Laptop Docking Stations

So for work I'm issued a Lenovo L14.  Since the pandemic, I'm working from home.  All I do is plug in a monitor (HDMI) and open the laptop and there are my two screens.  Gotta have the two different (extended) screens for the editing/drafting I do.

Before the pandemic I had an old school docking station for a prior Lenovo model.  The kind you click in.  This L14 won't do that, so I am looking for a relatively cheap docking station for work.  At work, I don't want to use the laptop.  I want to use dual (extended, not duplicated) monitors and a separate mouse and keyboard.  When I am at work I plug into the ethernet.

I'm pretty sure it's a standard USB C interface. 

There is so much shit out there on the market -- anyone here use a good generic one that's cheap?  My monitors are pretty old (VGA and DVI) so I am expecting I will need a converter or just a new monitor. 

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

So for work I'm issued a Lenovo L14.  Since the pandemic, I'm working from home.  All I do is plug in a monitor (HDMI) and open the laptop and there are my two screens.  Gotta have the two different (extended) screens for the editing/drafting I do.

Before the pandemic I had an old school docking station for a prior Lenovo model.  The kind you click in.  This L14 won't do that, so I am looking for a relatively cheap docking station for work.  At work, I don't want to use the laptop.  I want to use dual (extended, not duplicated) monitors and a separate mouse and keyboard.  When I am at work I plug into the ethernet.

There is so much shit out there on the market -- anyone here use a good generic one that's cheap?  My monitors are pretty old (VGA and DVI) so I am expecting I will need a converter or just a new monitor. 

This may be some help. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-usb-type-c-hubs

Although some companies still call them "docking stations," the more generic name these days is USB-C hubs.

9 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Dont know about cheap for a full dock, but for a generic/3rd party one, Anker is good first place to look.

This one is cheap for just video - no accessory docking - https://us.anker.com/collections/hubs-docks/products/a8324

Take money you save and buy new monitor.  No reason to still have VGA/DVI stuff around.