That fucking Applebee’s song is nominated for a Grammy

Buzzrock

I honestly didn’t think the awards shows could become a bigger joke. Just unreal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/23/arts/music/grammys-nominee-list.html

At least Mastodon, Gojira, Isbell, Stapleton, Black Pumas and a few other actual good musicians snagged nominations. Nominating Cornell for Nothing Compares 2 U seems like a lifetime award kind of move, or like when they give the Heisman to a guy who’s had a good college career but maybe not a particularly good career. Or Leo finally getting his Oscar.

What’s the difference between record of the year and song of the year?

• 2 months later...

That song and its popularity is how we know we are in the decline of Western Civilization. 

Edit:  and I guarantee y'all have heard it but didn't realize it was actually a real song and not a jingle. 

Edited by Hate

21 hours ago, Hate said:

That song and its popularity is how we know we are in the decline of Western Civilization. 

Edit:  and I guarantee y'all have heard it but didn't realize it was actually a real song and not a jingle. 

Yes. This is the first retarded song that's ever made it big. 

That is to say, the writing's been on the wall. 

It’s just a good, hearty song for real Americans who want to get out there and get back to normal with good food and good music and don’t wanna be shut down by Covid mandates that tell us how to eat and how to rock.   Mmmmmkay!?!?!?   

The “artist” was interviewed on the ticket in Dallas, the song sucks and he owns up to it laughing all the way. Said he’d been trying to make good music for 10-15 yrs in Nashville while also working retail jobs at Costco to put food on the table (~4 kids), dropped from a few labels, and then this song just struck lightning. Could tell he was almost embarrassed by it all but came away pulling for the guy. 

The “artist” was interviewed on the ticket in Dallas, the song sucks and he owns up to it laughing all the way. Said he’d been trying to make good music for 10-15 yrs in Nashville while also working retail jobs at Costco to put food on the table (~4 kids), dropped from a few labels, and then this song just struck lightning. Could tell he was almost embarrassed by it all but came away pulling for the guy. 

Yeah it’s hard to blame him really. I had a friend in a band years ago he he told me if they would pay him to write songs for shampoo commercials he’d do it. It’s a tough business.