2021-2022 Texas Rangers Offseason Thread

CowtownHorn

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:
9 minutes ago, ztejas said:
This makes me a bit more nervous about extending Woodward. 

After the cold hard cash Woodward is probably one of the reasons we got seager. That said, we gotta pull the rug fast if this doesn't turn around.

We do have a couple years to develop some farm guys and flesh out the pitching staff before we should be expected to contend (at least at this point - who knows if they're done writing checks). But if it's 2023 and we're below .500 or something at the ASB I hope they don't hesitate to make a change. 

42 minutes ago, warhorn8 said:

Am I the only one not thrilled about Semien? Think it will be good for a couple of years, but 7 years is a long time for a 31 year old...

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

hopefully years 5-6-7 he is above average DH and they develop a young SS to fill that hole.

51 minutes ago, warhorn8 said:

Am I the only one not thrilled about Semien? Think it will be good for a couple of years, but 7 years is a long time for a 31 year old...

I'm a little more excited about Semien and hoping he can get close to what he did last year for a few seasons. Sure it's a long deal but so is 10 years for a 27 y/o that's had some injury issues. Semien has finished 3rd in MVP voting twice in the past 3 years. It's been awhile since we've had anyone like that. 

I wonder what kind of trade value IKF may have. Middle infield should look quite nice...it had better.

Box of sunflower seeds and opened pack of grape Big League Chew. He was just a placeholder imo. He wasn’t terrible but with his offense where it’s been he just won’t bring any top talent.

6 hours ago, warhorn8 said:

It worries me as well, that and the fact that he was below average offensively until breaking out in 2019 during his 28-year-old season. He'll turn 32 next September.

But when you've been as bad as the Rangers have, you've got to overpay to land talent. I think the owners finally realized they'd become not even an afterthought in DFW and they could no longer wait on a Houston Astros' like rebuild through the draft. (Don't even get me started on JD's abysmal record as it comes to the draft though there are signs they're doing better the last couple of years maybe.)