Arterio Morris

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, torre said:

“It’s disturbing that this case is being tried on social media without any regard for the facts,” Morris’ attorney Justin Moore told the American-Statesman. “We look forward to dispelling all rumors and defending any allegation against Arterio in a court of law.

“The right to due process is an important function in American society,” he added, “and we applaud the University of Texas for not rushing to judgement before Arterio has had the ability to fully defend himself.”

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/longhorns/mens-basketball/2022/07/15/texas-basketballs-arterio-morris-arrested-in-june-on-assault-charge/65372799007/

Moore is a SMU Law grad,  only 9 years experience.

Refresh my memory,  have DWI's, fights, etc.,  previously resulted in a temporary suspension pending investigation ? 

They don’t announce it. I’m talking football, primarily. That’s the program that tends to have the most off the field incidents. Usually something low key will be released as the season opener approaches and the athletic department issues something regarding players being available. 

Even if the program parts ways with a player it’s handled low key, with the player making an announcement they’re going in a different direction - usually to another school - without any reference to what caused it. 

Don’t remember too many domestic assault incidents, though. Kind of a different ball of wax. 

I’m sure the Moore guy is a local attorney in the area that the Mom hired. Glad Morris has an attorney. I don’t think this case needs Perry Mason or anything, as serious as it is. Unfortunately domestic abuse is one of the most common citations local law enforcement have to deal with, so the process tends to be on railroad tracks. Not high speed railroad tracks, mind you. But it’s a pretty linear process. 

Moore isn't just some guy. 

Born in Dallas, Texas, Justin is a graduate of Morehouse College and SMU Dedman School of Law. He also studied Human Rights law at University College at the University of Oxford in Oxford, U.K. After law school, Justin served as a prosecutor at the Dallas County District Attorney’s office, prior to establishing his private practice that focuses on criminal law, civil rights litigation, prisoner clemency, police brutality cases, sports contract negotiation and campaign management.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

They don’t announce it.

Is this true? When Ibraheem was in trouble, Texas announced a suspension while the legal process played out. They were more serious charges. 

My assumption is common practice is to generally suspend the player until the investigation or legal process plays out. Since that isn't happening here with Morris, it doesn't seem like they have any intention to get rid of him. Maybe the suspension will still happen. 

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm a little uncomfortable with binary psychological diagnoses that anyone is a predator or otherwise incapable of change, especially from armchair psychologists, with all due respect to SLX. 

It's like saying alkies lack willpower to quit. 

If nothing else we may lack the tools to treat successfully, or few undergo the treatment,or few succeed with the treatment. 

Fair enough. I’ve seen plenty of alcoholics quit. I’ve helped quite a few. I have never seen a predator stop being a predator. To return to armchair analysis (which, to be fair to me is all I do on here regardless of subject - I’m no more an expert on men’s basketball than I am narcissistic/psychopathic behaviors) to me it has to do with the genetic component. There has been a species need for predatory behavior historically to ensure its survival. Specifically on the tribal level. The genetic makeup of predators has been successfully passed down since even before we became bipedal.. Think Genghis Khan passing down his traits, on a smaller scale, but multiplied by a billion or so.  

There is no equivalent need for the alcoholism trait to ensure the survival of the species. Alcohol didn’t even exist until relatively modern times in mankind’s existence.

It creates a core component in some of us that’s way more central to who we are than alcoholism is to an alcoholic - and that’s saying something, since overcoming that compulsion for identity which drinking gives an alcoholic is arguably the hardest thing to crack. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Born in Dallas, Texas, Justin is a graduate of Morehouse College and SMU Dedman School of Law. He also studied Human Rights law at University College at the University of Oxford in Oxford, U.K. After law school, Justin served as a prosecutor at the Dallas County District Attorney’s office, prior to establishing his private practice that focuses on criminal law, civil rights litigation, prisoner clemency, police brutality cases, sports contract negotiation and campaign management.

Yeah, he's a climber.

