2022 Schedule is out

mdmost

Just now, Hate said:

So does this make it official Texas will be in the Big 12 next year? I assume that is still subject to change?

It's very much subject to change but the financials, the LHN, some joint research grants with tens of millions on the line/IP, and some of the "pod/scheduling" shit in Olympic sports is gonna need a lot more time to hash out than most thought.  That's the problem when you fill a room with a bunch of "lawyers" from fucking Missouri, Mississippi and South Carolina.  But the conventional thinking at Belmont and the Tower is that we're going to do one more year in the Big XII athletically (2022-23).  I don't like it, it's just the disclaimer they've been verbally saying for a couple months now. 

Wins: ULM, UTSA

Losses: Bama, ou

Up-for-grabs: the other 8.

So if we split the up-for-grabs, we're 6-6.  

Then we can go beat Army in the Who Gives a Shit Bowl on a Tuesday night.

Then we can give Sark an extension to reward him for the whopping 40% increase in our win total in Year 2.

Fuck everything.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I thought the four noobs were coming in next year.  No?

Edit:  Nope, 2023 for the AAC teams, 2024 for BYU.

Which is why 2023 is when we're out. Conference rolls on with 11 teams and BYU gets out of their deal early. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah but UTSA lost to North Texas. That's like losing to Kansas...oh wait.

Yeah but didn’t Frank Harris sit out most of that UNT game? Dude is a baller and will come out ready to showcase his talents against us for the NFL scouts on our field. 

I would have never dreamed that I would look at Texas schedule like that and think, "Man, that looks pretty tough."

I'm glad for the extra year prior to going to the SEC.

I haven't given up on Sark.

We have an off season to correct some of the terrible holes in our roster. We should be able to score points. Don't know about that defense.

I'm sure I'll be guardedly optimistic for 8-10 wins by August.

That's just me. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Then we can give Sark an extension to reward him for the whopping 40% increase in our win total in Year 2.

Fuck everything.

Uh.. not sure you have seen what is happening at OU these days. 

I would agree on Bama being a likely loss, but if we get a few impact guys in the portal in the right spots, I can see us rebounding stronger than expected.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Other than Bama, booooooring home schedule. I don’t think I’m gonna re-up my season tix

UT is gonna say “buy season tickets now to lock in your rate for 5+ years so you can get SEC games at a Big 12 price.” Reminds me of 1999 when my little brother paid Rolling Stone  magazine $99 for a lifetime subscription. My parents are still getting that shit every month even after we tried to cancel many times.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Fuck everything.

UTSA >>>>Kansas

11 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Unpopular opinion: we need the extra year playing at the kids table in the Big12 before we jump up to the adults table in the SEC.

I disagree. Baptism by fire. These fucks need to understand what high level football is like. I’m tired of playing grab ass with Kansas and fucking Baylor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No. We already played them in Austin back in 2008. This was supposed to be on the schedule back in the Mack years but kept getting pushed back.  

Those assholes backed out on us when they started playing aggy in Arlington, which is why we just now played the last game of that deal.