2022 Schedule is out

mdmost

9 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

LHN doesn’t live broadcast away games, so the @Kansas game will be on another  network. Maybe ESPN-U

Guess I’m 0-1 right off the back lol 

maybe Fox sports 1 then. . Not sure if the slate of games that week 

• Haha 1

8 Weeks before the bye week.  Includes 3 game stretch of blOU, Iowa State, @Okie Lite...

Texas Longhorns Schedule 2022

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, 9/3
vsULMULM
7:00 PM

espn-longhorn@2x.png

Sat, 9/10
vsALAALA
11:00 AM
FOX

Sat, 9/17
vsUTSAUTSA
7:00 PM

espn-longhorn@2x.png

Sat, 9/24
@TTUTTU
TBD    
Sat, 10/1
vsWVUWVU
TBD    
Sat, 10/8
vsOUOU *
TBD

espn-abc@2x.png

Sat, 10/15
vsISUISU
TBD    
Sat, 10/22
@OKSTOKST
TBD    
Sat, 11/5
@KSUKSU
TBD    
Sat, 11/12
vsTCUTCU
TBD    
Sat, 11/19
@KUKU
TBD    
Fri, 11/25
vsBAYBAY
TBD    

* Game played at neutral location

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I could see Texas beating Alabama and turning around and losing to UTSA

I don't. That is an insane scenario even for Tom Herman.

Now I could certainly see them beating Alabama and then losing to Oklahoma State and Iowa State and all that. 

Edited by Valmy77

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Popular topic...

NTTAWWI, but Richard Kimball is straight up mainlining the Kool-Aid: 

"Prediction: 10-2 (7-2) 1st in Big 12.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m tired of the “Texas is Back” claims but 2022 will show that there is a new era of football forming in Austin, one that is highlighted by high-scoring, all-around offense that is paired with a hard-nosed defense. And with the SEC on the horizon, the timing for Texas football could not be any better.

It may be tough to say now, but you will be saying it after this season."

21 hours ago, Red Five said:

Would y'all still take 9-3 right now, if one of the three losses was OU?

Of course. 9 wins with this team would be incredible. 8-4 with this team would be great. I am fine with losses to OU, Iowa State and Okie Lite. Beating those schools isn't even on our radar right now. 

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Of course. 9 wins with this team would be incredible. 8-4 with this team would be great. I am fine with losses to OU, Iowa State and Okie Lite. Beating those schools isn't even on our radar right now. 

I just hope everyone has fun and does well in their classes. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I am fine with losses to OU, Iowa State and Okie Lite. Beating those schools isn't even on our radar right now. 

Wait, hold up. You are fine with going 0-3 in three games in which we are the betting favorites? Of which one would be our fifth consecutive loss to OU?

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Wait, hold up. You are fine with going 0-3 in three games in which we are the betting favorites? Of which one would be our fifth consecutive loss to OU?

We survived our last 5 game losing streak to OU. Just saying. 

I don’t want to lose to OU, but if you tell me today I can get a guaranteed 9-3 record by taking a loss to OU, I’m taking it. After last year, I’ll take it. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I would love to go undefeated. I hope we never lose to OU in football again. Same for ISU and OSU. I am also a realist. I'm not surprised that is upsetting to you. 

58 minutes ago, n64ra said:

How about ...

Would y'all still take 9-3 right now, if one of the three losses was UTSA?

What are the other 2 losses? Can I trade an OU loss for a UTSA loss instead so we have a win over OU?  I can live with that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

What are the other 2 losses? Can I trade an OU loss for a UTSA loss instead so we have a win over OU?  I can live with that.  

I can also live with that. Pick whoever you want for the other two losses.

55 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Agreed. It would also mean one conference loss, so we'd be in the CCG. 

Bama and ULM lets Texas go undefeated in conference play but makes for a very shitty September. BU and OSU are realistic losses but might keep us out of the CCG (say BU only loses to OSU and OSU only loses to OU).

PFF ranks Texas' 2022 schedule as one of the toughest in the country

Cj Mumme - Yesterday 2:19 PM

Pro Football Focus ranks Texas’ 2022 schedule as the 12th most difficult in the country and No. 1 in the Big 12 Conference.

AAWe94s.img?w=612&h=408&m=6&x=113&y=125&

© Scott Wachter-USA TODAY SportsSteve Sarkisian

Fans have already set a season ticket record less than a month away from opening kickoff.

The Longhorns’ nonconference schedule is highlighted by a blue-blood matchup against Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide in Week 2. Texas will host a UTSA team that won 11 games a year ago the following week.

Texas plays a full nine-game Big 12 schedule with difficult road trips to Oklahoma State and Kansas State. The Horns look for revenge against rival Oklahoma in Dallas in the second week of October. Defending Big 12 champion Baylor comes to Austin to end the regular season on Nov. 26.  

Here is a full look at Pro Football Focus’ schedule rankings ahead of the 2022 college football season.

image.png

Would y'all still take 9-3 right now, if one of the three losses was OU?

No. Texas has had OU beat the past two years and has a reasonable chance of beating them this year. I’m taking my chances on that. Fucking tired of losing that game.

The only thing that makes it interesting is that 9-3 might very well get you to Arlington. But if you don’t get there, 7-5 with an OU win doesn’t feel that different from 9-3 with an OU loss from a season enjoyment perspective, and 7-5 isn’t going to crush recruiting.

How about ...
Would y'all still take 9-3 right now, if one of the three losses was UTSA?

Absolutely. That means Texas went 8-1 in conference and is playing for a title. When you introduce hardware or a guaranteed shot at it, the calculus changes.

We are not losing to UTSA at home. I don’t care how many games they won last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dignan said:

Didn't ou go 7-5 in 1999 and then win the national title the next year? I think we will do the same, except we were like 5-7 so maybe we will go 10-2. So yeah, 10-2 or maybe 9-3. 

I remember walking out of the Cotton Bowl in 1998 thinking OU was going to be miles behind us for a decade.

The next year they had us down 17-0 before a furious comeback.

The year after that they pushed our shit in sideways and won the national title…

2 hours ago, Dignan said:

Didn't ou go 7-5 in 1999 and then win the national title the next year? I think we will do the same, except we were like 5-7 so maybe we will go 10-2. So yeah, 10-2 or maybe 9-3. 

I went to UT 94’ thru 99’.  OU was considered a secondary rival to A&M the whole time due to OU being down and A&M having contended in the early 90s. Then, like the previous poster alluded to, OU shocked the world seemingly out of nowhere in 2000, and from that point forward The Texas-OU game became THE game.