14 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is this true? When Ibraheem was in trouble, Texas announced a suspension while the legal process played out. They were more serious charges. 

My assumption is common practice is to generally suspend the player until the investigation or legal process plays out. Since that isn't happening here with Morris, it doesn't seem like they have any intention to get rid of him. Maybe the suspension will still happen. 

That’s a great example. I was thinking more along the lines of Cedric Benson’s different legal woes, including kicking a teammate’s door down to get his TV back, or Kindle walking away from his car accident. I don’t know. There have been so many. It feels like it’s part and parcel with having a football program trying to be competitive, even if it’s unsuccessful at doing so.

I absolutely feel like we could still see a suspension. That’s a coaching decision. I mean, to be honest anything could happen. I just see it very similarly to you in that if Texas and Morris were going to part ways there would be clearer indications of it already. To me whatever smoking gun is involved with this matter, it’s already been posted to Caden Barnes’ Instagram account. In one sense almost literally. 

Anyway, I’m honestly hoping for some kind of suspension. I don’t have a convicted thought on the length of it, but something to acknowledge in a tangible way that’s not “we’ll handle discipline internally” that what Morris did was flat out wrong. 

48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm a little uncomfortable with binary psychological diagnoses that anyone is a predator or otherwise incapable of change, especially from armchair psychologists, with all due respect to SLX. 

If nothing else we may lack the tools to treat successfully, or few undergo the treatment,or few succeed with the treatment. 

Agreed, I think that's a big fundamental problem our society has, that we don't value rehabilitation. This kid is very young and easily can be set on the right path.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Agreed, I think that's a big fundamental problem our society has, that we don't value rehabilitation. This kid is very young and easily can be set on the right path.

I’m not talking about Morris specifically. It’s unclear he’s actually a predator. You referred to him as a proto predator. 

For one, men who are successful at being predatory look for vulnerable women (or men, depending on sexual preference). Women who are prone to insecurities. Women who had poor or absent relationships with their father. Women who crave a sense of security practically above all else. There’s a very typical profile they tend to seek out. This stuff is always on a spectrum, but they’re looking for women who are on the far side of it. 

They do this with a series of tests. At first they will shower the target with compliments. But at some point they’ll throw a jab in there to see how the target reacts. If they get pushback, they’ll play it off, “Oh, I was only joking. Don’t take it so seriously!”

For predators they know it’s a numbers game. They just need to find someone compliant enough. For some predators it’s enough to discard the target once they’ve been sexually conquered. Frankly, if sexual conquest is the only aim there likely isn’t much of a need for rehabilitation.

For others, that’s not enough ownership. So they’ll go about isolating the victim from anyone who might be another source of esteem and/or counsel. They find different levers of control. For these kinds of predators really the only “cure” is for them to find someone compliant enough. If their victim seeks escape that’s when the behavior can become unhinged, up to and including murder. 

Most people can be socialized in one form or another to pursue normative behaviors. Therapy is simply another tool to achieving this, as are various pharmaceutical drugs used for treatment. But so is parental instruction, schooling, peer pressure, etcetera. Plenty of psychopaths out there with no ability to feel empathy for another human being, and a powerful cognizance that all they really care about is getting their specific needs met, and yet they remain functioning members of society - often times highly functioning members of society - because they’ve been successfully socialized while growing up to behave within agreed upon normal parameters. They can still get their needs met and they don’t put themselves at risk of ostracism through the consequence of unconstrained behavior. 

The older one becomes, though, the harder it is to socialize aberrant behavior. Particularly inherent aberrant behavior, which is what we’re talking about with predators. They have almost certainly been rewarded in some fashion for their outlook, and by definition not only see nothing wrong with how they behave, but see themselves as better than other people in part because of their behavior. 

In any case, Morris doesn’t fit this profile in a number of ways. None of us actually have a lot of information. How did Caden and Morris meet? How long have they been dating? How well did they get along? What was attractive about the other person? What was their communication style? 

