B52-4E70-8928-18F560B15962.jpeg

If they don't get a handle on this shit I'm definitely going to be out. Sports aren't worth watching if they're like that. At least the corrupt as fuck NFL has a draft and contracts and people can't just leave any time they feel like it. 

42 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It wasn’t and relying on freshmen OL and DL is a fucking retarded strategy to take. 

If you're too regarded to understand the difference between "addressed immediately" and "addressed the immediate need", I'm not sure you're the genius we need to listen to about strategy.

You're so focused on whether or not we win in 2022 (replying on freshmen OL and DL) that you're losing sight of the bigger picture - which is developing depth and experience and running 15 OL and DL through the program and hoping to get 5 or 6 that hit so that we can try to compete for titles at some point.

Just a reminder on this October 2021 waiver for 7 more Scholarships

(Don't really understand all the specifics on this, but for those that are concerned about numbers it does help...  😋 )

DI Council approves one-year waiver of football scholarship limits

The Division I Council this week approved a one-year waiver of the annual signing limit and initial scholarship limits in football to allow schools to replace up to seven scholarship student-athletes who leave school after the first term.  

Both the Football Bowl and Football Championship subdivisions approved the waiver.  Council members acknowledged the solution was temporary but necessary; a more permanent solution will be considered in the coming months.

The waiver addresses concerns about potentially high numbers of college athletes transferring after all student-athletes were given the opportunity to compete immediately after transferring for the first time. It will apply at the end of the first term (students who depart on or after the earlier of the last day of the school's fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, which is the first day of the early National Letter of Intent signing period).     https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-10-06/di-council-approves-one-year-waiver-football-scholarship-limits