But she doesn’t present herself as vulnerable or willing to be isolated. And Morris doesn’t seem to have tried to achieve that. He may just not have sufficient resources, especially compared to her. His efforts at control seem clumsy and ham handed. They’re not from someone who is good at manipulation. They’re the efforts of someone who is desperate to keep her attention and doesn’t understand how to do it. He’s like the little boy who pulls the hair of the cute girl in class because he doesn’t have the tools to get her attention any other way. 

Doesn’t make it okay, but he also doesn’t fit the profile of the predatory men I’ve encountered. Like you said before, Brian Fontana, maybe he’s a proto predator. Dunno. But Morris is not fitting the profile based on what Caden Barnes has shared of  the kind of person I consider beyond counseling. Doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong. It’s just based on my experience, and my read on it. It’s also not an effort by me to defend Morris and his actions or make them seem more palatable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I’m not talking about Morris specifically. It’s unclear he’s actually a predator. You referred to him as a proto predator. 

For one, men who are successful at being predatory look for vulnerable women (or men, depending on sexual preference). Women who are prone to insecurities. Women who had poor or absent relationships with their father. Women who crave a sense of security practically above all else. There’s a very typical profile they tend to seek out. This stuff is always on a spectrum, but they’re looking for women who are on the far side of it. 

They do this with a series of tests. At first they will shower the target with compliments. But at some point they’ll throw a jab in there to see how the target reacts. If they get pushback, they’ll play it off, “Oh, I was only joking. Don’t take it so seriously!”

For predators they know it’s a numbers game. They just need to find someone compliant enough. For some predators it’s enough to discard the target once they’ve been sexually conquered. Frankly, if sexual conquest is the only aim there likely isn’t much of a need for rehabilitation.

For others, that’s not enough ownership. So they’ll go about isolating the victim from anyone who might be another source of esteem and/or counsel. They find different levers of control. For these kinds of predators really the only “cure” is for them to find someone compliant enough. If their victim seeks escape that’s when the behavior can become unhinged, up to and including murder. 

Most people can be socialized in one form or another to pursue normative behaviors. Therapy is simply another tool to achieving this, as are various pharmaceutical drugs used for treatment. But so is parental instruction, schooling, peer pressure, etcetera. Plenty of psychopaths out there with no ability to feel empathy for another human being, and a powerful cognizance that all they really care about is getting their specific needs met, and yet they remain functioning members of society - often times highly functioning members of society - because they’ve been successfully socialized while growing up to behave within agreed upon normal parameters. They can still get their needs met and they don’t put themselves at risk of ostracism through the consequence of unconstrained behavior. 

The older one becomes, though, the harder it is to socialize aberrant behavior. Particularly inherent aberrant behavior, which is what we’re talking about with predators. They have almost certainly been rewarded in some fashion for their outlook, and by definition not only see nothing wrong with how they behave, but see themselves as better than other people in part because of their behavior. 

In any case, Morris doesn’t fit this profile in a number of ways. None of us actually have a lot of information. How did Caden and Morris meet? How long have they been dating? How well did they get along? What was attractive about the other person? What was their communication style? 

But she doesn’t present herself as vulnerable or willing to be isolated. And Morris doesn’t seem to have tried to achieve that. He may just not have sufficient resources, especially compared to her. His efforts at control seem clumsy and ham handed. They’re not from someone who is good at manipulation. They’re the efforts of someone who is desperate to keep her attention and doesn’t understand how to do it. He’s like the little boy who pulls the hair of the cute girl in class because he doesn’t have the tools to get her attention any other way. 

Doesn’t make it okay, but he also doesn’t fit the profile of the predatory men I’ve encountered. Like you said before, Brian Fontana, maybe he’s a proto predator. Dunno. But Morris is not fitting the profile based on what Caden Barnes has shared of  the kind of person I consider beyond counseling. Doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong. It’s just based on my experience, and my read on it. It’s also not an effort by me to defend Morris and his actions or make them seem more palatable. 

George Clooney Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 6

BTW, I’ll give some famous examples. Harvey Weinstein was never going to be rehabilitated. OJ Simpson. Jeffrey Epstein. Kevin Spacey. Bill Cosby. 

There are men who exhibit similar patterns of behavior all over the world. They’ve existed since mankind became a species. We’re not going to rehabilitate these behaviors away. Thinking that we will is naive and flat out dangerous. 

What can be done is to make the consequences severe enough that it curbs the worst of the behaviors, and to educate daughters (or sons) and other women to look for the tell tale flags and run away at the first opportunity. The most important defense is a healthy, core sense of self esteem, so when you’re being treated like shit you can recognize and understand you do not deserve this behavior, nor will you tolerate it. That enters dangerous “blame the victim” territory which I do not hold, but just like there are very discernible patterns of predatory males, there are also definitely discernible patterns with their victims, too. If predatory males weren’t rewarded for their pattern of behavior, they would seek another pattern. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Yeah he's had a couple of high profile cases in his relatively short career. I've come across his name before.

Based on what we know now I don’t have a problem with Morris not having been suspended yet.  Beard, CDC and whoever else needs to be involved at UT should still be gathering facts before handing out any kind of punishment.  A suspension should wait until more is known and there is plenty of time until the first game.  From what we know I do feel like at the least the gun video should warrant a couple games suspension.

The University of Texas quickly discarding of any student who has allegations brought against them in contradictory to the mission of the university.  This is a kid who got into a relationship that he never should have been in.  A 23 year old should never be dating a high school kid.  He has clearly made some poor choices in that relationship.  I feel like he’s just a kid who desperately needs guidance, a stable support system and good role models around him.  He gets that by being at the university and in the basketball program.  Kicking him off the team and out of school likely worsens the problem and potentially sends his life into a downward spiral that he never recovers from.  That may be justified later but we don’t have enough info yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Allow me to be the fifth person to both rep and praise this post.

I'm gravely concerned for Arterio if he is guilty of any of the behaviors his former g/f alleges. That said, her comments should not be construed as fact. People have agendas, and seeing as how she's an attention seeker by nature, her comments should be read with at least a modicum of skepticism.

However, if she is proven true, it would still be folly to pronounce Arterio beyond redemption. It is not for us to determine how much change and growth an individual can affect, especially when they are still a teenager. Moore has millions of reasons to get his shit together and become a different man. That might not happen at Texas, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

And to repeat--none of us knows what has gone down between these two. I fully trust Beard to figure things out and make the appropriate decision.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Allow me to be the fifth person to both rep and praise this post.

I'm gravely concerned for Arterio if he is guilty of any of the behaviors his former g/f alleges. That said, her comments should not be construed as fact. People have agendas, and seeing as how she's an attention seeker by nature, her comments should be read with at least a modicum of skepticism.

However, if she is proven true, it would still be folly to pronounce Arterio beyond redemption. It is not for us to determine how much change and growth an individual can affect, especially when they are still a teenager. Moore has millions of reasons to get his shit together and become a different man. That might not happen at Texas, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

And to repeat--none of us knows what has gone down between these two. I fully trust Beard to figure things out and make the appropriate decision.

No one has pronounced Arterio beyond redemption that I’m aware of. I think the worst that could be said is some people have insisted he finds his redemption somewhere else. 

I have said that predatory men cannot be rehabilitated. They will pursue the same pattern of behavior in their next relationship. That’s not the same thing. 

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

No one has pronounced Arterio beyond redemption that I’m aware of. I think the worst that could be said is some people have insisted he finds his redemption somewhere else. 

I have said that predatory men cannot be rehabilitated. They will pursue the same pattern of behavior in their next relationship. That’s not the same thing. 

Untrue. People can change I’ve seen it first hand. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Untrue. People can change I’ve seen it first hand. 

I’ve seen too much damage done from the belief a predator will change - or has changed - to believe it. It’s like expecting a narcissist to change. They can mask it, but they can’t change it. 

But yes, people can change. Just not that. 

12 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I’ve seen too much damage done from the belief a predator will change - or has changed - to believe it. It’s like expecting a narcissist to change. They can mask it, but they can’t change it. 

Bullshit I’ve seen it first hand. Just because you say it and give some examples of those that haven’t changed doesn’t mean people can’t. But give us another long winded reply about how you’re right and that everything is absolute and final with “certain” people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

You seem to have some past trauma with a predator that you are basing your beliefs on.  In this instance we’re talking about an 18 year old.  It is absolutely possible for an 18 year old to change their life around no matter what they’ve done.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Bullshit I’ve seen it first hand. Just because you say it and give some examples of those that haven’t changed doesn’t mean people can’t. But give us another long winded reply about how you’re right and that everything is absolute and final with “certain” people. 

Well, tell me about your first hand experience if you want. And don’t worry. Another long winded reply is coming at some point or another, so get those TL;DR responses ready!

I’ve been party to too many conversations of, “He told me this time would be different. He told me he didn’t want to lose me, that he loved me.” Only to see the same cycle of behavior repeated over and over. 

I’ll say this for certain. I wouldn’t want my daughter in a serious relationship with someone who had exhibited strong predatory behavior on the hope he’s undergone a transformative change. I’ve seen too:many women go out of their way to excuse the behavior only to end up on the receiving end. 

7 minutes ago, txhorns said:

You seem to have some past trauma with a predator that you are basing your beliefs on.  In this instance we’re talking about an 18 year old.  It is absolutely possible for an 18 year old to change their life around no matter what they’ve done.

I’ve volunteered in three different women’s shelters over the course of my life and given almost a hundred presentations on the subject. I wouldn’t identify it as one specific trauma. Just a whole lot of them added up. 

I’ve already said I don’t think Morris fits the profile of what I’m describing, but it was in a “long winded reply” as rockethorn aptly stated, so I don’t blame you if you didn’t read it. 

Edited by SL Xpress

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

BTW, I’ll give some famous examples. Harvey Weinstein was never going to be rehabilitated. OJ Simpson. Jeffrey Epstein. Kevin Spacey. Bill Cosby. 

There are men who exhibit similar patterns of behavior all over the world. They’ve existed since mankind became a species. We’re not going to rehabilitate these behaviors away. Thinking that we will is naive and flat out dangerous. 

Stereotyping, generalizing, and using static evaluation on a group of people is also naive and flat out dangerous.  You’re correct to say predatory men have existed since the beginning of time; however, what is problematic is saying no matter the person, their behavior can’t be rehabilitated.  For some, you could be correct, but there’s no evidence for your claim to say it should be applied to ALL people who are like that.  I don’t condone the behavior, but I also can’t say no one with that behavior ever changes because I don’t have the evidence to prove it. Now, if there’s some research out there that shows that every single predatory male has never changed in the history of mankind, then please, send it my way so I can read it.  I have access to so many academic search engines, I’m bound to find it.  Something tells me I won’t, though. 

It really makes me wonder who else you’ve used this dangerous line of thinking on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Stereotyping, generalizing, and using static evaluation on a group of people is also naive and flat out dangerous.  You’re correct to say predatory men have existed since the beginning of time; however, what is problematic is saying no matter the person, their behavior can’t be rehabilitated.  For some, you could be correct, but there’s no evidence for your claim to say it should be applied to ALL people who are like that.  I don’t condone the behavior, but I also can’t say no one with that behavior ever changes because I don’t have the evidence to prove it. Now, if there’s some research out there that shows that every single predatory male has never changed in the history of mankind, then please, send it my way so I can read it.  I have access to so many academic search engines, I’m bound to find it.  Something tells me I won’t, though. 

It really makes me wonder who else you’ve used this dangerous line of thinking on.  

Wonder away. 

As I’ve already said, I’ve seen way more damage done with the belief a predatory man has changed than any damage I’ve done by believing they aren’t able to. 

2 hours ago, txhorns said:

Based on what we know now I don’t have a problem with Morris not having been suspended yet.  Beard, CDC and whoever else needs to be involved at UT should still be gathering facts before handing out any kind of punishment.  A suspension should wait until more is known and there is plenty of time until the first game.  From what we know I do feel like at the least the gun video should warrant a couple games suspension.

The University of Texas quickly discarding of any student who has allegations brought against them in contradictory to the mission of the university.  This is a kid who got into a relationship that he never should have been in.  A 23 year old should never be dating a high school kid.  He has clearly made some poor choices in that relationship.  I feel like he’s just a kid who desperately needs guidance, a stable support system and good role models around him.  He gets that by being at the university and in the basketball program.  Kicking him off the team and out of school likely worsens the problem and potentially sends his life into a downward spiral that he never recovers from.  That may be justified later but we don’t have enough info yet.

Your 2nd paragraph here is why I suggested the best course of action would be to sit him for a year and enroll him in counseling/anger management and let him bask in the program and those support systems and grow as a person. Then in his 2nd year you get a much more mature guy representing your school on and off the court and the PR hit is minimal.

It's probably worth noting that the Title IX department is probably going to drive most of this. Beard/CDC will be involved of course, but ultimately if Title IX says he has to go, they don't really have much choice. The closest example of something like this happening to a Beard player was at Tech (I've mentioned this before in the thread) when Deshawn Corprew got in a physical altercation with a girl at a night club and was kicked off the team within a week or two. Most of that was driven by the Title IX department, but Beard/Hocutt were on board with their decision. This situation is a bit different as there doesn't seem to be evidence of actual physical abuse, but it's skirting dangerously close to that. I don't envy them their jobs deciding what to do. Any action that doesn't involve complete dismissal from the program will come with a PR hit of varying degree.

Texas isn't Baylor so I'm sure the course of action taken will be an acceptable one to most people.

I'm in the let's sit him for a year while he gets help camp. Although we don't know all the facts, he clearly seems to be fighting some powerful demons going through some serious mental issues. We(AD/school) should do our best to facilitate him getting the help he needs, and as long as he is willing and progressing then allow him to remain on campus. If he does not, then send him packing. Good luck to the young man and also hopefully this young lady does not have to endure any more abuse(alleged) at his or anyone else's hands.

3 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

I'm in the let's sit him for a year while he gets help camp. Although we don't know all the facts, he clearly seems to be fighting some powerful demons going through some serious mental issues. We(AD/school) should do our best to facilitate him getting the help he needs, and as long as he is willing and progressing then allow him to remain on campus. If he does not, then send him packing. Good luck to the young man and also hopefully this young lady does not have to endure any more abuse(alleged) at his or anyone else's hands.

He isn't going to sit for a year he was a top 20 ranked player in his class. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

Well, tell me about your first hand experience if you want. And don’t worry. Another long winded reply is coming at some point or another, so get those TL;DR responses ready!

I’ve been party to too many conversations of, “He told me this time would be different. He told me he didn’t want to lose me, that he loved me.” Only to see the same cycle of behavior repeated over and over. 

I’ll say this for certain. I wouldn’t want my daughter in a serious relationship with someone who had exhibited strong predatory behavior on the hope he’s undergone a transformative change. I’ve seen too:many women go out of their way to excuse the behavior only to end up on the receiving end. 

My examples are I’ve seen people change. I’ve worked with men and women. Pimps, murderers, hookers, drug addicts, alcoholics, domestic abusers, etc. I’ve seen some make dramatic changes and turn their lives around and get married and have kids and become great parents. You can’t broad brush everyone, but people do it so go all in man. It’s the new American way. Cancel culture in full effect. Someone does something that’s who they are forever. 

and keep up the TLDR posts and you’ll get obliterated on surly at some point. 

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

My examples are I’ve seen people change. I’ve worked with men and women. Pimps, murderers, hookers, drug addicts, alcoholics, domestic abusers, etc. I’ve seen some make dramatic changes and turn their lives around and get married and have kids and become great parents. You can’t broad brush everyone, but people do it so go all in man. It’s the new American way. Cancel culture in full effect. Someone does something that’s who they are forever. 

and keep up the TLDR posts and you’ll get obliterated on surly at some point. 

Keep up with the TLDR posts? You new? I've been doing TLDR posts forever. I did it on shaggybevo prior to this site's existence. I did it prior to shaggybevo. I do it on every site I'm active. I've seen the same comments everywhere I've ever posted about it. What is getting obliterated supposed to mean? I guess we'll find out, then, because that isn't changing. Maybe you can be the one who obliterates me? I've never been a consistent poster so I assume at some point I'll disappear. And none of us live forever.

If we're wired a certain way, we're not changing our wiring. People can do things without being those things. It's possible for people to experience all kinds of transformations. But a true predatory personality is going to remain a predatory personality regardless. There are certain people who are beyond rehabilitation. Thinking if we just do the right thing, say the right thing, put them in the right environment and they won't be that way any longer is incredibly naive and dangerous. Evil is a real thing, and it's a real thing because being evil allowed ancestors to pass on their traits successfully to the next generation, and so on and so on.

Sometimes there are situations where you want the evil guy on your side. Unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Keep up with the TLDR posts? You new? I've been doing TLDR posts forever. I did it on shaggybevo prior to this site's existence. I did it prior to shaggybevo. I do it on every site I'm active. I've seen the same comments everywhere I've ever posted about it. What is getting obliterated supposed to mean? I guess we'll find out, then, because that isn't changing. Maybe you can be the one who obliterates me? I've never been a consistent poster so I assume at some point I'll disappear. And none of us live forever.

If we're wired a certain way, we're not changing our wiring. People can do things without being those things. It's possible for people to experience all kinds of transformations. But a true predatory personality is going to remain a predatory personality regardless. There are certain people who are beyond rehabilitation. Thinking if we just do the right thing, say the right thing, put them in the right environment and they won't be that way any longer is incredibly naive and dangerous. Evil is a real thing, and it's a real thing because being evil allowed ancestors to pass on their traits successfully to the next generation, and so on and so on.

Sometimes there are situations where you want the evil guy on your side. Unfortunately. 

Lmao. Yea but not all and you said all are that way and can’t change. Just say you’re wrong and we can move on. 

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lmao. Yea but not all and you said all are that way and can’t change. Just say you’re wrong and we can move on. 

Yes, all who are true predators. If you're wired that way you're not changing.

Move on all you want. 

I asked my Mom for some perspective on this, since she ran Student Judicial Affairs at Nebraska ('99-'03) and LSU ('05-'08). She was not a softy on this stufff. This is how she answered my question about how she would've handled things at those places. "Things have changed a lot since I’ve dealt with stuff like this.  Technically it occurred off campus so the jurisdiction is in question - if it is deemed he presents a threat to the campus community then my office would deal with it.  The title 9 offices now do the investigation and would involve interviewing all parties. At Both NE and LSU I had a good relationship with athletics so I would work with them as well. Could be a semester suspension ( though the injuries honestly aren’t that bad comparably speaking) anger management classes, probation - a writing assignment and an apology letter if the victim would be okay with it. Could involve class schedule changes and a directive to have no further contact with the victim. Most students in this predicament would probably choose to go before a hearing panel because they don’t want to put anything in writing until after their trial  - if that is where the legal case is going.  He may be eligible for some kind of diversion.  NE athletics would have him in counseling immediately."

She does not really know who Arterio Morris is and from the looks of her response, doesn't seem to get that the woman is not a student. Still, I don't think he's gonna do much more than a short suspension, but we'll see. Texas isn't Baylor or Jimbo's FSU, and the Title IX office is pretty solid from what I understand (those with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong), but this is a really fucked up situation that is probably gonna result in nothing in the criminal (or civil) legal system, so not sure UT will go further. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingPresidential said:

I asked my Mom for some perspective on this, since she ran Student Judicial Affairs at Nebraska ('99-'03) and LSU ('05-'08). She was not a softy on this stufff. This is how she answered my question about how she would've handled things at those places. "Things have changed a lot since I’ve dealt with stuff like this.  Technically it occurred off campus so the jurisdiction is in question - if it is deemed he presents a threat to the campus community then my office would deal with it.  The title 9 offices now do the investigation and would involve interviewing all parties. At Both NE and LSU I had a good relationship with athletics so I would work with them as well. Could be a semester suspension ( though the injuries honestly aren’t that bad comparably speaking) anger management classes, probation - a writing assignment and an apology letter if the victim would be okay with it. Could involve class schedule changes and a directive to have no further contact with the victim. Most students in this predicament would probably choose to go before a hearing panel because they don’t want to put anything in writing until after their trial  - if that is where the legal case is going.  He may be eligible for some kind of diversion.  NE athletics would have him in counseling immediately."

She does not really know who Arterio Morris is and from the looks of her response, doesn't seem to get that the woman is not a student. Still, I don't think he's gonna do much more than a short suspension, but we'll see. Texas isn't Baylor or Jimbo's FSU, and the Title IX office is pretty solid from what I understand (those with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong), but this is a really fucked up situation that is probably gonna result in nothing in the criminal (or civil) legal system, so not sure UT will go further. 

Yeah, that's exactly how I see it. The victim is not a student. There was impermissible physical contact, but nothing too severe. It's not clear if the victim is pressing charges, but doesn't seem like it. And Morris apparently has a top notch lawyer. 

I certainly don't see a year long suspension as even a remote possibility. Some kind of relatively short suspension in terms of seeing the court to start the season. Assuming nothing further happens. 

Thanks for the perspective. 

You’re giving examples on line with Ted bundy and then saying no one can change. You did in previous posts and now saying only predators can’t change and even that is bullshit. Some can change and some can’t. Predators, murderers, alcoholics, heroin addicts, sex addicts, etc. there are examples that some can and some can’t. Not sure why you’re being dumb as fuck about this.

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re giving examples on line with Ted bundy and then saying no one can change. You did in previous posts and now saying only predators can’t change and even that is bullshit. Some can change and some can’t. Predators, murderers, alcoholics, heroin addicts, sex addicts, etc. there are examples that some can and some can’t. Not sure why you’re being dumb as fuck about this.

I never said no one can change. And yes, absolutely on line with Ted Bundy. It's not that rare. It's just relatively rare they become serial killers with the notoriety of Bundy. 

Sometimes they join law enforcement. Sometimes they join the military. The movie Whiplash is a fictional story about one who doesn't physically abuse anyone. If you're wired that way you're going to stay that way. There isn't any therapy - or anything else - that's going to change you. And the damage is done when good people think they can. 

6 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

True or false - he posted a threat to this woman depicting himself holding a gun?

This is Texas sir.  That sort of behavior is applauded here.  Probably not in this case because his skin is a little too dark, but gun porn for white people will get you a lot of likes on Instagram

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

True or false - he posted a threat to this woman depicting himself holding a gun?

Yes. It was a text he sent her. It showed a gun. It’s not clear it was him holding it. Maybe it was a picture he pulled from the internet? That would be better if that was the case. 

But it was a picture of a gun being held up with the hand pictured, and a caption of, “You done?” below it. 

"obey the law"? huh? is that the issue for you here? that he's not "obeying the law"?  not that he's driving 3+ hours to stalk and threaten his gf, not him flashing a piece and threatening her on snapchat- your issue is that the black kid doesn't obey the thin blue line. with all due respect, i'd like for this forum to cut bait with posters like you. 

edit: "if we can't get him to obey the law." wow. i'm still shaking my head over this line of thinking. like, tell me this is you without telling me this is you:

544B4BA6-2C72-4E42-8F51-D516A81C1396.jpeg

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1